2021 Draft Talk

swede700

31 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What your GB trade?

Their 1st and two 4th rounders. Basically the same deal they made on the Savage pick two years ago for a similar jump. 

It’s more or less my prediction that Green Bay is going to move out of their pick at 29. Gutekunst seems to like moving around in round one. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Their 1st and two 4th rounders. Basically the same deal they made on the Savage pick two years ago for a similar jump. 

It’s more or less my prediction that Green Bay is going to move out of their pick at 29. Gutekunst seems to like moving around in round one. 

That's probably the likely package the Packers would be willing to move up.  They've traded up in the first round three of their four FRPs they've had since Brian Gutekunst.  They've only once used their 3rd round pick to move up, so 4th round pick is his preferred trade ammo.  The problem is who are they going to make a deal to move up with?  The Packers have utilized the fact that Seattle lacks draft picks to leverage a trade up.  They don't pick until 53, so if the Packers don't move up in the first round I'd be expecting a trade up with Seattle.  The Colts could be a possible candidate.

19 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I do not understand the Lance love. 360 drop backs as a passer is such a small sample size. Throw in weak competition. I just don't get it.

His upside is tremendous, and he already has a pretty good ability to read defenses and go through his progressions, something that will greatly benefit him at the pro level.  He isn't ready to start Day 1 (despite what PFF_Sam thinks...got into a twitter talk with him over that), but the skills are there. 

While it is a smaller size of snaps, Joe Flacco was drafted in the 1st rd with less impressive stats against similar competition.  

Just did a quick Mock on TDN and Im very pleased with the results.  

*Notes, I only initiated the first 2 trades after that the CPU offered all the others

1(14) - QB - Justin Fields - Ohio St

Too much talent to not take.  Although I like Cousins and feel he could use more protection(I addressed that later) but as the roster currently stands Cousins will be able to ask for a huge ransom & I'd personally like to avoid that situation & I feel Fields has Franchise potential.

*TRADE* Broncos send picks 40, 152, 237 & 253 for 90, 148, 168 & a 2nd round pick in '22

2(40) - OT - Samuel Cosmi - Texas

3 Offensive Tackles were taken before pick 14 & 5 other OL were taken up to pick 39 so I felt to secure a good OL needed to trade up with the run happening and not wanting to miss out.

*TRADE* Steelers send picks 55 & 87 for 78, 125, 199, 253 & a 2022 4th rounder.

2(55) - OG - Wyatt Davis - Ohio St.

Ive liked Davis for a long time now.  With him dropping almost to the late 2nd I didn't want to risk missing out on a player I feel is an instant Plug & Play and he'll also add a level of comfort for when Fields eventually takes over.  This selection also gives us the option to find the best starting 5.  Whether that looks like Cleveland / Cosmi / Bradbury / Davis / O'Neil or SC / WD / GB / EC / BO.  Or something completely different & options are a good thing

*TRADE* Browns send picks 91 & 110 for 87 & 134

*TRADE* Patriots send picks 96, 122 & 242 for 91 & 152

3(96) - EDGE - Dayo Odeyingbo - Vanderbilt

*TRADE* Titans send pick 100 for 110 & 237

3(100) - DT - Jaylen Twyman - Pittsburgh

*TRADE* Saints send pick 105 for 119 & 242

*TRADE* Cowboys send picks 115, 138 & 192 for 105

4(115) - CB - Shaun Wade - Ohio St

4(122) - LB - Dylan Moses - Alabama

4(138) - OT - Walker Little - Stanford

5(157) - WR - Anthony Schwartz - Auburn

6(192) - S - Caden Sterns - Texas

I really wanted to address WR earlier than the 5th but Schwartz there is just good value and I was considering him for every pick in the 4th round except there was less depth at those 3 positions. 

Now yes I know a lot of trades & my draft took a turn as soon as Fields was still on the board at 14 & the only trade was NE wanted 14 for 15 & some other late pick, that wasn't enough compensation to miss out on Fields & then I watched them select Mac Jones so IMO it was the right call.  I think I addressed all the needs Ive seen people complain about so now just curious how others would feel if this very unrealistic scenario happened?

6 minutes ago, Boda said:

*TRADE* Broncos send picks 40, 152, 237 & 253 for 90, 148, 168 & a 2nd round pick in '22

That values the Vikings' SRP as ~56th/57th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.  Think you're going to have to kick that up to a FRP in 2022 if you're wanting to move up from the late 3rd into the early 2nd.  Don't think there's any recent history that suggests that's a possible trade.  Denver would be moving down a TON for a mid-to-late SRP a year from now.

7 minutes ago, Boda said:

*TRADE* Steelers send picks 55 & 87 for 78, 125, 199, 253 & a 2022 4th rounder.

That values the future pick as worth roughly the 69th pick in the draft.  Factor in that you're not able to use that pick until next year, and that 4th round pick needs to be a 3rd round pick at a minimum.  Probably a SRP.  Probably need to make this a simpler trade and drop the 87th pick as part of the trade.  Make it 55 for 78, 125, and a '22 3rd round pick.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

His upside is tremendous, and he already has a pretty good ability to read defenses and go through his progressions, something that will greatly benefit him at the pro level.  He isn't ready to start Day 1 (despite what PFF_Sam thinks...got into a twitter talk with him over that), but the skills are there. 

While it is a smaller size of snaps, Joe Flacco was drafted in the 1st rd with less impressive stats against similar competition.  

Yeah Steve Palazzolo said Lance was getting comps to Josh Allen and in Allen's college film they couldn't sack him. Lance constantly got swung down to the ground.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

With this recent news about Rodgers, I’d almost say that being aggressive and going to get a QB is even more important. 

Go get a young star, and rule the North!

Exactly how I feel. I wasn't on team QB mostly because I never believed any would fall close enough. Now I have let myself get kind of excited about it. I'm all aboard team Fields and if not Fields Lance.

Totally off Jones though

Kind of sucks for this draft class, all anyone will talk about today is the Aaron Rodgers talk and that is the #1 storyline all night long.  Hopefully something happens tonight in terms of action so it can just move on, it is not luck that this news came out on this day exactly, something is up.  

49ers are a big time player here, Packers trade for that #3 pick overall, get another QB and get probably multiple 1st round picks for the next however many years.  Hell maybe even get Jimmy G who knows.  

I normally do a Vikings 7 round mock, but this year im just going to make my predictions on the draft thread. 

For tonight, im predicting the Vikings will either stay put at 14 OR do a small trade back inside the top 20.

I think the pick WILL be Alijah Vera-Tucker, UNLESS one of the top 3 tackles is available that could change. IF they were to go DE, i think it would be Kwitty Paye. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Kind of sucks for this draft class, all anyone will talk about today is the Aaron Rodgers talk and that is the #1 storyline all night long.  Hopefully something happens tonight in terms of action so it can just move on, it is not luck that this news came out on this day exactly, something is up.  

49ers are a big time player here, Packers trade for that #3 pick overall, get another QB and get probably multiple 1st round picks for the next however many years.  Hell maybe even get Jimmy G who knows.  

Won't get first rounders from 2022 or 2023 the 49ers already gave those up to move up to three.

6 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

Won't get first rounders from 2022 or 2023 the 49ers already gave those up to move up to three.

Oh yeah, maybe that 3rd overall pick and Jimmy G along with a few other picks.  Who knows, will see, seems like something is going down with him tonight.