Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

21 hours ago, vike daddy said:

it's what a fan based discussion board does. the members speculate.

OK, I'll speculate TB starts and lays an egg.  Dispute my speculation, if you care to, with something more substantive than mere speculation.  At times, this board, and nearly always, this topic of QB, seems to go back and forth like a table tennis match point that goes on for dozens of volleys using mainly speculation and 'beliefs'.  What is learned or gained from re-stating speculation and beliefs?  Shouldn't a case be made for a QB, like Case, or TB, and something substantive offered in support of it?

1 minute ago, Purplexing said:

OK, I'll speculate TB starts and lays an egg.  Dispute my speculation, if you care to, with something more substantive than mere speculation.  At times, this board, and nearly always, this topic of QB, seems to go back and forth like a table tennis match point that goes on for dozens of volleys using mainly speculation and 'beliefs'.  What is learned or gained from re-stating speculation and beliefs?  Shouldn't a case be made for a QB, like Case, or TB, and something substantive offered in support of it?

we as fans have no definitive data or first person understanding of the items that make up the coaches' and execs' decisions. as fans, all we can do is offer opinions, and yes often the discussion goes back and forth with members just re-stating their opinions.

there's certainly no harm in this. it's merely low level discussions.

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

So, anything could happen basically? I'm a bit perplexed.

Zimmer said he'll announce the starter tomorrow. If history shows us anything, its just a light tactic used to provide some confusion for the opponent, but usually the incumbent starts. I expect it to be Keenum.

No, I'm not hedging here; I claimed TB will be named starter and offered a few points in support of that position.  Only one thing will happen, IMO, with support offered.

How much history is there on Zimmer making a QB announcement mid-week, and why not delay it until Saturday if his objective is to 'confuse' the opponent?   Usually the incumbent starts, so why make an announcement if the opponent knows the 'usual' action?

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

we as fans have no definitive data or first person understanding of the items that make up the coaches' and execs' decisions. as fans, all we can do is offer opinions, and yes often the discussion goes back and forth with members just re-stating their opinions.

there's certainly no harm in this. it's merely low level discussions.

I agree there is no harm in volleying back and forth with speculation.  Carry on.

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

He's ready if needed? I don't see why that's so hard to understand

I don't understand why, if he's ready, that he doesn't start immediately.  If he is perceived to be a better player than the other QB options, why not start him immediately?  IF he isn't ready to supplant Case, what justifies him starting later than Thanksgiving (i.e. [Professor Irwin Corey-ism] being ready later but not really being ready now, but being ready if needed [/Professor Irwin Corey-ism])?

3 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

I don't understand why, if he's ready, that he doesn't start immediately.  If he is perceived to be a better player than the other QB options, why not start him immediately?  IF he isn't ready to supplant Case, what justifies him starting later than Thanksgiving (i.e. [Professor Irwin Corey-ism] being ready later but not really being ready now, but being ready if needed [/Professor Irwin Corey-ism])?

He's physically ready but could benefit from more practice reps. At this point he would more than likely better than sloter but maybe not better than keenum. That could change in a couple weeks.

Personally I think Zimmer was planning on starting teddy this week until case played so well. Didn't he say that plans can change after the game?

Unless he wants teddy to knock off some rust before the Lions game, I think keenum is the starter

3 hours ago, disaacs said:

Does it really matter what's driving the winning streak? 

That's the same logic as saying, "Hey our company has been making money hand over fist under this CEO, our stock price has never been higher, and it's right before year-end, but I like this guy over here better...he was the interim CEO before we hired this guy and has been out of the company for a few years and we've changed our company philosophy, but I think we can give him a few months and see and he'll figure it out...our shareholders will understand and stick with us, even if our share price tanks."  

Don't get me started.

Stuff like this happens all the time.

:D

3 hours ago, disaacs said:

Does it really matter what's driving the winning streak? 

That's the same logic as saying, "Hey our company has been making money hand over fist under this CEO, our stock price has never been higher, and it's right before year-end, but I like this guy over here better...he was the interim CEO before we hired this guy and has been out of the company for a few years and we've changed our company philosophy, but I think we can give him a few months and see and he'll figure it out...our shareholders will understand and stick with us, even if our share price tanks."  

Except MN has yet to win anything and have won a string of games against below .500 teams.

in this case, is Keenum not the interim? It was Teddy's job first, I guess you could say he has been on leave.

Does winning 5 games in a row matter?

How is that an argument for Teddy? Of course it matters. Case has put us in position to get a bye maybe even home games all the way to the big dance.

Teddys evaluation for next contract, the feel good story for Teddys return, and initial investment all take a back seat to continuity and keeping this train rolling with Case under center.

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Case Keenum: "If they played this game on paper, I wouldn’t be in this league. But it’s a game for competitors, and I’m a competitor.” 

?: http://mnvkn.gs/pxTOus

Sounds like he is openly asking for the starting job, showing the desire for the starting spot or at least to continue starting, to an extent he didn't feel he needed to before.

Archived