Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He has everything the you want to see, physically speaking, for the “new standard” for an NFL QB. 

then why he is not being considered as likely to be drafted higher?

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

then why he is not being considered as likely to be drafted higher?

Because there are 5 arguably 6 QBs better than him in this draft.  Still 2nd round is not that low of a draft pick but in a different draft class sure he could be considered a 1st round pick.  But the teams than need a QB will go for those first 5 guys ahead of him but Mond is right there with Trask arguably but I would give a slight nod to Trask.  

 

Clearly Trey Lance and Justin Fields are considered to have more upside because they are not as experienced of players and have not played as much football as Mond has, also both have more talent arguably.  But Mond has started what 40+ games in college, clearly Fields and Trey Lance do not even come close to that in number of starts.  But also does not have as high of a ceiling because he has a big body of work so some might thing he is not going to develop much more than what he is now.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

then why he is not being considered as likely to be drafted higher?

Inconsistent results on the field, and while he has all of the desired traits, none of those traits are in the “wow” category. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Inconsistent results on the field, and while he has all of the desired traits, none of those traits are in the “wow” category. 

there was a college QB guy who played a couple of years at Michigan who was like that...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gregory Rousseau's draft stock is fading fast, per NFL Network's Bucky Brooks:

"Gregory Rousseau from Miami also suffering a bit of a slide. Because on tape, I thought I was going to see a little bit more of a dynamic player at his workout. And then when you have the situation where he didn't play this year, you expect him to really test out the gym. And he really didn't blow you away at your pro-day workout. So now I worry about some of the stiffness that I saw at the workout, plus the tape, so I just don't know what to do with him when it comes to putting that final draft grade." 

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/LongFormArticle/2021-NFL-Draft-mock-Mel-Kiper-Todd-McShay-build-superteam-Trevor-Lawrence-Justin-Fields-DeVonta-Smith-163931366/#163931366_9

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Jaelen Phillips is a hard pass for me, especially in the 1st round. 

The talent is certainly there, but there’s no way I’d use a first round pick on a player who has already medically retired once before over issues with concussions. 

I agree. And as we may lose Gladney, we should lessen the chance that we'll lose two first round picks in consecutive years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Would anyone be opposed to taking Derek Stingley if he's there in the 2022 draft?

Isn’t this the 2021 draft thread? Maybe we should concentrate on this draft before delving into next year’s draft!? 
 

Btw, for those wondering, Stanley is a CB for LSU. He is projected to be taken 4th overall in a ‘way too early’ 2022 mock draft. 
 

Hopefully we will be drafting far later in the first round. so probably no chance to nab him at 32 ;). Should we draft a high-end CB next year? Yeah, maybe, probably, we’ll see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marshpit23 said:

Isn’t this the 2021 draft thread? Maybe we should concentrate on this draft before delving into next year’s draft!? 

The best execution of this draft  to build the team is dependent on what the team feels about the next draft. It is something worth keeping an eye on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

The best execution of this draft  to build the team is dependent on what the team feels about the next draft. It is something worth keeping an eye on.

True it is good to look ahead but so much will change from now until that time it is hard to say.  This is what I have for first 2 rounds potentially in terms of next year prospects.  Evan Neal could play OG as well and is a physically dominating dude and could arguably be the #2 OL taken in this 2021 draft.  Kyle Hamilton is a freak show safety and could have fell to the Vikings if in this 2021 class.  

 

Harrison Smith, Brian O'Neill, Anthony Barr, Patrick Peterson, Xavier Woods, Mac Alexander etc are all free agents in 2022.

 

Even the though of Stingley Jr is not realistic unless one thinks the Vikings will totally suck next year.  Then again Stingley Jr did disappoint a little last year I thought and Kaiir Elam had a better season.  Those receivers on Ohio State are nuts though with Wilson and Olave, great hands and both are great route runners.  Thibodeau arguably is better than any 3/4 OLB or pure pass rusher in this current 2021 draft with continued development.  

