Sign in to follow this  
turtle28

Top NFL Free Agents Still Available at Every Position

On 5/6/2020 at 11:19 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm fine with our OLBs now. I just like Markus Golden.

I think Golden ends up back for the NYG, I just hope they don't get Clowney and Golden!  Ugh 

14 hours ago, Chuck80 said:

Barron is a good coverage mlb... Peters would be a good pickup but the price is kinda high for him...

Dupree and Watt are great olb's , the only way clay would work is if he's in on 3rd down blitzing packages 

I really think they drafted Antonie Brooks to put him in the Barron role. I don’t think Barron will be re-signed bc of the Brooks draft pick.

35 minutes ago, DR43 said:

why not eric reid

I think he’d be a good fit. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think he’d be a good fit. 

y not?

3 hours ago, DR43 said:

y not?

I don’t think we have any money. If they give Cam Heyward an extension, maybe. 

On 5/18/2020 at 12:13 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t think we have any money. If they give Cam Heyward an extension, maybe. 

They definitely need to extend both Heyward & Dupree so they can add someone like Snacks Harrison. Personally, I don’t see them adding a vet SS/dime LB agree drafting Brooks. If they wanted to go that route they would’ve just re-signed Barron, who I still think they’d re-sign over signing Eric Reid bc of their familiarity w/ Barron.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

They definitely need to extend both Heyward & Dupree so they can add someone like Snacks Harrison. Personally, I don’t see them adding a vet SS/dime LB agree drafting Brooks. If they wanted to go that route they would’ve just re-signed Barron, who I still think they’d re-sign over signing Eric Reid bc of their familiarity w/ Barron.

Two thoughts on this... 1) Barron is on the street for a reason, and 2) Brooks, right now, is NOT able to take 60% of the snaps on defense (which is what Barron played).

We can't even count on Edmunds/Minkah being flex guys since we have no safety #3 to help play deep.  I'd see Reid being added if we are committed to moving one of them to nickelbacker, but otherwise it is UG3/Marcus Allen/Brooks/Vince? at that critical 60%.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us add Barron and a 3rd safety at some point before the season starts.  Some type of 1 year vet deal or a 2 year backloaded deal that is essentially a 1 year deal.  To me, S and ILB/nickelbacker are bigger needs than NT.

The NYG tendered Golden ( very rare thing) so I think it cost a comp pick if someone else signs him.

17 hours ago, kurgan said:

Two thoughts on this... 1) Barron is on the street for a reason, and 2) Brooks, right now, is NOT able to take 60% of the snaps on defense (which is what Barron played).

We can't even count on Edmunds/Minkah being flex guys since we have no safety #3 to help play deep.  I'd see Reid being added if we are committed to moving one of them to nickelbacker, but otherwise it is UG3/Marcus Allen/Brooks/Vince? at that critical 60%.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us add Barron and a 3rd safety at some point before the season starts.  Some type of 1 year vet deal or a 2 year backloaded deal that is essentially a 1 year deal.  To me, S and ILB/nickelbacker are bigger needs than NT.

I understand entirely that the young guys are not at this point ready to play 60% of the snaps but  the only way guys get ready & improve is by actually playing. And, signing Reid or another SS/dime WLB type would stunt the development of the young players they have, on top of that they don't have the cap space to sign anyone w/o extending Heyward and or Dupree. Perhaps they eventually re-sign Barron but I don't think it will be any time soon.

It's clear that they want to look at these young guys in offseason practices & training camp/preseason when/if there is one. I think that's entirely why they haven't even re-signed Barron.

As for NT being more important, if the Steelers were in a different division, I’d agree but they're not. They need a NT, a big reliable NT to push the center back into Lamar Jackson’s face when he's running the read option or when he's doing a play action pass and trying to throw it.

Having Snacks Harrison at 350 pounds barreling over the center and heading towards Lamar Jackson is something I'd pay top $ to see!