Jump to content

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I would give up Kirk Cousins and three first round draft picks for Watson. Then we wouldn't have to worry about who is available at 14 and instead can talk about what the team will do with their picks after the second round.

Would absolutely do this move as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I would give up Kirk Cousins and three first round draft picks for Watson. Then we wouldn't have to worry about who is available at 14 and instead can talk about what the team will do with their picks after the second round.

That is a ton to give up. But the more I think about it, it is probably a fair price for a QB that will be only 26 years old this year and be here for a long time.

I really wish we had our 2nd round pick this year in this draft just seems like a ton of talent in this draft in the trenches where we need the help..

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

That is a ton to give up. But the more I think about it, it is probably a fair price for a QB that will be only 26 years old this year and be here for a long time.

I really wish we had our 2nd round pick this year in this draft just seems like a ton of talent in this draft in the trenches where we need the help..

Yeah that 1st round pick really should be traded for two 2nd round picks ideally.  Would save the Vikings money as well not having to pay a 1st round pick contract.

 

Missing on Alex Leatherwood does stink, but some say he is not even a 1st round pick which is crazy.  The guy had in 82 pass blocking snaps in the two playoff wins against Notre Dame and Ohio State allowed no sacks or QB pressures.  Barmore who absolutely would be gone before the 2nd round had two sacks, 3 TFLs and 11 QB pressures in those two playoff games as well.  

Trading that 1st rounder to a desperate team would be smart depending on how things fall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

I would give up Kirk Cousins and three first round draft picks for Watson. Then we wouldn't have to worry about who is available at 14 and instead can talk about what the team will do with their picks after the second round.

That’s a bad trade in my opinion and I would hate it if we gave up that much to get an injury prone QB. With our offensive line, I would bet he gets injured in the first half of the season. I don’t think we should jump ship on Kirk Cousins. He had a pretty solid season. The numbers don’t lie. I’m willing to bet if he gets a better offensive line, and a better defense, that gives him better field position and more time to rest on the sidelines, he will do better next season. I saw a stat on PFF that our offensive line was graded 25th, pretty much every year since Zimmer took over. Also we had the worst pass rushing grade. I think we should address our offensive line and defensive line, before we bet the house on a QB, that will most likely end up on the IR with a 25th ranked offensive line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah that 1st round pick really should be traded for two 2nd round picks ideally.  Would save the Vikings money as well not having to pay a 1st round pick contract.

 

Missing on Alex Leatherwood does stink, but some say he is not even a 1st round pick which is crazy.  The guy had in 82 pass blocking snaps in the two playoff wins against Notre Dame and Ohio State allowed no sacks or QB pressures.  Barmore who absolutely would be gone before the 2nd round had two sacks, 3 TFLs and 11 QB pressures in those two playoff games as well.  

Trading that 1st rounder to a desperate team would be smart depending on how things fall. 

I would just like to trade back into the 21-25 range and pick up a 2nd round pick on the way. Unless a stud falls to pick 14, that’s what I would do..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

That’s a bad trade in my opinion and I would hate it if we gave up that much to get an injury prone QB. With our offensive line, I would bet he gets injured in the first half of the season. I don’t think we should jump ship on Kirk Cousins. He had a pretty solid season. The numbers don’t lie. I’m willing to bet if he gets a better offensive line, and a better defense, that gives him better field position and more time to rest on the sidelines, he will do better next season. I saw a stat on PFF that our offensive line was graded 25th, pretty much every year since Zimmer took over. Also we had the worst pass rushing grade. I think we should address our offensive line and defensive line, before we bet the house on a QB, that will most likely end up on the IR with a 25th ranked offensive line.

It was rated as the worst pass blocking line in the NFL overall?  Well that explains the 121 QB hit count, and no it was not in some tweet I saw, that I literally counted them up from the box scores this year.

I agree with the OL and DL focus, especially since Houston is not trading Watson anyway, or shouldn't and they really cannot get out of Cousins contract as is.  As for Watson getting hurt, since when?  He was banged up last year near the end but finished the season, and he is way more athletic than Kirk is.  Has played 16 out of 16 games for the last three years outside of missing one game in 2019.

But yeah that is a pipe dream getting him, fun to pretend but agreed sticking with Cousins with how he looked the 2nd half this season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

It was rated as the worst pass blocking line in the NFL overall?  Well that explains the 121 QB hit count, and no it was not in some tweet I saw, that I literally counted them up from the box scores this year.

I agree with the OL and DL focus, especially since Houston is not trading Watson anyway, or shouldn't and they really cannot get out of Cousins contract as is.  As for Watson getting hurt, since when?  He was banged up last year near the end but finished the season, and he is way more athletic than Kirk is.  Has played 16 out of 16 games for the last three years outside of missing one game in 2019.

But yeah that is a pipe dream getting him, fun to pretend but agreed sticking with Cousins with how he looked the 2nd half this season.  

He has already torn his ACL on both legs. I didn’t realize he played all those games in the past three years. Good for him, but I hope he can maintain it. I’ve realized it’s more important to have a great OL, than it is to have a great QB. I could name a lot of teams that won a championship without a great QB, but none won without a great offensive line. With that being said I hope we can get either: Slater, Davis, Vera-Tucker, Leatherwood or Carman. Slater would be my favorite and can be our best lineman off the bat. If we can trade down to pick up a second rounder and still pick Slater in the first, that would be ideal.

