2021 Draft Talk

swede700

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

The top tier guys, IMO, will be gone before we pick (Slater/Sewell), so we are already talking 2nd tier.  It’s a step down to Vera-Tucker

I agree - If we can trade down and still pick up AVT that would be ideal. With the extra draft capital we can add pieces elsewhere.

Getting pumped for the draft, I think Rick is going to pull out all the stops. His and Zims job depends on it.

5 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Cool. Ask Colt Brennan, Timmy Chang, Case Keenum, Ty Detmer, Kellen Moore, Luke Falk and Mason Rudolph how many Super Bowl rings they have. Heck, ask them how many Pro Bowls they've played in. 

Cool, ask Tom Brady, Payton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, and Big Ben how many rings they have. 

Even at 43, still winning SB’s as a pocket passer doing his job.... Accurate QB!! That’s all I need. That’s how you win.

if a QB can move a little ( love Wilson ), that’s great. But, you have to be accurate when throwing the ball because that’s your job. Let the running up to the RB’s..

49 minutes ago, Robbroy45 said:

What I want: Trade down to the 19-22 range, pick up Paye/Phillips, take Radunz in the 2nd

What I expect: Stick at 14, AVT

I would like this as well. Pick up that 2nd rounder and go after a O-line there. I like Leatherwood as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Yes. I actually would. I’m a bigger fan of Lance and Fields I think than most. Do I think it’s the right thing or the Vikings would do it? Probably not. I still think Spielman and Zimmer have “win this year” in their head and desperation is setting in. One reason I hate when GMs are so tied heavily into a coach.

I do not understand the Lance love. 360 drop backs as a passer is such a small sample size. Throw in weak competition. I just don't get it.

1 hour ago, Robbroy45 said:

What I want: Trade down to the 19-22 range, pick up Paye/Phillips, take Radunz in the 2nd

What I expect: Stick at 14, AVT

I'm not sold on Paye or Phillips.  I think it would be better to move up into the 2nd for an edge rusher.  I would rather stay at 14 at hopefully have a choice between Darrisaw and AVT.

6 minutes ago, Viking Penguin said:

If we don't trade down and grab one of the top two offense tackles in this draft it'll be an epic Mistake by the management of this team. They should be fired immediately, actually the ownership should ensure this happens. All stops should be pulled to get a trade inside the top 10

A mistake as in my opinion we need two new starting O-lineman not just one so if you do such a trade up to give up our next assets enjoy watching Dakota Dozier being our starting left guard again at the start of the season.

Bottom line for me: I want one of the top 2 OT in the draft. Slater is the guy I want. 

Now, if both guys are gone and we don’t trade up for either, I’m all for moving back and adding a 2nd round pick.

Then, instead of sitting there in the 3rd round waiting, I want for this to be the year we actually trade up in the later rounds because we need to hit players early.

I would trade a 3rd, 4th and 5th to move up into round 2 for our 2nd pick in round 2.

Then, to spice it up a little more, I would make another trade up into the 2nd round by trade a 3rd, 2 4th’s and a 6th.

After all this:

1st round pick

3 2nd round picks

4th round pick

5th round pick.

Still have 6 total picks, but have a great chance of finding at least 3 starts. 

This is what I want to see happen. It’s time to start cashing in on all these extra picks instead of try to add picks that never work out in the later rounds.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

Bottom line for me: I want one of the top 2 OT in the draft. Slater is the guy I want. 

Now, if both guys are gone and we don’t trade up for either, I’m all for moving back and adding a 2nd round pick.

Then, instead of sitting there in the 3rd round waiting, I want for this to be the year we actually trade up in the later rounds because we need to hit players early.

I would trade a 3rd, 4th and 5th to move up into round 2 for our 2nd pick in round 2.

Then, to spice it up a little more, I would make another trade up into the 2nd round by trade a 3rd, 2 4th’s and a 6th.

After all this:

1st round pick

3 2nd round picks

4th round pick

5th round pick.

Still have 6 total picks, but have a great chance of finding at least 3 starts. 

This is what I want to see happen. It’s time to start cashing in on all these extra picks instead of try to add picks that never work out in the later rounds.

Or this.

We need 2 seconds or 1 of the top 2 OTs.

I'd do anything for Sewell and then grab another tackle early 3rd trade up

10 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

Cool, ask Tom Brady, Payton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, and Big Ben how many rings they have. 

Even at 43, still winning SB’s as a pocket passer doing his job.... Accurate QB!! That’s all I need. That’s how you win.

if a QB can move a little ( love Wilson ), that’s great. But, you have to be accurate when throwing the ball because that’s your job. Let the running up to the RB’s..

Maybe say that instead of talking about breaking Burrow's records.