Bianconero

Jets sign Grandparent Frank Gore

I could actually see it if the Jets had some promising young RB that they felt needed a bit of mentoring and could use a short yardage guy or whatever.  But like...this feels like a direct shot at Lev Bell's leadership/mentorship ability i think.  What do you need a pile of decrepit bones trying to compile those last few hundred yards per year for?  If not as a de facto RBs Coach for a young RB room?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Off the top of my head, notable RBs Frank Gore has outlived in his career...

Darren Sproles

I may be wrong, but I think Sproles was planning on playing. 

(quick search) Nope, report says he's retiring at age 36. Would've been 37 at the start of the season. An even more remarkable career than Gore's, given that he's one of the few NFL players I would tower over

Edited by Mr Bad Example

39 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I could actually see it if the Jets had some promising young RB that they felt needed a bit of mentoring and could use a short yardage guy or whatever.  But like...this feels like a direct shot at Lev Bell's leadership/mentorship ability i think.  What do you need a pile of decrepit bones trying to compile those last few hundred yards per year for?  If not as a de facto RBs Coach for a young RB room?

Who cares about the abstract... if you're a crappy team like the Jets and you can get an elder statesman like Gore you get him.

Gore's  main competition. I can't see Gore making the team.

31 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Gore's  main competition. I can't see Gore making the team.

Thank you. The uplifting music helped me know to feel uplifted.

I think he's goreing to have about 400 yards. 

On 5/5/2020 at 12:36 PM, ET80 said:

To think, people figured his career was in jeopardy after tearing his ACL in back to back seasons at Miami back in 2003/2004. No way a guy who had this sort of chronic knee issue is going to play in the league, right? Maybe 2-3 years before he gets hurt again?

Keep proving them wrong, Gore. Represent for us old dudes...

I remember him coming out cause I was following Mcgahee pretty hard. A lot of people questioned how long Gore would last. 

I was hoping he would go back to Indy so he would have a line that makes him look better than he is.

He had 600 yards rushing last year despite basically not playing after October.

He could probably crack off 600 again, he's still got something left. He basically was our offense the first month of the season which is a big reason he ran out of gas late.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I think he's goreing to have about 400 yards. 

what about week 2?

On 5/5/2020 at 11:28 AM, sammymvpknight said:

giphy.gif

And he'll get to the finish line 3rd 😎

On 5/5/2020 at 10:44 AM, Danger said:

He will probably continue to play until his son Frank Gore Jr. gets into the league (assuming he's good enough)

Frank Jr. is already 18 and headed to Southern Miss. Imagine a father and son playing at the same time.

57 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Frank Jr. is already 18 and headed to Southern Miss. Imagine a father and son playing at the same time.

It's not even crazy to think about that right now considering the chances of Frank Gore playing with Frank Gore IV in the NFL are pretty high.