2021 Draft Talk

swede700

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I brought him up since he's an interesting prospect and if Gladney is already done for the year (Not confirmed), there may be talk of drafting a corner early this year.

He’s an awesome prospect. I would love to draft him in the 2022 draft. Unfortunately, I do not know our needs going into 2022, however it’s possible, even likely we’ll need a CB. Also, unfortunately, he may not be available where we pick. 

• Like 1

So, who are the sets of teammates we should target this year...last year it was Cam Dantzler and Brian Cole, 2017 it was Danny Isidora and Stacey Coley, 2013 it was Jeff Baca and Jeff Locke and in 2012 of course, it was Harrison Smith and Robert Blanton as well as Matt Kalil and Rhett Ellison.  

45 minutes ago, swede700 said:

So, who are the sets of teammates we should target this year...last year it was Cam Dantzler and Brian Cole, 2017 it was Danny Isidora and Stacey Coley, 2013 it was Jeff Baca and Jeff Locke and in 2012 of course, it was Harrison Smith and Robert Blanton as well as Matt Kalil and Rhett Ellison.  

Spencer Brown and Elerson Smith

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Vera-Tucker and Talanoa Hafunga

Seth Williams and KJ Britt

6 hours ago, swede700 said:

there was the year we took two receivers, from Arkansas maybe....

Greg Childs (?) and....?

14 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

So since Jeff Gladney is human garbage I assume we take a CB in round 1.

I do not disagree that Jeff Gladney is human garbage if the accusations are close to accurate.

Hopefully he can be reformed. Until he is reformed, I also think the team needs to have a contingency plan. I do not believe that contingency plan ought to involve taking a CB in the first round. I wouldn't rule that out, but the team shouldn't feel the need to do that.

With that said, I do not blame you for assuming that they will. Rick Spielman has a history of making rash decisions and he also has a history of taking CBs high in the draft. If he makes a rash decision again, I hope it isn't as bad as the Sam Bradford trade.

The Vikings draft players in the 1st round that they expect to start, or play significant minutes from day one. 

Even without Gladney, the team has Peterson, Dantzler, and Alexander/Hughes as their starters. I’d actually be a bit surprised if they took a CB in round one. I think another 3rd rounder, like Dantzler was, is a safer bet. 

• Like 2

CB with one of the 3rd's who Zim could redshirt might be a lock now with Gladney situation. I'm still hoping the Vikings draft a larger OG who won't get push back so often. 

If Trey Lance somehow falls to 14 the Vikings need to take him. Continuing to use so much of your cap on one player (Kirk) who constantly want top dollar is not sustainable. 

8 hours ago, dc_vikingfan said:

CB with one of the 3rd's who Zim could redshirt might be a lock now with Gladney situation. I'm still hoping the Vikings draft a larger OG who won't get push back so often. 

If Trey Lance somehow falls to 14 the Vikings need to take him. Continuing to use so much of your cap on one player (Kirk) who constantly want top dollar is not sustainable. 

You pay top dollar for good QB’s.. Let's see, 4265 yards passing with 35 TD’s and 13 picks in a run heavy offense with an O-line that ranked 28th in pass blocking?? 

What more do you want!!! 

I wouldn’t  take Trey Lance in the 3rd round let along 1st round. Now, Mac Jones, I would take. He has proven he can win on the big stag against really good teams.