Jets sign RB Frank Gore

Bianconero

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Gore isn't replacing Bell but he is an insurance with a wealth of NFL experience on the roster in case if Jets are able to trade Bell away any time by deadline.

Need to remember that Gase has no good use for RB and there is a very good chance that Bell will complain about lacking of touches in important plays.

This post has increased my disdain for Gase.

Well this is a surprise. I don’t mind it.

It does make me believe that this is Bell’s last year with us though. It doesn’t make sense to have an expensive back when you want to run a committee.

Bell will improve because of the OL but he was slower relative to what he was in Pitt.

I really like this signing. Good for rotation and another RB Perine can learn from. Neither won't have an impact on Bell's starting status. They will help keep him fresh and attack a weak run defense. Perine is the winner in all of this. 

• Like 1

Good signing by the Jets because it adds depth to the RB room and is a legit #2 behind Bell. Don’t want to rush Perine and push him into the fire too quickly. He can learn from the both of them while also getting some snaps

I think it is funny how people say we are moving on from Bell because we signed a 37 year old RB. All he is going to do is be the guy that does not fumble and is another coach on the field. He will fight for a spot and my not even dress some games. I think you guys are crazy to think we should move away from Bell. He was in the top 10 for broken tackles and he had zero help most of the season with Sam down and no OL. Then you add in the fact that the Jets are fighting from behind on most games taking out the running game. Bell will rush for 1200-1300 yards along with 13 Rush TD. He will catch another 60 or so passes for 600 yards and 6 TD. He is our O because the WR are weak. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think it is funny how people say we are moving on from Bell because we signed a 37 year old RB. All he is going to do is be the guy that does not fumble and is another coach on the field. He will fight for a spot and my not even dress some games. I think you guys are crazy to think we should move away from Bell. He was in the top 10 for broken tackles and he had zero help most of the season with Sam down and no OL. Then you add in the fact that the Jets are fighting from behind on most games taking out the running game. Bell will rush for 1200-1300 yards along with 13 Rush TD. He will catch another 60 or so passes for 600 yards and 6 TD. He is our O because the WR are weak. 

https://stillcurtain.com/2019/05/30/leveon-bell-overrated-steelers/

PFFFTTTTTTTTTT!!!!   Quit being Bell's apologist.  He is just an ordinary RB.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JetsandI said:

He sure did look like a ordinary RB last year. Our lousy O line sure didn't help him last year. But I still can't get over that dancing act of Bell"s, when he delays hitting the line. And I did not see him make on run round end all year. We are still paying the price for Macc's horrible drafting, if he pick Devin Cook when he fell in our lap we would have gotten a top young RB at a much cheaper price.

Edited by doumeyer

22 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Wow to say Bell is an ordinary RB is crazy to me. He had a year off and went to a new team and a bad OL. Barry Sanders would have had trouble too. I am also not a guy that likes the grading on the PFT or what ever it is. If you want stats he was ranked 9th for broken tackles and ranked top 5 for being hit behind the line of scrimmage. I think some people will change their attitude on Bell when he balls out this year. 

39 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Wow to say Bell is an ordinary RB is crazy to me. He had a year off and went to a new team and a bad OL. Barry Sanders would have had trouble too. I am also not a guy that likes the grading on the PFT or what ever it is. If you want stats he was ranked 9th for broken tackles and ranked top 5 for being hit behind the line of scrimmage. I think some people will change their attitude on Bell when he balls out this year. 

Leave Barry out of this,  he played behind some awful lines, and his worst year he still averaged over 1 ypc more than Bell did last year. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Leave Barry out of this,  he played behind some awful lines, and his worst year he still averaged over 1 ypc more than Bell did last year. 

I don’t think Detroit’s OL was every the 2nd worst OL in the NFL though

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think Detroit’s OL was every the 2nd worst OL in the NFL though

It was pretty bad,  they really didn't keep advanced stats like that back then,  but he had to deal with someone in the backfield a ton 

I think I watched a different Bell than most of you here. He pulled a ton of plays out of his rear. He's ZBS back who knows how to find a hole and can accelerate the moment it opens, but last year our OL couldn't make a hole for the life of them. We could barely pass block - zone blocking was way out of our league.