2021 Draft Talk

swede700

3 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

If I knew a guys cap was Andy Dalton, I wouldn't give up a second round pick for him. I would have to think there was a possibility that he could be better than Andy Dalton. If not, I would just sign an Andy Dalton, without using a draft pick. Saves the pick and also don't have to hope the guy develops to his full cap.

I think Trask is better than a Andy Dalton type, but the only thing making me pause is he didn't put his team on his back.    Guys like Big Ben and Russell Wilson play biggest in the biggest moments.   Whereas Matt Stafford types, just seem to have bad luck in the biggest games.  Trask didn't have his thoroughbreds, but he didn't help the kids in the limelight.   

Can't figure if Trask is Big Ben or more like Dan Marino, a numbers producer based on his supporting cast?   

1 hour ago, ArcticNorseman said:

I think Trask is better than a Andy Dalton type, but the only thing making me pause is he didn't put his team on his back.    Guys like Big Ben and Russell Wilson play biggest in the biggest moments.   Whereas Matt Stafford types, just seem to have bad luck in the biggest games.  Trask didn't have his thoroughbreds, but he didn't help the kids in the limelight.   

Can't figure if Trask is Big Ben or more like Dan Marino, a numbers producer based on his supporting cast?   

So, you didn’t watch the game? Really 1 pick. 2nd one went right thru the WR’s hands and the other pick was a tipped ball.

And as for “ the kids in the limelight “ all they did is drop passes all night. 

I like the fact that he showed that he is a team player and not all about him self like 4 WR’s I know. What’s funny, maybe 1 ( Pittman) might be taken in the 2nd round. The rest will be late flyers. And none of them would be getting drafted if it was for what Trask did over the full year. 

4 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Davonta Smith is crazy fast!   Like Randy Moss/Tyreek Hill cross . . . Wow!   

Alex Leatherwood's looking pretty impressive too.    

He should have gone last year and Bama gets 3 1st round receivers drafted in 1 year.

Only problem is that we may have ended up passing on Jefferson.

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

He should have gone last year and Bama gets 3 1st round receivers drafted in 1 year.

Only problem is that we may have ended up passing on Jefferson.

What?  DeVonta Smith has greatly improved his draft stock, if he would have left last year he might have fell to the 2nd round maybe with how many receivers were in that draft.  This year he could easily be a top 5 pick and maybe be a National Champ as well.  And the Randy Moss talk I do not get, DeVonta Smith is fast but he is not Randy Moss fast and never will be.  DeVonta is just one of the most competitive receivers I have seen in awhile, has amazing hands and really knows how to play the position and get open, his improvement over these last four years is out of this world impressive.  

Wyatt Davis was impressive as was that entire Ohio State OL.  Myers and Davis as guards potentially for the Vikings might totally be the way to go when the Vikings select.  Myers could play center but could be a hell of a guard as well and Davis already is a great guard and the best one in the class.

• Like 2

Stanford senior quarterback Davis Mills announced on Thursday that he will enter the 2021 NFL draft.

“To everyone who has impacted my time at Stanford – Coach (David) Shaw, Coach (Tavita) Pritchard, the rest of the coaching staff, strength staff, trainers, and everyone involved within the program – thank you for your belief and investment in me, and for helping to prepare me for the ultimate goal,” Mills wrote in announcing his decision.

In 13 games (11 starts) over the past two seasons, Mills completed 287-of-436 (65.8%) of passes for 3,468 yards and 18 touchdowns. He was named honorable mention All-Pac-12 in 2019 after finishing with 1,508 passing yards and 10 total touchdowns. His 301.6 yards per game were the second most in the Pac-12.

Mills had a school-record 504 passing yards at Washington State in 2019. He also led a dramatic, come-from-behind, two-overtime win at UCLA in his final game as the Cardinal quarterback. After falling behind 34-20 with 5:39 to play, Mills went 15-of-22 for 169 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Cardinal to the win.

A Cardinal captain in 2020, Mills will graduate with his degree in science, technology and society in March.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/12/31/stanford-qb-davis-mills-chooses-nfl-draft-over-returning-to-school/

19 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Watching ND vs Bama . . . Aaron Banks, the LG for ND is moving everything near him.   Pressure on Ian Book is non-exstant up the middle.    When, the run for a first down, its typically following Banks . . . Definitely someone to keep an eye on.    Now, is he a Jr or a Sr?    Websites vary on that.

I thought the broadcast mentioned 4 of the 5 starting OL for ND was Seniors. I could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Wyatt Davis was impressive as was that entire Ohio State OL.  Myers and Davis as guards potentially for the Vikings might totally be the way to go when the Vikings select.  Myers could play center but could be a hell of a guard as well and Davis already is a great guard and the best one in the class.

I was trying to watch him (Davis) as best I could. Can he transition to LG?

Still wondering if the Vikings look to convert another athletic tackle to OG like they've done with Cleveland.