2021 Draft Talk

swede700

On 10/2/2020 at 1:22 PM, VikeManDan said:

I think we'd all love to add a pass rushing 3T to our line. Next year with a healthy Hunter and a hopefully in-shape and hungry Pierce the DL will look much different. I agree that a pass rush presence is needed on the interior.

Hunter-???-Pierce-Yannick is a great start.

If find a decent 3T this is a top 3 DL in the NFL. This is why I hope they at least try and play Lynch this season. If truly not a starter this team need to spend a premium pick on one. Weird Zim hasn't tried harder or use more resources on 3T because Akins providing inside pressure with Cincy  made Zim Double A scheme more dangerous. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dc_vikingfan said:

If find a decent 3T this is a top 3 DL in the NFL. This is why I hope they at least try and play Lynch this season. If truly not a starter this team need to spend a premium pick on one. Weird Zim hasn't tried harder or use more resources on 3T because Akins providing inside pressure with Cincy  made Zim Double A scheme more dangerous. 

I'd love to see Watts be a long term answer at NT in case we were to cut Pierce (highly doubtful). Maybe he can be a useful backup.

Stephens and Johnson aren't cutting it. We need DT help.

I think if we take care of the QB position first, we can get a good DT in round 3.

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'd love to see Watts be a long term answer at NT in case we were to cut Pierce (highly doubtful). Maybe he can be a useful backup.

Stephens and Johnson aren't cutting it. We need DT help.

I think if we take care of the QB position first, we can get a good DT in round 3.

I personally don't think the Vikings will be in a position to draft one of the top QBs so I think this team should draft one of the top DTs with their 1st Rd pick or trade down into the 2nd and do so. Getting a guy like Darius Stills probably won't materialize in the 3rd. 

After DT, I'd prioritize the Guard position.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Guys there is this QB out of BYU names Zach Wilson and mark it down he will be a Minnesota Vikings. 
Super impressed.

This would be a dream come true. Kid looked awesome as a Freshman. Struggled as a sophomore but has bounced back big time. Pretty athletic and good feet. Has a great arm and has gotten much better at decision making. He's made some awesome throws this year on the run. He perfectly emulated Mahomes underhand throw Friday night. 

And no I'm not biased why do you ask? 

31 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Is he better than Kyle Trask

He’s a much more natural passer from what little I’ve seen. Wilson appears to throw off platform very well, having that ability to create. Which is becoming a must in the NFL.

But Trask’s size and improvement from 2019 to 2020 is going to turn a lot of heads. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

This would be a dream come true. Kid looked awesome as a Freshman. Struggled as a sophomore but has bounced back big time. Pretty athletic and good feet. Has a great arm and has gotten much better at decision making. He's made some awesome throws this year on the run. He perfectly emulated Mahomes underhand throw Friday night. 

And no I'm not biased why do you ask? 

He’s got that flare.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:06 PM, KeithVikings28 said:

Guys there is this QB out of BYU names Zach Wilson and mark it down he will be a Minnesota Vikings. 
Super impressed.

But is he more Steve Young/Jim McMahon or more Ty Detmer?  If he's Ty Detmer, I want nothing to do with him.  😅

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

As of now, how would you guys rank our top 5 needs?

Mine are:

1) QB
2) UT
3) LT
4) LG
5) Safety

This is pretty spot on in my opinion. I'd like to know where the Vikings anticipate Cleveland playing long term. He should fill one of the LT/LG spots, hopefully. I'd also like to see what James Lynch can do with more 3T/UT snaps.

Sadly, I'd still add CB to this list with Hughes injury concerns, he can't be counted on and is trending towards an injury bust. Dantzler and Gladney seem like they're off to a decent start given the unusual off season.

• Like 1

From Joe Marino, The Draft Network

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-stock-risers-after-cfb-week-7

ZACH WILSON, QB, BYU

Every year there seems to be that one quarterback that comes out of nowhere and becomes a legitimate NFL prospect and the 2020 version of that is Zach Wilson. His junior campaign is off to a terrific start and his outing on Friday night against Houston was arguably his best performance to date. In BYU’s 43-26 win, Wilson completed 25-of-35 passes for 400 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions. Wilson also led the Cougars in rushing with 40 yards on nine attempts while accounting for a whopping 92 percent of BYU’s total offensive yardage. 

While the final score doesn’t indicate the game was tight, BYU trailed Houston 26-21 heading into the fourth quarter and that’s when the best player on the field took over. Wilson engineered three touchdown drives in the fourth quarter alone as BYU scored 22 unanswered points. Wilson’s ability to make plays when things break down, push the ball down the field, and come through in the clutch were on full display as he continues to turn heads this season.

Edited by VikeManDan