Jets sign Grandparent Frank Gore

Bianconero

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

To think, people figured his career was in jeopardy after tearing his ACL in back to back seasons at Miami back in 2003/2004. No way a guy who had this sort of chronic knee issue is going to play in the league, right? Maybe 2-3 years before he gets hurt again?

Keep proving them wrong, Gore. Represent for us old dudes...

Agreed, in fact I'd argue there are 8-10 better backs in the draft than Gore and the Niners made a big mistake drafting him!!!

Oh wait! Truly amazing how he's still playing when there was a time in 2011 when Niners fans thought the end was near and he was going to get replaced by Kendall Hunter.....A few weeks later he ran off like five consecutive 100 yard games and is still playing nine years later LOL. 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Agreed, in fact I'd argue there are 8-10 better backs in the draft than Gore and the Niners made a big mistake drafting him!!!

Oh wait! Truly amazing how he's still playing when there was a time in 2011 when Niners fans thought the end was near and he was going to get replaced by Kendall Hunter.....A few weeks later he ran off like five consecutive 100 yard games and is still playing nine years later LOL. 

Kevan Barlow - now that name takes me back, wow.

Off the top of my head, notable RBs Frank Gore has outlived in his career...

MJD

Steven Jackson

Jonathan Stewart

Arian Foster

Chris Johnson

Jamaal Charles

DeAngelo Williams

Knowshon Moreno

Matt Forte

Marshawn Lynch

Rashard Mendenhall

Cedric Benson (RIP)

CJ Spiller

Reggie Bush

DeMarco Murray

Marion Barber

Julius Jones

David Wilson

Pierre Thomas

Darren Sproles

Eddie Lacy

Trent Richardson

I'm too tired to think of more....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Probably not. Maybe doesn't get in at all. But he deserves to, by cracky...

He's the third leading rusher of all time behind Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton.

He's 1376yds behind Payton and though possible....I dont see it happening.  I mean, the guy's gotta run out of gas sometime right?

All the top 16 leading rushers are in the HOF - except those still active: Gore and Adrian Petersen (currently in fifth place - 1131yds behind Gore and 1053yds behind Barry Sanders - in fourth place).

Gore's getting in.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's the third leading rusher of all time behind Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton.

He's 1376yds behind Payton and though possible....I dont see it happening.  I mean, the guy's gotta run out of gas sometime right?

All the top 16 leading rushers are in the HOF - except those still active: Gore and Adrian Petersen (currently in fifth place - 1131yds behind Gore and 1053yds behind Barry Sanders - in fourth place).

Gore's getting in.

Hope you're right. 

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Gore's getting in.

I'd argue that Gore would have more yards than Emmitt if he'd run behind that line his whole career. 

He absolutely should get in. Longevity should be a mark in his favor, not a strike against him.

• Like 1