1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Lol. This offense is well above average. Your bias just won’t allow you to admit it. 

What bias? That I think Cousins sucks? Yeah I do. I make no bones about that.

6/13 on 3rd down .-2 in the turnover ratio. 14/27 point Carolina Scored (51%) came from turnovers from the offense. Carolina is giving up 6.7 Yards/Attempt. Cousins had 6.8.

I can keep going. The offense isn't well above average. It is the epitome of average. With hyper efficiency, in the redzone, that isn't sustainable.

I'll admit I'm bias against Kirk. But the stats speak for themselves, throughout his career. Now it's your turn. Do us all a favor and admit that your ignorant to the stats. It's time to get educated.

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

What did you think of his game today?

You can see some of my thoughts above.

Streaky, Inconsistent, average. Whatever adjective you prefer.

8th with time to throw 7th on the season. He continues to hold the ball topo long with resulted in 2 sacks, a fumble, and TD

Edited by twslhs20
6 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

We won't if we make the playoffs. Spielman wouldn't admit that big of a mistake. Hell, he was mum when the Bradford trade didn't work out.

I'd like a mid round QB like the Cincinnati QB but even that's a long shot. Spielman just doesnt do that.

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

1 Jets: Trevor Lawrence
2 Jaguars: Justin Fields
6 Carolina: Mac Jones 
8 Washington:  Trey Lance
13 Denver:  Kyle Trask
14 Minnesota: 

All the good QBs will be gone most likely by the Vikings pick anyway, especially if they keep winning and get a lower pick.  Sure Zach Wilson could still be around maybe but I would rather wait for on a QB if that is the best option in the 1st round and Wyatt Davis, Alex Leatherwood, Gregory Rousseau or Jackson Carman etc are just sitting there.  Yeah forget Zach Wilson in that situation, would love him in the 2nd but probably would not be around.  

Kyle Trask is not a first-round QB...and neither is Mac Jones.  Neither has the arm strength or mobility that teams covet in the first round.  There will likely be 4 QBs that go in the first round, but that's it.  

Edited by swede700

I don't think that Cousins is much above average. Average is plenty good to not force a pick at QB. If a QB the team thinks is a franchise QB falls to them they have to make that selection. Otherwise, building the trenches would be a great way to use the first pick.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

What bias? That I think Cousins sucks? Yeah I do. I make no bones about that.

6/13 on 3rd down .-2 in the turnover ratio. 14/27 point Carolina Scored (51%) came from turnovers from the offense. Carolina is giving up 6.7 Yards/Attempt. Cousins had 6.8.

I can keep going. The offense isn't well above average. It is the epitome of average. With hyper efficiency, in the redzone, that isn't sustainable.

I'll admit I'm bias against Kirk. But the stats speak for themselves, throughout his career. Now it's your turn. Do us all a favor and admit that your ignorant to the stats. It's time to get educated.

The Vikings are the 7th ranked offense right now in total yards according to ESPN. So they move the ball well above average. This is what you were called out on. Don't try to spin this argument somewhere else. 

If this is more of an argument about Cousins that's just your opinion. Cousins is currently 8th in QBR so anyone can objectively say that he's been playing well and has been a good QB despite a rocky start to the season.

33 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Is this draft talk, or Cousin's talk?

DT, DT, DT (or OT).....please.

So yeah, hopefully a DT will be available at good draft value in the early rounds. We need interior pass-rush badly. I think we still need help at DE though -- even with Hunter back. So what I'm saying is this team needs pass-rushers plural. Jaylen Twyman will hopefully declare and have a great combine. On the O-line I think Reiff has actually been really good this season. Obviously O'Neil is good.

17 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

You can see some of my thoughts above.

Streaky, Inconsistent, average. Whatever adjective you prefer.

8th with time to throw 7th on the season. He continues to hold the ball topo long with resulted in 2 sacks, a fumble, and TD

I think that game was well above average especially considering he completed 14 passes to Johnson and Beebe.

I'd have to rewatch it but didn't he get hit pretty quick on his fumble?  He needs to secure the ball better but I didn't think that one was a case of him holding it too long.  I could be wrong though

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

I could be wrong though

You’re not

Cousins was first sacked in less than 3 seconds on his fumble, while the second sack was due to Dozier stepping on Cousins foot which caused him to go down on his drop back. But when people don’t watch the game, that type of context gets missed. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 4
50 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

You’re not

Cousins was first sacked in less than 3 seconds on his fumble, while the second sack was due to Dozier stepping on Cousins foot which caused him to go down on his drop back. But when people don’t watch the game, that type of context gets missed. 

I forgot that he got stepped on. 

The last couple drives it seemed like he was getting the ball out just in time before the pressure got to him