2021 Draft Talk

swede700

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I just realized that this will be my 17th draft as a part of this community. Crazy. 

I joined in 2007 just before the draft...so this is number 14 for me.  Crazy is right!!

6 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

@Ozzy I know you've mentioned Stone Forsythe before. He scored a 8.78 on the RAS scale. Seems like both played LT and RT in college. Perhaps another 3rd/4th round option at OT?

Yeah I was surprised Stone Forsythe was getting so little attention.  Also surprised he was that tall, he is proportioned well for a massive dude and moves well also.  No doubt he could be an option but who knows maybe they do not like the "big" OTs in fear of them being bad or slow in pass pro, as if that means anything on one of the worst pass protecting offensive lines in football.  

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah I was surprised Stone Forsythe was getting so little attention.  Also surprised he was that tall, he is proportioned well for a massive dude and moves well also.  No doubt he could be an option but who knows maybe they do not like the "big" OTs in fear of them being bad or slow in pass pro, as if that means anything on one of the worst pass protecting offensive lines in football.  

Perhaps the fact that they were interested in acquiring Orlando Brown Jr could put that fear to rest. At least in regard to being a "big" OT. I've no idea how you would compare Forsythe, Doyle, and Brown Jr. coming out of college.

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Perhaps the fact that they were interested in acquiring Orlando Brown Jr could put that fear to rest. At least in regard to being a "big" OT. I've no idea how you would compare Forsythe, Doyle, and Brown Jr. coming out of college.

Yeah they missed out on that one, I would have trade a 1st rounder, 3rd and a 4th or whatever it was to get Orlando Brown Jr who apparently did not give up any sacks filling in as a LT, and not totally sure but was traded because he wanted to play LT but the Ravens did not want him there with Stanley coming back so they traded him and will be signing Villanueva instead?  Seems very odd.

In terms of comparing those guys, I had Orlando Brown Jr as a 1st round pick originally before any workout, even after the workout I think I had him as one as well.  Forsythe, Doyle and Spencer Brown I would not call 1st round picks coming out of college.  But their athletic ability is better than Brown Jrs was, but they were not as dominating on a high level as he was, Brown Jr was a great tackle and was a real force on Oklahoma I thought.  Forsythe never was that on Florida, good but did not really standout as much in terms of moving people and his overall blocking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

But their athletic ability is better than Brown Jrs was, but they were not as dominating on a high level as he was, Brown Jr was a great tackle and was a real force on Oklahoma I thought. 

I think that is the key right there. The tape, which should be the heaviest part of a players evaluation was very good for Brown Jr.

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

For some hypothetical fun, let’s say that Devonta Smith is available at 14. And for the sake of argument, Sewell, Slater, and AVT are the linemen off the board. 

Baltimore offers picks 27 and 31 in exchange for 14 and 78. 

Yay, or nay?

Damn, I'd probably say yay. Even with Darrisaw on the board.

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

For some hypothetical fun, let’s say that Devonta Smith is available at 14. And for the sake of argument, Sewell, Slater, and AVT are the linemen off the board. 

Yay, or nay?

Absolutely yes!!! Grab the best available offensive lineman with 27, and BPA of Safety, Edge, CB, WR, LB, DT, or even o-line again at 31.

Edit* Unless the brass loves Darrisaw, then just pick him.

Edited by DisplacedViking

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Yay, or nay?

Dang, I probably say yes....but I'd be very nervous (If I did any research anymore.....).

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Yay, or nay?

I would not throw in 78. 

Is there anyone you're willing to say with (nearly) 100% certainty that the Vikings will pick this year? I'm going with Caden Sterns. Darren Wolfson has mentioned him a fair amount on twitter, something he did with, among others, Garrett Bradbury, Jeff Gladney, and Ezra Cleveland over the past 2 years. Dillon Radunz is another in that category.

8 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Yay, or nay?

Yay.  

8 hours ago, Robbroy45 said:

Is there anyone you're willing to say with (nearly) 100% certainty that the Vikings will pick this year? I'm going with Caden Sterns. Darren Wolfson has mentioned him a fair amount on twitter, something he did with, among others, Garrett Bradbury, Jeff Gladney, and Ezra Cleveland over the past 2 years. Dillon Radunz is another in that category.

Twyman or Stills