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

TRADES
JAX - 1.14 & 4.133
MIN - 1.25 & 2.46

KC - 2.46, 4.117, 6.194
MIN - 1.32

HOU - 4.123, 7.237
MIN - 4.106

1.25 - Alijah Vera-Tucker [LG] USC
1.32 - Christian Barmore [UT] Alabama
3.78 - Paris Ford [S] Pittsburgh
3.91 - Ronnie Perkins [DE] Oklahoma
4.106 - Baron Browning [LB] Ohio State
4.141 - Ambry Thomas [CB] Michigan
5.156 - Bobby Brown III [NT] Texas A&M
5.170 - Austin Watkins [WR] UAB
6.219 - Josh Ball [T] Marshall

Latest attempt at a TDN mock draft.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RpMc said:

TRADES
JAX - 1.14 & 4.133
MIN - 1.25 & 2.46

KC - 2.46, 4.117, 6.194
MIN - 1.32

HOU - 4.123, 7.237
MIN - 4.106

1.25 - Alijah Vera-Tucker [LG] USC
1.32 - Christian Barmore [UT] Alabama
3.78 - Paris Ford [S] Pittsburgh
3.91 - Ronnie Perkins [DE] Oklahoma
4.106 - Baron Browning [LB] Ohio State
4.141 - Ambry Thomas [CB] Michigan
5.156 - Bobby Brown III [NT] Texas A&M
5.170 - Austin Watkins [WR] UAB
6.219 - Josh Ball [T] Marshall

Latest attempt at a TDN mock draft.
 

Pretty good and I wouldn’t be mad at that draft. I like taking Slater at #14 if he’s still available and then trading next year’s 1st rounder for a high second-round pick to get “Boogie“ Basham. PFF mock drafts are pretty cool and look accurate also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RpMc said:

TRADES
JAX - 1.14 & 4.133
MIN - 1.25 & 2.46

KC - 2.46, 4.117, 6.194
MIN - 1.32

HOU - 4.123, 7.237
MIN - 4.106

1.25 - Alijah Vera-Tucker [LG] USC
1.32 - Christian Barmore [UT] Alabama
3.78 - Paris Ford [S] Pittsburgh
3.91 - Ronnie Perkins [DE] Oklahoma
4.106 - Baron Browning [LB] Ohio State
4.141 - Ambry Thomas [CB] Michigan
5.156 - Bobby Brown III [NT] Texas A&M
5.170 - Austin Watkins [WR] UAB
6.219 - Josh Ball [T] Marshall

Latest attempt at a TDN mock draft.
 

I would love that, hard to think Barmore would fall that far.  Perkins I would like and I do not know enough about Brown III, maybe he is good but not sure.  Browning is a stud and would love him as well as Ford who could be a star.  Ball I like on Marshall but is a little raw, Watkins is good on UAB but many other WRs are better than him.  Vera-Tucker I like but not totally sold on him as a 1st rounder just yet.

 

 

 

This is what sucks about computers though, how ridiculous it is I just did.  Paddy Fisher a 7th round pick?  Dude is a great linebacker, Master Teague not totally sure he even declared for the draft yet but would love a hammer RB for a change of pace.  Smith-Marsette I would love as a real punt return option since Osborn not sure he will work out.  Sterns that late is absolutely crazy as well and not realistic.  Not to mention Twyman that late or Jones or Marvin Wilson for that matter all in or past the 3rd round.  Patrick Jones II is a stud and in no way should be anywhere past early 2nd round or late 1st.  Keith Taylor I would like as a big physical corner than get an outstanding slot corner and tough guy in Thomas Graham.  Just not realistic at all, oh and Trey Hill who could be a fine guard in the NFL and has ability to pull.

 

14 Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern 
78 Marvin Wilson DT Florida State
91 Patrick Jones II DE Pitt
117 Jaylen Twyman DT Pitt
123 Trey Hill OG/C Georgia
133 Cade Sterns S Texas
141 Keith Taylor CB Washington
156 Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
179 Thomas Graham Jr CB Oregon
194 Master Teague RB Ohio State
219 Brady White QB Memphis
237 Paddy Fisher ILB Northwestern

 

So yeah not the most realistic thing in the world that damn site which makes it way to easy to complete such a thing, doing that 7 round mock thing without that computer aid is damn hard.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TDN also has a lot of underclassmen still in their draft that have stated they’re going back to school. So the draft pool is bigger than it will be. 

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking like Vikings really do need to take an OL with that 1st pick.  Castanzo retired from the Colts so they should absolutely be in the market for a OT all the way, and Chicago they should be really looking for a OT that can play to move Ifedi back to guard.  And Tennessee who could easily go DL with Barmore, they are in need of a better OL with Conklin leaving last year and the OL not very talented especially since Lewan has been hurt so that is in play.  And the Cardinals are in play for OL also.

Possibly that could be four top level OL gone, so if the Vikings go another way with the 1st round pick and have to wait till the 3rd to get an OL, could be a long wait.  

 

Leatherwood if we do not take him I could see going to Chicago and Jalen Mayfield could go to the Colts potentially or Carman.   Also Cardinals I feel could go OL all the way and get a guy like Wyatt Davis if Vikings do not take him, they need interior help.

 

Also have the Bills later in the draft who could be in the market for one, same with Baltimore to improve the OG spot outside of Bozeman, not sold on Phillips at OG honestly but maybe they are fine with Powers.  Then Jacksonville I feel should go WR and get some speed there but could go OL to protect Lawrence. Cam Robinson is a FA, sure they bring him back but maybe they do not. Deep class sure but they could go faster than one thinks.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...