2021 Draft Talk

swede700

what would you do if Justin Fields were available at #14?  

"Sell the pick to Washington for #19, their 2022 1st round pick, and an additional 2nd (#51)"

This seems lopsided in the Vikings favor and I would be ecstatic to pull it off. How does it compute with the point system that frankly I do not understand one iota?

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Darrisaw?  In this said Mock was Wyatt Davis there?   Darrisaw I would not hate but I would sure hope better OL are around.  Slater was mocked very highly in that one also right, like top 5 or something?  Crazy for a dude who did not even play this year but I would rather have Slater than Darrisaw all day, still OG is the concern not as much OT but I assume Darrisaw is a convert to OG because he is not great in pass pro.  

Alex Leatherwood where was he in this mock?  I think a lot are sleeping on that dude, he has been quite legit for awhile and has been a better player long term than Darrisaw.  Leatherwood also can play OG and is arguably already a better tackle in pass pro than Darrisaw is.  

Still hard to dislike a OL pick when it is most likely the best value there.  

Slater @ 5 to Bengals

Davis @ 29 to Bills

Leatherwood was not in the 1st. 

49 minutes ago, DisplacedViking said:

"Sell the pick to Washington for #19, their 2022 1st round pick, and an additional 2nd (#51)"

This seems lopsided in the Vikings favor and I would be ecstatic to pull it off. How does it compute with the point system that frankly I do not understand one iota?

It's similar to the Patrick Mahomes trade.  A second is likely optimistic, but if you want a QB, you're going to have to overpay if you're moving up as high as we are in the first round.  Situations like Bridgewater and Jackson are different at the back end of the round.

Edited by RpMc

8 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Slater @ 5 to Bengals

Davis @ 29 to Bills

Leatherwood was not in the 1st. 

If Wyatt Davis is going to be available in the late first round, we need to trade down and grab an extra 2nd round pick, then draft him to be our LG of the future. Wyatt Davis is much better than Darrisaw in my opinion and has been a beast since high school. Sure-fire lineman who would solidify our interior, along with Bradbury and Cleveland.

Edited by Purplepride323

1 hour ago, Purplepride323 said:

If Wyatt Davis is going to be available in the late first, we need to trade down and grab an extra 2nd round pick, then draft our LG of the future. Wyatt Davis is much better than Darrisaw in my opinion and has been a beast since high school. Sure-fire lineman who would solidify our interior, along with Bradbury and Cleveland.

I'd love to trade down, gain a 2nd, and land Davis. Would be a day 1 win in my book.

I haven't watched Darrisaw but I'm surprised at the amount of hate he seems to be getting. Granted I haven't seen him play but he sounds like everything we'd look for in a zone-scheme LT. I also understand the iOL is in need of a massive upgrade at LG.

I've only done a couple of mocks thus far and in both situations, I've ended up trading down to pick up a 2nd.  I'm just not sure there's going to be such a player available at that spot that's going to be any better than one they could get later.

2 hours ago, Purplepride323 said:

If Wyatt Davis is going to be available in the late first, we need to trade down and grab an extra 2nd round pick, then draft our LG of the future. Wyatt Davis is much better than Darrisaw in my opinion and has been a beast since high school. Sure-fire lineman who would solidify our interior, along with Bradbury and Cleveland.

Darrisaw is the real deal...but I might be slightly biased because he's on the "home" team.

6 hours ago, DisplacedViking said:

Here is a trade value chart:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Our 1st (14th overall) is worth 1100 points, while Washington's 1st (19th overall) is worth 875 points; their 2022 pick is worth a pick one round later, and 51st overall is 390.  I doubt we would get the 2022 pick, their 1st and 2nd round picks this year total 1265 points, and their 1st round pick next year is worth several hundred.  I would settle for their first two picks in the upcoming draft.

38 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Our 1st (14th overall) is worth 1100 points, while Washington's 1st (19th overall) is worth 875 points; their 2022 pick is worth a pick one round later, and 51st overall is 390.  I doubt we would get the 2022 pick, their 1st and 2nd round picks this year total 1265 points, and their 1st round pick next year is worth several hundred.  I would settle for their first two picks in the upcoming draft.

Ignoring QB premium

1 hour ago, perrynoid said:

Yeah same here. If we can move down to #19 and get the 19th pick in the second round that would be amazing. Then with the 19th pick we can draft either Trey Lance or Wyatt Davis. I’d be happy with either one of those guys. There are going to be some great corners available in the second round of this draft and I’m sure Spielman and Zimmer will do anything to pick one up. 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RpMc said:

Sell the pick to Washington for #19, their 2022 1st round pick, and an additional 2nd (#51) or both 3rds (74 & 82), if that doesn't work move on down the list of other playoff teams in Indy, Pittsburgh, and New Orleans to get a haul from them.

Essentially, I'm trading the pick if there's a QB in the perceived top 4 that falls to us at #14.

Even before you take into account the future FRP you're proposing, that's a huge slant in favor of Minnesota.  With just the FRP, and SRP, the Vikings are extracting an extra mid-to-late 3rd round pick of value.  If you do the two 3rd round picks, you're talking about the same.  Call that the QB premium you're paying.  But to throw an extra FRP is just getting greedy.  There's not a snowball's chance in hell the Redskins would give that on top of the other value.  If they were willing to move that, they'd be willing to go up much further than 14.  Might even get them as high as 6, but probably somewhere in that 8-12 range.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RpMc said:

It's similar to the Patrick Mahomes trade.  A second is likely optimistic, but if you want a QB, you're going to have to overpay if you're moving up as high as we are in the first round.  Situations like Bridgewater and Jackson are different at the back end of the round.

Not even close to the Mahomes trade.  Like at all.  The Chiefs traded their FRP (#27), 3rd round pick (#91), and their '18 FRP to move up to the Bills pick (#10).  The Chiefs moved up a 17 slots giving up that package.  You're asking a team to give up a SRP on top of a future FRP to move up 5 slots.  Not going to happen.

• Like 1