2021 Draft Talk

swede700

16 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Question . . . How far up can the Vikes go if packaging 78, #90, &#134?

Would it be enough to secure Moehrig?

Would next years 2nd and a 3rd work?

78, 90 & 134 on the TVC is worth 379.  Pick 52 is valued at 380.   So figuring you end up giving more value when trading up Id expect pick 54 or 55. I dont think thats high enough for Moehrig. I do however believe attaching next years 2nd should be able to get us somewhere in one of those  33-40 slots & be able to get him

40 minutes ago, Boda said:

78, 90 & 134 on the TVC is worth 379.  Pick 52 is valued at 380.   So figuring you end up giving more value when trading up Id expect pick 54 or 55. I dont think thats high enough for Moehrig. I do however believe attaching next years 2nd should be able to get us somewhere in one of those  33-40 slots & be able to get him

Why put us in a position to not have a second rounder again wasn't that a big complaint entering this draft?

Also wouldn't do it for the position considered the least important to Zimmer's defense not that you suggested that part.

Edited by solidvikingfan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

Why put us in a position to not have a second rounder again wasn't that a big complaint entering this draft?

Also wouldn't do it for the position considered the least important to Zimmer's defense not that you suggested that part.

I wouldn't give up next years 2nd either.  Just saying thats what it most likely will cost.  I personally would never trade a 1st or 2nd round pick unless its in a move for a QB. 

How great would it be if we still had our own 2nd rounder

22 minutes ago, Boda said:

I wouldn't give up next years 2nd either.  Just saying thats what it most likely will cost.  I personally would never trade a 1st or 2nd round pick unless its in a move for a QB. 

How great would it be if we still had our own 2nd rounder

It would be awesome. However, I don't fault Spielman and Zimmer for taking that chance. Hunter is our most dynamic defensive player. If we were going to have any chance last year, we needed to make a bold move to try to replace his production. I credit them for getting the 3rd rounder from Baltimore in return. Sometimes gambles don't pay off, but you can always gather up your chips and leave the table before you bust.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It would be awesome. However, I don't fault Spielman and Zimmer for taking that chance. Hunter is our most dynamic defensive player. If we were going to have any chance last year, we needed to make a bold move to try to replace his production. I credit them for getting the 3rd rounder from Baltimore in return. Sometimes gambles don't pay off, but you can always gather up your chips and leave the table before you bust.

This. This, so many times. 

• Like 1

I think the Yannick fiasco was a difficult prediction.  They didn't know Hunter wasn't going to play at all last year.    They knew they weren't getting Pierce.  The didn't know they'd lose Barr and Kendricks.  But when 3 of the dominos fell, they salvaged what they could.    Now, they're 2 picks better off and only 2 slots from the 2nd Rd.    Would I rather have four 3rd round players, or a 2nd and one or two 3rds?    

Tough call, but this year, I think four 3rds could net a decent OG, DT, WR and a QB or OLB.   I think the shopping spree on S will cause panic buying in the 2nd.    Truly, its a wide open day . . . Get two bigs, a good DB and ?     If Trask or Mond is sitting there, ya almost have to pull the trigger, right?

• Like 3

QB: Cousins
RB: Cook
FB: Ham
WR: Jefferson
WR: Thielen
TE: Smith Jr. 
LT: Darrisaw
LG: Cole/Dozier/Udoh
OC: Bradbury 
RG: Cleveland
RT: O’Neill

LE: Hunter
DT: Tomlinson
NT: Pierce
RE: Weatherly
LB: Kendricks
LB: Barr
CB: Peterson
CB: Dantzler
NB: Alexander
SS: Smith
FS: Woods

Looking at the roster, the guard spot opposite Cleveland is really the only spot that doesn’t have a set starter for 2021. 

• Like 2

The only problem I have with the Ngakoue trade is, in the end, they spoke to him not being a fit for what they wanted to do.... seems like something they should have been able to figure out from film like they do with draft prospects.

I've got no problem taking that kind of swing on a player though.

• Like 1