Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

there's a setting to make them visible...?

In account settings, roll over your username at the top-right corner of the page (I'm honestly struggling to tell if you're pulling my leg, but I think you're actually being genuine here so I'm answering genuinely).

cQn6Zc.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Key free agents:
Anthony Harris, Dalvin Cook, Eric Wilson, Ifeadi Odenigbo, Holton Hill, Mike Boone, Rashod Hill etc.

 

 

Safety makes a lot of sense assuming they cannot keep Harris or pay him.  Even with all the safeties brought in not sure one is the long term answer, and I do think Hand will be tried at safety as well.  

Jevon Holland Oregon JR - could be in that late 1st round range potentially, awesome ball skills and is a big time playmaker
Talanoa Hufanga USC JR - great tackler with big time toughness, needs to improve in pass coverage though
Caden Sterns Texas JR - another safety with big time potential, can tackle in space and is athletic in coverage could be a great get
Andre Cisco Syracuse JR - could be higher on the list with a good season, huge potential and has been go for awhile, could fit nicely
Hamsah Nasirildeen Florida State - might be a linebacker potentially but is a huge long kid who can tackle in space, interesting talent for sure
Paris Ford Pitt RS JR - good hitter and good athlete, nice potential in that early 2nd round range
Brady Breeze Oregon RS - played amazing at the end of last season, has big time range as a safety and can hit, all around player in that 2nd round range
Greg Eisworth Iowa State RS - has potential to be a lot higher, great toughness and tackling ability but little limited athletically.

 

 

DT makes sense of course unless some guy this year on the roster stands out a lot.

Marvin Wilson Florida State - out of the Vikings range but easily could be the best DT in the draft
Jaylen Twyman Pitt RS JR - could be a great fit, pass rushing DT but again might be out of their range
Jordon Scott Oregon - not really needed another run stopper since we have Pierce
Mustafa Johnson Colorado - could be a good fit in the late 1st or 2nd round range, has pass rush potential and quickness
Darius Stills West Virginia - another quick pass rushing DT with good athletic ability
Jordan Davis Georgia JR - needs to improve a lot but has a ton of upside and size
Jay Tufele USC JR - has good ability and decent 2nd round pick maybe.

 

 

LB could also be a need if they let Wilson, Smith and Gedeon walk.  

Micah Parsons Penn State JR - have not chance to get him but is a superstar player
Joseph Ossai Texas JR - another one doubt they have a chance to get, elite athlete with big time range and upside
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Notre Dame - very good athlete, underrated and can really run
Charles Snowden Virginia - needs to step up his play but is massive at linebacker, super long and versatile but not sure he fits the scheme
KJ Britt Auburn - hit an run linebacker with big time athletic ability could be a good get 2nd round or later
Monty Rice Georgia - another athletic linebacker with range, more of a middle LB but could play outside with his speed
Noah Taylor Virginia JR - love his size and athletic ability, super long and lean, might be better in a 3/4 but is one to watch
Antjuan Simmons Michigan State - another athletic linebacker who could really run and fit a need, needs to get a little bigger though.

 

 

 

RB could be a need but honestly I hope they pay him but only if he is fully healthy this up coming season all the way.  Still there are tons of elite level options out there that fit what he does.

Travis Etienne Clemson - could be a great replacement for that big play ability at the RB spot and he stays healthy and has great speed and quickness.
Najee Harris Alabama - is a bigger back but has rare athletic ability and change of direction for his size, good catching the football as well
Chuba Hubbard Ok State RS JR - can really glide as a runner, super speed and could fit perfectly in this run system.  Big time playmaker that can really get yards
Kylin Hill Miss State - surprised he did not come out this year, one of the best backs in the nation no doubt 
Rakeem Boyd Arkansas - really like his big play ability, good open field speed and versatility, good mid round prospect.
Pooka Williams Jr Kansas JR - great quickness and versatility as a back, can really make you miss and change directions side to side, should be in the late 2nd or 3rd round range if not later
Journey Brown Penn State RS JR - big time potential and could be a good value later on in the draft if he comes out early.  

 

 

 

OG/C is another need that might not be solved by 2021, there are some good guards in that late 1st round range to potentially look at.

