2021 Draft Talk

swede700

On 11/20/2020 at 5:44 PM, rf54 said:

Good drafts for QBs but in 83 6 QBs were taken in the first round an all 6 started for their teams for significant time.  4 of the 6 took their teams to the SB.  Widely considered the greatest QB draft of all times.  Of course Elway took the Broncos whom he was traded to.

1983 1 1 1 1 John Elway Colts Stanford
  2 1 7 7 Todd Blackledge Chiefs Penn State
  3 1 14 14 Jim Kelly Bills Miami (FL)
  4 1 15 15 Tony Eason Patriots Illinois
  5 1 24 24 Ken O'Brien Jets California-Davis
  6 1 27 27 Dan Marino Dolphins Pittsburgh

I don't disagree with this take, mostly because of the three HOFers, but I don't think Blackledge, Eason, or O'Brien would be given the opportunity to start for as long as they did these days. Different climate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I don't disagree with this take, mostly because of the three HOFers, but I don't think Blackledge, Eason, or O'Brien would be given the opportunity to start for as long as they did these days. Different climate. 

O'Brian was best of those three, he was really a good QB but he was on the jets...  Eason did win 3 road playoff games to get the Pats into the 85 superbowl where they were dismantled by the Bears.  Blackledge himself was shocked when he was taken 7th and was easily the biggest bust of the group.

It's over, 10 more years of suck coming. Thanks for nothing Wilfs, your job is to make sure front office makes good decisions. TANKING was the only option. 

We should have traded Rudolf, Reiff, Thielen, Smith, etc. Before this so we ensure losing. Now we can be a middle of the pack team again, yay!! Our team is now the definition of chokers, pretenders, we have no clutchness, who wants to watch this team anymore?

This season has gone worse than anything we can imagine. You either go 11+ wins or you lose EVERY game you can. That's how you win. Its depressing I put 35 years of my life into this team. I want like 10 million + in fees for the destruction this team has caused me mentally. I'll never be a Packers fan, but I'm really thinking of moving Minnesota into Packer loser territory. The hate growing for the Vikings has the potential to grow much greater than my hate for the Bears and Packers combined.  Essentially destroying something my ENTIRE family celebrates together. 

I wanted to be the Jets this year. I want a team where we expect a loss every week. (THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE ANYWAY!!!) 

But no more loyalty, keep Cook, Jefferson and Smith Jr. and blow up the team. Draft a QB every year until you find the next Mahomes, NOT the next Burrow, I want the next Mahomes or nothing.  This team and their direction for the future is pathetic.

17 minutes ago, Viking Penguin said:

It's over, 10 more years of suck coming. Thanks for nothing Wilfs, your job is to make sure front office makes good decisions. TANKING was the only option. 

We should have traded Rudolf, Reiff, Thielen, Smith, etc. Before this so we ensure losing. Now we can be a middle of the pack team again, yay!! Our team is now the definition of chokers, pretenders, we have no clutchness, who wants to watch this team anymore?

This season has gone worse than anything we can imagine. You either go 11+ wins or you lose EVERY game you can. That's how you win. Its depressing I put 35 years of my life into this team. I want like 10 million + in fees for the destruction this team has caused me mentally. I'll never be a Packers fan, but I'm really thinking of moving Minnesota into Packer loser territory. The hate growing for the Vikings has the potential to grow much greater than my hate for the Bears and Packers combined.  Essentially destroying something my ENTIRE family celebrates together. 

I wanted to be the Jets this year. I want a team where we expect a loss every week. (THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE ANYWAY!!!) 

But no more loyalty, keep Cook, Jefferson and Smith Jr. and blow up the team. Draft a QB every year until you find the next Mahomes, NOT the next Burrow, I want the next Mahomes or nothing.  This team and their direction for the future is pathetic.

You'd be a really bad General Manager.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

You'd be a really bad General Manager.

Why? Because we would have multiple championships? My philosophy is basically the same as Robert Kraft and family. You know, winning comes first!

You fit in very nicely with this current form of the Vikings. They're proud to have fans that enjoy being average.

15 minutes ago, Viking Penguin said:

Why? Because we would have multiple championships? My philosophy is basically the same as Robert Kraft and family. You know, winning comes first!

You fit in very nicely with this current form of the Vikings. They're proud to have fans that enjoy being average.

You make zero sense, considering the Patriots have never tanked a season, period, yet you're suggesting that the Vikings do.  It also helped the Patriots that they've played in the worst division historically over the last 26 years that Kraft has owned them.  Unfortunately, the Vikings haven't had that luxury.  Really the only team that has played as bad as the 3 other teams in the AFC East has been the Lions...and even they've had more moments than the Jets, Dolphins and Bills.

Edited by swede700

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Apparently, losing equals winning. 2020 just gets stranger and stranger. 

I will never understand that mentality.  I understand the frustration, especially after such a loss yesterday, but wishing for a team to tank on the sole hope that that's going to guarantee success and a dynasty is pure nonsense.  It doesn't work that way.  The Houston Texans were 9-7 the year before they took Deshaun Watson at #12.  The Chiefs were 12-4 and traded up for Mahomes.  

There appear to be a good handful of teams that are consistently at the top of the draft (off-hand, Jets, Jaguars, Washington, Bengals).  There's a reason why they're always there.  If being a bad team one year was a magic elixir, there wouldn't be teams there year after year.  

Edited by swede700