2021 Draft Talk

swede700

13 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Interesting. Something must be off at the tankathon site if the above is what the NFL is saying the order is. I would like to think the NFL knows their own system but there is a disconnect on one end, likely tankathon.

Bears and Vikings have the same SOS at .500 (per tankathon) and the next tie-breaker is H2H, which for draft purposes, I assume the Bears would win since they lost to us

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe one uses ALL games for their SOS record and the other only uses the games that they've already played.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe one uses ALL games for their SOS record and the other only uses the games that they've already played.

That's the first thing I thought of when @VikeManDan said that.  I think the NFL version has to take into account the games left to play as part of the SOS.  

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 3:08 PM, swede700 said:

For all the veterans like me and the ancients, did you get the same creepy vision of Jim McMahon that I did when I first saw this picture?

I saw Jim McMahon in your post (w/o reading it in its entirety), and didn’t realize this was a picture of Zach Wilson. Creepy is right! Wow. 

34 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I admittedly do not watch much college football. Is there a current NFL comparison for both Wilson and Fields, or Lance for that matter? 

Wilson reminds me of Johnny Manziel, just with a Mormon personality. 

Fields reminds me of DeShaun Watson. 

Lance is just too raw for a good comp. 

Edited by SemperFeist

I think Lance-Prescott comparison might be close. Trey Lance has hardly played though.

Fields I think might be similar to a young Cam Newton, but skinnier.

I don't know about Wilson. Maybe a good version of Trubisky?

Trevor Lawrence is interesting. The way he runs the ball is almost like a fullback but his passes when he sets his feet are beautiful.

34 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't genuinely  buy  into teams tanking but the Jets covering 3 WRs 1 on 1 with no safety help and 13 seconds left is a strong argument suggesting that the coaches didn't want to win that one

Yeah I'm calling bs on that one. Only an idiot would do that.

36 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't genuinely  buy  into teams tanking but the Jets covering 3 WRs 1 on 1 with no safety help and 13 seconds left is a strong argument suggesting that the coaches didn't want to win that one

I think they are keeping Gase because he gives them the best chance to lose

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Yeah I'm calling bs on that one. Only an idiot would do that.

It’s a Gregg Williams call... so it’s just as likely to be idiotic as it is attempting to tank. 

Cover Zero with a QB spy against Derek Carr when only a touchdown can beat you...

Edited by RpMc