2021 Draft Talk

swede700

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Not for Jones. 

I mean, everyone is saying he's going to San Francisco because he's the Kirk Cousins type that Shanahan wants. We have a Kirk Cousins. Sure, maybe Jr. is a lot cheaper than Sr., but if I'm trading away a first round pick, I want a higher ceiling. 

Nope, I’ll take the QB that broke all of Joe Burrows records.. 

59 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

Nope, I’ll take the QB that broke all of Joe Burrows records.. 

Cool. Ask Colt Brennan, Timmy Chang, Case Keenum, Ty Detmer, Kellen Moore, Luke Falk and Mason Rudolph how many Super Bowl rings they have. Heck, ask them how many Pro Bowls they've played in. 

Trading back in the first round ain't gonna make them Super Bowl bound.  It's either trade up or stand pat at this point for me.  While the OL are deeper this draft, the fall off from the 1st tier to the 2nd tier is too great to warrant trading down and risking losing a chance at the top tier guys.  

• Like 1

Well friends, I know you will all be terribly disappointed (or elated?), but this is the first draft in a loooong time where I’ll neither be contributing an aggregate board,  or controlling the thread/draft coverage.

teaching during a pandemic and wearing the HC/DC hat for the Vixen has left me zero time!

I wish you all a happy draft day/weekend!

• Like 3

1. Vikings will hold at 14 and pick the best OL available.  2. Rick packages a couple of mid round picks to trade up into the 2nd round to get a defensive end.  3. The Vikings will not draft a QB.  These are my bold predictions. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Trading back in the first round ain't gonna make them Super Bowl bound.  It's either trade up or stand pat at this point for me.  While the OL are deeper this draft, the fall off from the 1st tier to the 2nd tier is too great to warrant trading down and risking losing a chance at the top tier guys.  

It could if it lets us add an extra stud in the trenches

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

The top tier guys, IMO, will be gone before we pick (Slater/Sewell), so we are already talking 2nd tier.  It’s a step down to Vera-Tucker