2021 Draft Talk

swede700

Best DL available. Even with Hunter back (which taking a year off and expecting him to be the same guy is a gamble) the pass rush needs juice. They traded for Yannick because of that reason. Greg Rousseau would be a home run pick if the team stays put. Then there are a few decent 3 techs if the team trades down that are in play. I do think in a perfect world where everyone comes back healthy on D next year, this D unit can get back to respectable, which means 10+ wins with this offense.

The most interesting story of this draft will be the strategy. With less tape on everyone, potentially a weird combine/team visits, this is going to be an even bigger crap shoot than before. Usually you'd say drafting 8 players rounds 3-5 is too many from a roster construction/space standpoint (lots of guys likely not ready), but there will probably be some real gems (as well as a ton of whiffs). It will be interesting to see what underclassman do as well (maybe less early people declare so you want to push picks to next year?)

Edited by pacman5252
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, swede700 said:

While I don't expect them to go that route, it'd be interesting to see what they do if Lance is still on the board at #14.  

I would hope they'd pass on him, frankly. He dominated lesser competition for one season. Don't know if I'd want to take a shot on that. Plus...F NDSU 🙂

47 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I don't think Rousseau makes it out of the top 7. 

Very possible. 

It’s shaping up to be a fairly deep edge rusher class, and it’s going to be very interesting to see how teams evaluate those players who opted out, and haven’t played in over a year. Especially if the scouting combine is altered. 

Credence to my anti-tanking peeps:

No one player is worth losing 53.  Unless you plan on getting rid of the coach, anyone else associated with the tanking, and the players on the team who hate the decision, all it does is tank the culture of your team.

Edited by RpMc

26 minutes ago, RpMc said:

No one player is worth losing 53.  Unless you plan on getting rid of the coach, anyone else associated with the tanking, and the players on the team who hate the decision, all it does is tank the culture of your team.

Positive that Howie Roseman signed off on the move, earlier in the week.
He aint care what Sanders think.

59 minutes ago, RpMc said:

The look on the player’s faces on the sidelines said everything. And none of it was good. 

12 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Very possible but if he clocks out at 4.8 in the 40 or something it could easily happen, I doubt he rips it up athletically in the 40 or in the vertical.  Look how AJ Epenesa and Yetur Gross-Matos dropped last year.  Montez Sweat some could say dropped in the draft as well and he was an outstanding athlete who should have been picked higher than he was, Zach Allen fell farther than he should as well, same with Charles Omenihu it was crazy how he fell to the 5th round and should have been a 2nd rounder at worst.  

For the Vikings I would be fine with Basham, or Patrick Jones, or Jaelan Phillips or Kwity Paye.  All are gone most likely by the 3rd round though and none should really be taken in the 1st.  Maybe they could steal a guy like Tyreke Smith 3rd round or someone like Chauncey Golston or Joshua Kaindoh in the really later rounds like 4th-6th.  Kaindoh has a bad injury history but the dude is massive and has a lot of upside, just has been hurt a lot recently but at 6-7 265 there is something to mold.  A developmental guy really could be the way to go someone like Zach VanValkenburg or Adetokunbo Ogundeji.  Still DT is the more need position in many ways though.  

16 hours ago, RpMc said:

All do respect, if they played better they wouldn’t have to worry about this. Living in Philly, I watch their games as well. Where was this grit and grind at when dallas’s backup was torching this same defense for touchdowns? Where was this same moxy when the Washington Football team with Dwayne Haskins beat their tales? The way the Eagles performed, none of them deserve to get an attitude with a coach deciding to tank in a second half of a losing effort during the last game of the season. 

Edited by Illadelegend215

22 hours ago, RpMc said:

The locker room was lost well before that game, and more importantly that decision.

On 1/5/2021 at 5:31 AM, wcblack34 said:

Just depends on where teams needs fall.  Falcons at 4 is where the first real EDGE need comes up, but they could opt to go QB instead.  Depending on what happens with Von Miller, the Broncos could go EDGE as well.  Cowboys and Giants could go EDGE here as well.  Think Rousseau goes in that 8-12 range.