15 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Chris Olave going back to school, but another Buckeye is declaring:

Yeah no real surprise with Wyatt Davis, would have been shocked if he did not declare, especially as a RS JR.  Maybe they should go with him, if he times out well at the combine and puts out good numbers it could almost be a lock.  Is clearly the best true guard and maybe they should just go that way with it.   

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Sadly, there is no combine this year. 

Sure not in the typical way with everyone competing at the same time together but same exact measurements will be taken at each individual college Pro day.  And the numbers still matter, the position drills will be different because they cannot see their competitors at the position and compete off of that.  But the rest are still athletic testing that is still very valuable to get and help prove and solidify prospect rankings.

40-yard dash.

Bench press (225 lb repetitions)

Vertical jump.

Broad jump.

20-yard shuttle.

3 cone drill.

60-yard shuttle.

Position-specific drills.

Not seeing them side by side one after another will matter a lot, especially for QBs.  The interview for the prospects virtually will be weird as hell.  Give a good first impression off ******* zoom.  What a nightmare, would be hard to prepare for that one.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

Tommy Togiai on Ohio State also declared, that is a little bit of a surprise.  Had only one good year but good for the Vikings throwing in another decent DT into the mix and could be a mid round pick.  

Edited by Ozzy
47 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Olave going back is a real shocker actually.   Not that the Vikings would be a likely landing spot. 

Yeah same here. He would’ve easily been a first round pick. Don’t know why he would pass that up. Maybe he thinks he can go top 10 next year? 

Speaking of WRs, I think there will be some nice receivers available in the middle rounds and we desperately need a solid #3 WR. I like Seth Williams, Dyami Brown and Jonathan Adams. I think Adams would be a great fit because he is great at stretching the field, high pointing the ball and catching away from his body. Also he might be the best blocking WR in the draft. Jonathan Adams in round 4. You heard it here first. 🙏🏼

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

If Justin Fields/Zach Wilson fell to 14, do you take him?

Never say never I guess, but either of those guys dropping all the way to 14 seems highly unlikely. I would think if one of them did you could get a pretty sweet return, i.e. a 1st and a 2nd this year or a 1st both this and next year. If I couldn't pull off a trade similar to either of those, yes, pick the shiny new QB and let him sit behind Kirk until you either trade Kirk, the kid legitimately beats Kirk out, or it is fiscally responsible to cut Kirk. All that said, I would prefer to get a nice trade down package and roll with Cousins for at least another year or two.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

If Justin Fields/Zach Wilson fell to 14, do you take him?

I would rather trade down to the highest bidder. For example: Washington’s #19 pick, plus their second-rounder and 2022 first-round pick . I don’t think we can refuse an offer like that. Even if Justin Fields and Zach Wilson turn out to be Pro Bowlers. The way this team is built, I don’t think we should pass up on our main needs, in order to get the QB of the future. If we address our main needs really well, we can be a contender next year and for years to come. If we don’t address our main needs (LG, DE, CB, DT) and take the QB of the future, we’ll most likely miss the playoffs again next year and who knows when we’ll be back in there. I think this team is pretty much built and invested to win now. We aren’t in a position where we need to start over. Teams that start over are usually ones that bet it all on a rookie QB. 

Edited by Purplepride323
15 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

I would rather trade down to the highest bidder. For example: Washington’s #19 pick, plus their second-rounder and 2022 first-round pick . I don’t think we can refuse an offer like that. Even if Justin Fields and Zach Wilson turn out to be Pro Bowlers. The way this team is built, I don’t think we should pass up on our main needs, in order to get the QB of the future. If we address our main needs really well, we can be a contender next year and for years to come. If we don’t address our main needs (LG, DE, CB, DT) and take the QB of the future, we’ll most likely miss the playoffs again next year and who knows when we’ll be back in there. I think this team is pretty much built and invested to win now. We aren’t in a position where we need to start over. Teams that start over are usually ones that bet it all on a rookie QB. 

The Chiefs took a QB and didn’t have to start all over. They could have kept what was comfortable in Smith. You absolutely can’t refuse a QB if one of those two grade out as franchise caliber QBs. Doesn’t matter  what the other needs are, nothing comes close to the long term outlook of QB and Cousins isn’t it with that cap hit.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

The Chiefs took a QB and didn’t have to start all over. They could have kept what was comfortable in Smith. You absolutely can’t refuse a QB if one of those two grade out as franchise caliber QBs. Doesn’t matter  what the other needs are, nothing comes close to the long term outlook of QB and Cousins isn’t it with that cap hit.

I think they were starting over, because they had a new head coach in Andy Reid, a new system, and they didn’t have elite WRs and an elite RB like we do. Also Kirk Cousins is better than Alex Smith. Prime for prime, you can’t argue that. I wouldn’t be mad if we take a QB at 14, but personally I would rather take an elite LG/LT like Rashawn Slater. With a great O-Line, our team would be lethal on offense. Then we can focus on defense with the rest of our picks. Only things we need to fix on our offense really is LG, 3rd WR, back-up QB and a 2nd/3rd TE since we’ll most likely cut Rudolph. Defense needs more work. 

Edited by Purplepride323
17 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Its been proven time and again that piling several picks for one player is a bad move.   

Just checking in on this statement. 

What's the proof (bad or good) for trading multiple picks for a young, proven, non rookie, star QB