 

Josh Myers Ohio State RS JR C - arguably the best IOL in the 2021 draft, fine center and only need though if Bradbury struggles
Trey Smith Tennessee - hopefully he can stay healthy but has big time power and strength, however is probably not a scheme fit for Minnesota
Wyatt Davis Ohio State RS JR - would be great to get him, versatile guard who had a great RS SOPH season last year and is an elite level talent in that late 1st round range
Alex Leatherwood Alabama - would not mind him at OT honestly but he could be a beast at OG as well.  Big time talent but because of his versatility could go higher in the 1st round
Alaric Jackson Iowa RS - another tackle with versatility, struggles at times in pass pro but I think he could be a beast at guard, is in the late 1st to early 2nd round range
Creed Humphrey Oklahoma RS JR C - could be a fit in the scheme but only if Bradbury is horrible so not very likely here but is a good IOL.
Deonte Brown Alabama RS - I like him a lot as a big strong guard who can move people but is probably not a scheme fit
Tommy Kraemer Notre Dame RS - could be a fine pickup, has versatility to play tackle as well I think, good toughness and power but might lack ideal athletic ability for a zone blocking scheme

 

 

WR potentially might be a need depending on how some young guys develop or not.

Tamorrion Terry Florida State RS JR - Most likely is gone but has super speed and size I think, competitive kid as well
Ja'Marr Chase LSU JR - probably out of the range of where the Vikings will be selecting
Rondale Moore Purdue JR - probably gone but has great quickness obviously but will see if he lost any of that after the injury
Jaylen Waddle Alabama JR - has that amazing return ability and big time speed, will see if he can develop more as a receiver and he probably can based on his progress last year
Rashod Bateman Minnesota JR - got to love his strength and route running ability, big time playmaker and could be around when the Vikings select
Devonta Smith Alabama - another promising receiver with big time ability and really had a great SOPH year, if he continues that will for sure be a 1st round pick
Justyn Ross Clemson JR - disappointed a little late last year but has a lot of ability and upside he showed as a FR.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Klomp said:

Sorry in advance, but this may be my Josh Allen fandom on steroids by the time he's drafted as much as I'll try to stay objective

You won't be on your own here banging the drum for Lance.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

What happens if neither the NFL or NCAA have a season? No draft? I assume all the college players would get another year of eligibility and we would just pretend 2020 never happened.

NCAA, yes, likely they'd all get another year of eligibility, except for those that could choose to enter the draft...as far as the NFL...I know there would be a battle between whether the players will get paid if they don't play and that could determine whether contracts get tolled or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

What happens if neither the NFL or NCAA have a season? No draft? I assume all the college players would get another year of eligibility and we would just pretend 2020 never happened.

I think there would still be an NFL draft if the NCAA season isn't played. The NFL teams wouldn't have recent games to scout. There would be players that would become draft eligible by virtue of being three years removed from high school that would want to decalre for the draft regardless of NCAA eligibility implications of the lost season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

What happens if neither the NFL or NCAA have a season? No draft? I assume all the college players would get another year of eligibility and we would just pretend 2020 never happened.

The NCAA might grant them another year of eligibility, but, as we've seen with Wisconsin and a few other schools, it's going to be up to the universities to decide if they are going to extend it or not - Wisconsin denied their spring sport seniors an extra year of eligibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RpMc said:

The NCAA might grant them another year of eligibility, but, as we've seen with Wisconsin and a few other schools, it's going to be up to the universities to decide if they are going to extend it or not - Wisconsin denied their spring sport seniors an extra year of eligibility.

Well it is Wisconsin, after all.  ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

OG/C is another need that might not be solved by 2021, there are some good guards in that late 1st round range to potentially look at.

 

Josh Myers Ohio State RS JR C - arguably the best IOL in the 2021 draft, fine center and only need though if Bradbury struggles
Trey Smith Tennessee - hopefully he can stay healthy but has big time power and strength, however is probably not a scheme fit for Minnesota
Wyatt Davis Ohio State RS JR - would be great to get him, versatile guard who had a great RS SOPH season last year and is an elite level talent in that late 1st round range
Alex Leatherwood Alabama - would not mind him at OT honestly but he could be a beast at OG as well.  Big time talent but because of his versatility could go higher in the 1st round
Alaric Jackson Iowa RS - another tackle with versatility, struggles at times in pass pro but I think he could be a beast at guard, is in the late 1st to early 2nd round range
Creed Humphrey Oklahoma RS JR C - could be a fit in the scheme but only if Bradbury is horrible so not very likely here but is a good IOL.
Deonte Brown Alabama RS - I like him a lot as a big strong guard who can move people but is probably not a scheme fit
Tommy Kraemer Notre Dame RS - could be a fine pickup, has versatility to play tackle as well I think, good toughness and power but might lack ideal athletic ability for a zone blocking scheme.

