2021 Draft Talk

swede700

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

Doubt we are in a position to add a receiver that high. 

Yeah I think it’d be better to get one in the later rounds. I honestly think there are going to be better WRs in this draft than last year’s draft. Last year had a deep class and this class is looking even deeper. If we can get either: Seth Williams, Johnathan Adams or Romeo Doubs in the 4th or 5th that would give us an extra weapon on the outside. Justin Jefferson is most likely going to get doubled next year, so Thielen and our 3rd WR are going to get a lot of one-on-ones. Jefferson, Thielen and Seth Williams would be a terror for opposing secondaries. 

Also I think we’re going to draft a TE now since Rudolph basically asked to get cut. If we can somehow get a second- rounder and draft Freiermuth or take Brevin Jordan in the 3rd round, that would actually improve our passing game too. 

Edited by Purplepride323

8 hours ago, Purplepride323 said:

Also I think we’re going to draft a TE now since Rudolph basically asked to get cut. If we can somehow get a second- rounder and draft Freiermuth or take Brevin Jordan in the 3rd round, that would actually improve our passing game too. 

I’d be shocked if we drafted a TE before day three. With Smith and Conklin, they’ve got a pretty good 1-2 if Rudolph indeed does end up gone. 

21 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I’d be shocked if we drafted a TE before day three. With Smith and Conklin, they’ve got a pretty good 1-2 if Rudolph indeed does end up gone. 

Agree.  With as many picks as they have now, a TE will likely be taken, but it won't be early.

3 hours ago, RpMc said:

I’d be more shocked if we picked a QB or WR that early to be honest. TE in the 2nd round, if Freiermuth falls would be amazing, just based on value and need for a solid #2. Conklin is good and all but he’s not elite. Freiermuth is going to be elite. Same as Brevin Jordan. But, this is a pretty deep TE class so I think we can also target Hunter Long, Kenny Yeboah or Nick Eubanks in the 5th/6th round. Kenny Yeboah looks like a poor man’s Kyle Pitts. If he learns to improve his blocking, he’ll be a starter in the league. 

Overall this class is deep at many positions, but one position that is limited in talent is the Guard position. So I really hope we address that early. Best case scenario is we trade down maybe once or twice, pick up a second rounder or two, and draft Rashawn Slater/Vera-Tucker/ or Wyatt Davis. After the early second round, pretty much after Jackson Carman, the guard position is done. I don’t like Jalen Mayfield and I think that’s where it falls off tremendously. We need to get our lineman early this year. I like Dillon Radunz but I think he’s less battle tested than any other lineman and I’d rather invest an earlier pick to get a day 1 starter at Left Guard. Slater is my favorite, mostly because of that tape against Chase Young. He shut down Young in that game and had a play where he stopped him with one hand. Also he’s got the quickest feet of any lineman in the draft. Slater would not only be a day 1 starter but can be our best lineman by the end the of next season. Really hope we get him. 

Edited by Purplepride323

I think there are going to be a lot of talented players in the later rounds this year, mostly due to players opting out and not having a lot of game-tape. It’s a rare case that we’ve never seen before. But I think the silver lining is, we’re going to get day 2 value on day 3. One guy that really impressed me is Shane Buechele. Can he be the next 6th round QB gem? He does play a lot like Brady. I hope Spielman has an eye on him in the later rounds. Max Borghi is another guy I like. He’s lethal on passing downs. Kind of like a bootleg CMC. Also Darius Stills and Shaka Toney are interesting late-round players with serious pass rushing skills. Can’t wait to see what Spielman is gonna do. He’s been on fire recently with his drafts. 

Edited by Purplepride323

Four Senior Bowl Players that could be good fits for us getting pretty rave reviews

G/T - Dillon Radunz (NDSU)
C/G - Quinn Meinerz (UW - Whitewater)

EDGE - Ade Ogundeji (Notre Dame - ridiculous arm length/strength on the edge so far)
S - Richie Grant (UCF)

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s that how Bradbury shot up draft boards?

Don’t remember Bradbury, but Zack Martin, Ali Marpet, and players like that certainly dominated one on ones and elevated their stock. 

Bradbury I thought was more testing and tape related. Easy to see him make reach blocks on tape and testing showed high levels of agility, explosiveness, and even strength.