Jets sign RB Frank Gore

Bianconero

I'm cool with it.   He did have his most efficient season in recent years under Gase,  averaging 4.6 ypc.  Add in that he is about a good off a teammate as there has ever been and that he works harder and prepares better than just about anyone and that will just help the young guys.  If Perine is serious about learning he has 2 guys that know a lot about being a rb to learn from. 

When Bell has a big season with a better OL, we will see about awful signing. 

I think Bell rushes for 1,200 yards with 500-600 yards receiving this season. 

Our OL is going to be much better than last season, I think Becton is going to be really good really fast. Hes going to start off really good as a run blocker get people off the ball allowing Bell to have room to run. McGovern turns the center position from a liability to stability.  THe rest of the OL is not so great but they will be better than last season.  There is a good chance that Clark ends up starting at OG at some point due to injuries as Lewis is injury prone and I think hes going to pop people off the ball as well.  

I'm trying to be optimistic lol. 

• Like 1

Listen, this offense was god awful last year.  If we’re going to blame Darnold’s performance on a bad o-line, then we can use that same argument with Bell’s performance, probably even more so.  Bell will shine with an improved OL.  I’m not entirely sure I understand signing Gore.  Much younger and better guys were out there still.

19 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Listen, this offense was god awful last year.  If we’re going to blame Darnold’s performance on a bad o-line, then we can use that same argument with Bell’s performance, probably even more so.  Bell will shine with an improved OL.  I’m not entirely sure I understand signing Gore.  Much younger and better guys were out there still.

When Darnold went down the other qbs that came in were playing at a historically bad level.   Like nothing could function.  So we saw what other QBs could do behind that line... nothing.   We saw that Darnold was actually raising the level of the offense despite the horrid line. 

When Bell came out Powell was better and more efficient than him.   That's not a great sign.   We all love Powell but he's not supposed to be better than your 13 mill a year RB.

Bell looked extremely slow, and indecisive last year.   He's just had so many touches through college then in Pittsburg he just might not have much left. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

When Darnold went down the other qbs that came in were playing at a historically bad level.   Like nothing could function.  So we saw what other QBs could do behind that line... nothing.   We saw that Darnold was actually raising the level of the offense despite the horrid line. 

When Bell came out Powell was better and more efficient than him.   That's not a great sign.   We all love Powell but he's not supposed to be better than your 13 mill a year RB.

Bell looked extremely slow, and indecisive last year.   He's just had so many touches through college then in Pittsburg he just might not have much left. 

he was top ten in broken tackles and the jets tied the steelers in having the lowest yards before contact to their RBs.

Bell will be fine. 

Hopefully he can be that veteran presence but Gase’s reputation precedes him on this occasion. Hope I’m wrong but he shouldn’t be anymore than a fill in here and there to sub Bell and allow Perine to develop nicely 

Edited by xenajets

You guys are crazy to think we signed Frank Gore to replace the RB we are paying $16M. Bell is in his prime and if we want him to be productive for the remainder of his contract we will need to spell him. Having Gore as a thumper who can wear down the inside gaps will be a good thing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

How is this a bad move? He might not even make the team.

However, I'm gonna miss Bilal Powell so much.

For me it’s not about Powell. It’s not giving Perine as many touches as he would’ve had. And if we cut Bell after 2020 that is just another position we will have no clue about going forward. 

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For me it’s not about Powell. It’s not giving Perine as many touches as he would’ve had. And if we cut Bell after 2020 that is just another position we will have no clue about going forward. 

That's assuming he plays, we dont know obviously so its speculation on both sides. Rookies will all transition into bigger roles as the year goes on. Only one I expect to see a ton of snaps is Becton who should be starting and Mims will rotate in and out with the receivers as he learns. 

31 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

You guys are crazy to think we signed Frank Gore to replace the RB we are paying $16M. Bell is in his prime and if we want him to be productive for the remainder of his contract we will need to spell him. Having Gore as a thumper who can wear down the inside gaps will be a good thing.

Gore isn't replacing Bell but he is an insurance with a wealth of NFL experience on the roster in case if Jets are able to trade Bell away any time by deadline.

Need to remember that Gase has no good use for RB and there is a very good chance that Bell will complain about lacking of touches in important plays.