 

1st
Spencer Rattler Oklahoma RS SOPH QB
Kayvon Thibodeau Oregon JR DE
Sam Howell UNC JR QB
Derek Stingley Jr LSU JR CB
Kyle Hamilton Notre Dame JR S
Evan Neal Alabama JR OT
Garrett Wilson Ohio State JR WR
Treylon Burks Arkansas JR WR
Kedon Slovis USC JR QB
Kaiir Elam Florida JR CB
Chris Olave Ohio State SR WR
George Karlaftis Purdue JR DE
Jalen Catalon Arkansas RS SOPH S
DeMarvin Leal Texas A&M JR DT/DE
Drake London USC JR WR
Colby Wooden Auburn RS SOPH DE
Cam Taylor-Britt Nebraska SR CB
Aidan Hutchinson Michigan SR DE
David Bell Purdue JR WR
Matt Corral Ole Miss RS JR QB
Bubba Bolden Miami FL RS SR S
Tiawan Mullen Indiana JR CB
DJ Dale Alabama JR DT
Henry To'o To'o NA JR ILB
John Metchie III Alabama JR WR
Jordan Davis Georgia JR DT
Daxton Hill Michigan JR S
Justyn Ross Clemson JR WR
Christian Harris Alabama JR OLB
Brock Purdy Iowa State SR QB
Thayer Munford Ohio State RS SR OT
Andre Anthony LSU RS SR OLB/DE


 

2nd
Tyreke Smith Ohio State SR DE
Daniel Faalele Minnesota SR OT
Cory Trice Purdue RS JR CB
Noah Taylor Virginia SR OLB
Adam Anderson Georgia SR OLB
Cade Otton Washington RS JR TE
Ryan Liam Washington State RS SR OG
Ali Gaye LSU JR DE
Leo Chenal Wisconsin JR ILB
Isaiah Spiller Texas A&M JR RB
Edefuan Ulofoshio Washington RS JR ILB
Jahan Dotson Penn State SR WR
Mohamed Ibrahim Minnesota RS SR RB
Zion Johnson Boston College RS SR OG/OT
Keeanu Benton Wisconsin JR DT
Jack Sanborn Wisconsin SR ILB
Jalen Wydermyer Texas A&M JR TE
Jordan Tucker UNC RS SR OT
Derion Kendrick Clemson SR CB
Mike Rose Iowa State SR ILB
Tyree Johnson Texas A&M RS JR DE/OLB
Drake Jackson USC JR DE
Jake Ferguson Wisconsin RS SR TE
JT Daniels Georgia RS JR QB
Sean Rhyan UCLA JR OT
Andrew Booth Jr Clemson JR CB
Master Teague III Ohio State RS JR RB
Abraham Lucas Washington State RS SR OT
Brian Robinson Jr Alabama RS SR RB
Charlie Kolar Iowa State RS SR TE
Trent McDuffie Washington JR CB
Kendarin Ray Tulsa RS JR S


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

True it is good to look ahead but so much will change from now until that time it is hard to say.  This is what I have for first 2 rounds potentially in terms of next year prospects.  Evan Neal could play OG as well and is a physically dominating dude and could arguably be the #2 OL taken in this 2021 draft.  Kyle Hamilton is a freak show safety and could have fell to the Vikings if in this 2021 class.  

 

Harrison Smith, Brian O'Neill, Anthony Barr, Patrick Peterson, Xavier Woods, Mac Alexander etc are all free agents in 2022.

 

Even the though of Stingley Jr is not realistic unless one thinks the Vikings will totally suck next year.  Then again Stingley Jr did disappoint a little last year I thought and Kaiir Elam had a better season.  Those receivers on Ohio State are nuts though with Wilson and Olave, great hands and both are great route runners.  Thibodeau arguably is better than any 3/4 OLB or pure pass rusher in this current 2021 draft with continued development.  

 

1st
Spencer Rattler Oklahoma RS SOPH QB
Kayvon Thibodeau Oregon JR DE
Sam Howell UNC JR QB
Derek Stingley Jr LSU JR CB
Kyle Hamilton Notre Dame JR S
Evan Neal Alabama JR OT
Garrett Wilson Ohio State JR WR
Treylon Burks Arkansas JR WR
Kedon Slovis USC JR QB
Kaiir Elam Florida JR CB
Chris Olave Ohio State SR WR
George Karlaftis Purdue JR DE
Jalen Catalon Arkansas RS SOPH S
DeMarvin Leal Texas A&M JR DT/DE
Drake London USC JR WR
Colby Wooden Auburn RS SOPH DE
Cam Taylor-Britt Nebraska SR CB
Aidan Hutchinson Michigan SR DE
David Bell Purdue JR WR
Matt Corral Ole Miss RS JR QB
Bubba Bolden Miami FL RS SR S
Tiawan Mullen Indiana JR CB
DJ Dale Alabama JR DT
Henry To'o To'o NA JR ILB
John Metchie III Alabama JR WR
Jordan Davis Georgia JR DT
Daxton Hill Michigan JR S
Justyn Ross Clemson JR WR
Christian Harris Alabama JR OLB
Brock Purdy Iowa State SR QB
Thayer Munford Ohio State RS SR OT
Andre Anthony LSU RS SR OLB/DE


