2021 Draft Talk

swede700

55 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Since Harris is on the franchise tag he can't be extended until after the season. At least that's my understanding.

That is correct. Further, I would rather trade him and then let the other team worry about extending him than the other way around. That allows the other team to structure the contract how they like.

3 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

That is correct. Further, I would rather trade him and then let the other team worry about extending him than the other way around. That allows the other team to structure the contract how they like.

Agreed, it might lessen his value slightly but he isn't in the teams long-term plans.

Hindsight, but it would've been nice to have pulled the trigger on those pre-draft trade rumours of a 2nd or 3rd from the Browns and drafted Antoine Winfield Jr...

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 5:01 PM, JDBrocks said:

Mike Mayer at ND is going to be a MONSTER when he declares. He’s only a freshman but he’s already the best skill position player on the #3 team in the country.

Yeah Mayer looked very good last week, huge kid and has a ton of upside being so young.  Sure he is the best skill position player on Notre Dame in terms of pass catchers but that is not saying much, they lost so much from the previous seasons in Boykin and recently with Claypool and Kmet.  Tommy Tremble on Notre Dame could be a hell of a HB or TE potentially at the next level, is a hell of a blocker.

That Notre Dame OL is damn good though which is allowing the freshman backs a lot of room to make plays.  Kyle Hamilton at safety for them is awesome and could be a hell of a player down the road, that Notre Dame vs Clemson game is going to be huge, best two teams in the ACC no question.

I think House’s comment here is a big reason why fans have never accepted Cousins, and want someone new. He’s not very fun to watch. Even when he’s playing well, he’s very traditional, methodical, and boring. 

When you look around the league and see Mahomes, Watson, Murray, Wilson, Rodgers, Herbert, Mayfield, and any other QB who has a knack for creating during the course of the play, they make the game so much more fun to watch. 

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I think House’s comment here is a big reason why fans have never accepted Cousins, and want someone new. He’s not very fun to watch. Even when he’s playing well, he’s very traditional, methodical, and boring. 

When you look around the league and see Mahomes, Watson, Murray, Wilson, Rodgers, Herbert, Mayfield, and any other QB who has a knack for creating during the course of the play, they make the game so much more fun to watch. 

I've thought a lot about this. Even when those above are struggling, they still find ways to either move the ball or making it more enjoyable. When Kirk struggles we get games like the Bills,  Bears, Packers, and Colts game. Just completely unwatchaable. 

• Like 1