2021 Draft Talk

swede700

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Jaguars, Jets, Falcons, Eagles, Lions, Panthers, Broncos, Cowboys, and 49ers could all go QB.  There's no way that Wilson is going to be on the board at 14, I feel fairly confident in saying that.

Only ones I wouldn’t agree with are the Eagles (Hurts) and Cowboys (resign/extend Dak).

If Vikes want Wilson they’ll have to move up. 

Edited by VikeManDan

If anything, I hope we trade down in the 1st, barring an elite talent falling to us.  We could trade down with a playoff team fielding an aging starter (Indy, TB come to mind) and pick up additional early draft picks.  At any rate, I hope our first 3 picks are DT, G, G or DT, G, T or a permutation of these.  We were losing too often on the LOS this season and that was the direct cause of us going 7-9.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

If anything, I hope we trade down in the 1st, barring an elite talent falling to us.  We could trade down with a playoff team fielding an aging starter (Indy, TB come to mind) and pick up additional early draft picks.  At any rate, I hope our first 3 picks are DT, G, G or DT, G, T or a permutation of these.  We were losing too often on the LOS this season and that was the direct cause of us going 7-9.

That’s assuming there’s a QB on the board at 14.  Currently, I don’t think there will be. 

40 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Unless we're pulling a move like we did for Kevin Williams, not exactly how that unfolded, but figuring K-Will Jr is sitting there and will be available a pick or two later . . . I say stand pat and get K-Will Jr right then and now.

Of corse, Randall McDaniel II would be much appreciated!😁

Pick 14 over the last 14 years:

2020 - Javon Kinlaw

2019 - Chris Lindstrom

2018 - Marcus Davenport

2017 - Derek Barnett

2016 - Karl Joseph

2015 - DeVante Parker

2014 - Kyle Fuller

2013 - Star Lotulelei

2012 - Michael Brockers

2011 - Robert Quinn

2010 - Earl Thomas

2009 - Malcolm Jenkins

2008 - Chris Williams

2007 - Darrelle Revis

—————

a lot of DL, DB, and OL

Edited by RpMc

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I wish Kinlaw was available this year.

Yeah that would be pretty great, not sure Kinlaw has been amazing or nothing on the 49ers this year but a DT with that size and potential would be nice.  Justin Madubuike would have clearly been a higher pick if he returned to A&M.  Some thought of him as a late 1st rounder but fell to the 3rd round, I would not have minded him either as a tough physical DT.

Nixon, Twyman and Barmore are all more pass rushing penetrating DTs and not so much strong dudes.  Pierce in the mix would help no doubt and maybe a pass rusher beside him that can penetrate would help.  

They should take a long look at Gregory Rousseau, huge dude with big time potential.  Wonnum has been good but not sure I would call him a star next to Hunter.  DT would be great but if Rousseau is there would be hard to pass up on that type of improvement on the edge.  Still interior OL is probably still the way to go and going with one of those Ohio State interior guys I would be happy with.  

7 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I would like a QB taken by the Vikings within the top 100 picks. Will be disappointing if they don't. 

I don't know what you are watching, Kirk Cousins has played great this season.  There is no reason to get a QB unless someone just falls right to them, and even then not sure it is all that needed.  Kirk has not got hurt at all thankfully despite the bounding he takes, we need a backup QB sure but we need interior DT and OL way more than we need a backup QB.   It is week 17 and in this game is the first time Cousins has not been hit 9+ times in a game since week 9 of the season against Detroit.  That is seven weeks in a row he got crushed and sacked multiple times each game and hit 9+ times each game.  

If the Vikings can get a defense again with the players coming back off injury next year they might have something because the offense is greatly improved despite the awful pass pro at times.  

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah that would be pretty great, not sure Kinlaw has been amazing or nothing on the 49ers this year but a DT with that size and potential would be nice.

Really bad in camp, slow start with some flashes now and again early, very strong finish. I wanted wirfs, but kinlaw seems like he could be very good. Still super raw though

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really bad in camp, slow start with some flashes now and again early, very strong finish. I wanted wirfs, but kinlaw seems like he could be very good. Still super raw though

Wirfs I loved, I thought he was the best out of all the OTs of Wills, Thomas and Becton.  All have been good this year though, but I think Wirfs has been the best as a rookie, his upside is flat out massive with his outstanding athletic ability.  It will be curious what the 49ers do, they along with the Eagles have QBs I assume they want to get rid of along with that contract but who will take them off their hands and pay that contract in the NFL?  Sure Bears or Colts maybe but that is a ton of money both are getting.  Odd to say that Kirk Cousins has greatly outplayed them both this year, I thought I would never say that especially with Wentz but I think in the right situation he can still ball.  

10 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Last time the Vikings were picking 14th, that pick was used on a QB, right? Sam Bradford.

I kind of forget, maybe.  But wow I hated Sam Bradford, hated him on OU and absolutely hated it when the Vikings got him.  At least the hate is a little bit warranted though.