 

2nd
Tyreke Smith Ohio State SR DE
Daniel Faalele Minnesota SR OT
Cory Trice Purdue RS JR CB
Noah Taylor Virginia SR OLB
Adam Anderson Georgia SR OLB
Cade Otton Washington RS JR TE
Ryan Liam Washington State RS SR OG
Ali Gaye LSU JR DE
Leo Chenal Wisconsin JR ILB
Isaiah Spiller Texas A&M JR RB
Edefuan Ulofoshio Washington RS JR ILB
Jahan Dotson Penn State SR WR
Mohamed Ibrahim Minnesota RS SR RB
Zion Johnson Boston College RS SR OG/OT
Keeanu Benton Wisconsin JR DT
Jack Sanborn Wisconsin SR ILB
Jalen Wydermyer Texas A&M JR TE
Jordan Tucker UNC RS SR OT
Derion Kendrick Clemson SR CB
Mike Rose Iowa State SR ILB
Tyree Johnson Texas A&M RS JR DE/OLB
Drake Jackson USC JR DE
Jake Ferguson Wisconsin RS SR TE
JT Daniels Georgia RS JR QB
Sean Rhyan UCLA JR OT
Andrew Booth Jr Clemson JR CB
Master Teague III Ohio State RS JR RB
Abraham Lucas Washington State RS SR OT
Brian Robinson Jr Alabama RS SR RB
Charlie Kolar Iowa State RS SR TE
Trent McDuffie Washington JR CB
Kendarin Ray Tulsa RS JR S


 

 

I think it's likely that Smith , O'Neill, and probably one of the corners get extended with Smith's and O'Neill's coming before this season.  Peterson and Mack may just depend on the future of Jeff Gladney.

I think I could see 2 safeties drafted as Woods screams bridge player and also 2 OL and 2 DL ( one edge and one DT).  The future of Barr will be very interesting to follow throughout the season.  I think he chases big money elsewhere if he plays well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 12:50 PM, SemperFeist said:

He has everything the you want to see, physically speaking, for the “new standard” for an NFL QB. 

Jimbo Fisher saw Mond play 36 games and throw for 8,286 yards for the Aggies over the last three years. He said Mond, who also played 10 games before Fisher came to College Station, has steadily improved and thinks “the body of work, the competition he’s played against” merits a high draft choice.

“He does all of the things you need to judge a first-round player,” Fisher said, via Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com. “He helped change the culture — winning more games, taking a stand, showing he’s a guy who can fight through adversity, took criticism, eliminated any distractions and continued to get better.”

Fisher said he’s spoken to 10-15 teams about Mond and that they like his experience, but we’ll have to wait a couple of weeks to see where that puts him on the draft board.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/11/jimbo-fisher-kellen-mond-does-all-the-things-you-need-to-judge-a-first-round-player/

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Jimbo Fisher saw Mond play 36 games and throw for 8,286 yards for the Aggies over the last three years. He said Mond, who also played 10 games before Fisher came to College Station, has steadily improved and thinks “the body of work, the competition he’s played against” merits a high draft choice.

“He does all of the things you need to judge a first-round player,” Fisher said, via Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com. “He helped change the culture — winning more games, taking a stand, showing he’s a guy who can fight through adversity, took criticism, eliminated any distractions and continued to get better.”

Fisher said he’s spoken to 10-15 teams about Mond and that they like his experience, but we’ll have to wait a couple of weeks to see where that puts him on the draft board.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/11/jimbo-fisher-kellen-mond-does-all-the-things-you-need-to-judge-a-first-round-player/

Also had this article about Mond.

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31231666/texas-aggies-qb-kellen-mond-upside-intriguing-day-2-option

 

I absolutely feel he will be gone day 2 so is not really an option for the Vikings, but if there in the 3rd round they might be foolish not to take him.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

Isn’t this the 2021 draft thread? Maybe we should concentrate on this draft before delving into next year’s draft!? 
 

Btw, for those wondering, Stanley is a CB for LSU. He is projected to be taken 4th overall in a ‘way too early’ 2022 mock draft. 
 

Hopefully we will be drafting far later in the first round. so probably no chance to nab him at 32 ;). Should we draft a high-end CB next year? Yeah, maybe, probably, we’ll see. 

I brought him up since he's an interesting prospect and if Gladney is already done for the year (Not confirmed), there may be talk of drafting a corner early this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...