Damn it looks like another weak guard class for next year. Hopefully Udoh or somebody works out well for us at LG or it’s going to be a big problem in the coming years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

Damn it looks like another weak guard class for next year. Hopefully Udoh or somebody works out well for us at LG or it’s going to be a big problem in the coming years. 

I disagree, Wyatt Davis arguably could have been picked over any OG in this past years draft.  And if you consider Leatherwood and Alaric Jackson a OG, which I do, especially Alaric Jackson those two could have been drafted over the OGs this past season, especially with their versatility.  Same with Trey Smith if his health is stable which is a little bit of a question.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I disagree, Wyatt Davis arguably could have been picked over any OG in this past years draft.  And if you consider Leatherwood and Alaric Jackson a OG, which I do, especially Alaric Jackson those two could have been drafted over the OGs this past season, especially with their versatility.  Same with Trey Smith if his health is stable which is a little bit of a question.  

One player I like who I think would fit our zone scheme is Alijah Vera-Tucker from USC. Unlike those other guys you mentioned, he plays LG. I’m not a fan of drafting players and changing their position on the line. Even though it worked out well with Brian O’Neill, it’s very rare for players to adjust successfully. Some players compared changing sides on a line to writing an essay with your other hand. Basically have to start the muscle memory from scratch, and that seems a lot harder to do than just stepping in to a position that you’re already good/great at. According to PFF Alijah Vera-Tucker allowed a 1% pressure rate with only 6 pressures, no sacks and no QB hits. Might have to get him in the first round, which I wouldn’t mind for a guy that doesn’t allow sacks. 

Edited by Purplepride323
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

One player I like who I think would fit our zone scheme is Alijah Vera-Tucker from USC. Unlike those other guys you mentioned, he plays LG. I’m not a fan of drafting players and changing their position on the line. Even though it worked out well with Brian O’Neill, it’s very rare for players to adjust successfully. Some players compared changing sides on a line to writing an essay with your other hand. Basically have to start the muscle memory from scratch, and that seems a lot harder to do than just stepping in to a position that you’re already good/great at. According to PFF Alijah Vera-Tucker allowed a 1% pressure rate with only 6 pressures, no sacks and no QB hits. Might have to get him in the first round, which I wouldn’t mind for a guy that doesn’t allow sacks. 

Rare?  Most of the best OG in the NFL played OT in college.  Zach Martin, Marshal Yanda, Brandon Scherff then you had Logan Mankins and Kelechi Osemele among others who have done it with good success.

Oddly enough a lot of OL in college did not allow a sack or allowed very few, that does not mean they are always a great offensive lineman.  I will have to watch Vera-Tucker, honestly he never stood out to me when I watched USC, it was all about Austin Jackson .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Rare?  Most of the best OG in the NFL played OT in college.  Zach Martin, Marshal Yanda, Brandon Scherff then you had Logan Mankins and Kelechi Osemele among others who have done it with good success.

Oddly enough a lot of OL in college did not allow a sack or allowed very few, that does not mean they are always a great offensive lineman.  I will have to watch Vera-Tucker, honestly he never stood out to me when I watched USC, it was all about Austin Jackson .

Yeah those are the rare cases in the past 10-15 years, of great athletes who were able to pull it off. It’s much harder than people think. That’s all I’m saying. 
 

 

He easily outplayed Austin Jackson in this game. Good hands, strong anchor and gets to the second level pretty fast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

Yeah those are the rare cases in the past 10-15 years, of great athletes who were able to pull it off. It’s much harder than people think. That’s all I’m saying. 
 

 

He easily outplayed Austin Jackson in this game. Good hands, strong anchor and gets to the second level pretty fast. 

Hard to get a feel for him in this game honestly, that Iowa DL has zero DTs who will make the NFL I feel.  When Austin Jackson, who did struggle in big moments in that game got taken by AJ Epenesa a guy who could be a 10 sack dude in the NFL and a 10+ year starter for the Bills once he gets his feet wet.   Physically Vera-Tucker is a little round that is for sure, seems to have short arms but no doubt will need to pay more attention to him this season if there is one.

 

 

Rodger Saffold, Forrest Lamp, DJ Fluker, Aaron Stinnie, Caleb Benenoch, James Carpenter are some others who were OTs in college and transition to OG in the NFL, and these guys from this past years draft expect to make the transition from OT in college to OG as well Robert Hunt, Jack Driscoll, Jon Runyan, Hakeem Adeniji, Tremayne Anchrum etc.  Not to mention all the centers who end up as a guard, like Elgton Jenkins.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...