2021 Draft Talk

swede700

Not as big of a need but in the later rounds once other needs are filled, if a lot of the safeties are gone I would not mind Bryce Thompson.  Tennessee CB but I think he could be a decent FS potential.  Is an aggressive tackler, can blitz and get after the QB, has good ball skills, good reaction time and good anticipation.  Fights, is tough and could be a good late round steal.  Can has played well since he was a freshman, underrated player I feel.  Could be around in the 6th or 7th possibly.  Marco Wilson is another who I would love in that late round of the draft.

What I have currently that could go down.  Moved safety up in the need category so went after Ford, would be fine with Jamar Johnson also.  And filled the DT spot instead of the DE spot.  Surratt I would like in the 4th, could not be there but has such athletic ability and upside as more of a coverage type speed linebacker assuming they lose Wilson and Surratt could maybe help in the pass rush, so raw at linebacker only played it two seasons after being a QB but got 12 sacks in those two years.  Rodgers I think could fit great in the slot and would take Bisi out which would be a good thing, he might not be there.  Same with Hill who has big time ability and could replace Boone and be a backup RB with pass catching ability.  Still think kicker could be address easy enough as well.  Still sold on Leatherwood as a potential starting OG and maybe transition to OT if need be in the future, still up in the air depending on the workout but on the field he could be a great OG I feel if he can play LT at such a high level like he did in college.  

1st
14 Vikings: Alex Leatherwood Alabama SR OG/OT

3rd
79 Vikings: Paris Ford Pitt RS JR S
91 Vikings (From Ravens): Jerome Johnson Indiana RS SR DT

4th
110 Vikings: Chazz Surratt UNC RS SR OLB
116 Vikings (from Chicago): Tommy Kraemer Notre Dame RS SR OG
125 Vikings (from Buffalo): Amari Rodgers Clemson SR WR

5th
141 Vikings: Kylin Hill Miss State SR RB
155 Vikings (From Jacksonville): Wyatt Hubert Kansas State JR DE

6th
175 Vikings: Jose Borregales Miami FL RS SR K

7th
206 Vikings: Marco Wilson Florida RS JR CB

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

My preference is trenches/QB at #14, however i realize QB at 14 likely not happening and the DL options don't look strong to me. 

Sorry; Ten-pick Rick is pondering 20-21 picks in 2021.  The first round pick at #14 will be needed to add 4-5 more picks.

• Like 1

Changed some things around since Nick Martin was cut by Houston, originally had them getting Richie Grant but in this one he is there in the 3rd which would be great having Houston go center now instead of safety.  Would be fine with Paris Ford also but Grant is more a coverage safety.  Kaindoh is a risk because of his injuries but could be a decent value late, LB added speed with Jones and Simmons who has great athletic ability.  Projected two compensatory picks one in the 4th and one in the 6th, not sure that is accurate though based off a projection I found.

1st
14 Vikings: Alex Leatherwood Alabama SR OG/OT

3rd
79 Vikings: Richie Grant UCF SR S
91 Vikings (From Ravens): Jerome Johnson Indiana RS SR DT

4th
120 Vikings: Tommy Kraemer Notre Dame RS SR OG
126 Vikings (from Chicago): Antjuan Simmons Michigan State SR OLB
135 Vikings (from Buffalo): Amari Rodgers Clemson SR WR
*144 Vikings: Kylin Hill Miss State SR RB

5th
159 Vikings: Kelvin Joseph Kentucky RS SOPH CB
173 Vikings (From Jacksonville): Joshua Kaindoh Florida State RS JR DE

6th
202 Vikings: Jose Borregales Miami FL RS SR K
*224 Vikings: Ernest Jones South Carolina JR ILB

7th
238 Vikings: Brandon Drayton Marshall SR S

I'm sick of acting like Rashod Bateman isn't the best receiver in the draft somebody show me somebody better??

Also Kyle Pitts at 14? 

Mac Jones at 14?

What are we thinking here. Ideally i would i would try to trade down for a late first and second if there's a decent trade partner. Then use the remaining 15 picks to trade up and trade for picks next year.

Go get the best 9 guys I can get forget drafting 15 guys and 8 UDFAs if you cant keep them all and other teams end up taking your draft picks from the practice squad.

1 hour ago, HeydudemanG said:

I'm sick of acting like Rashod Bateman isn't the best receiver in the draft somebody show me somebody better??

Also Kyle Pitts at 14? 

Mac Jones at 14?

What are we thinking here. Ideally i would i would try to trade down for a late first and second if there's a decent trade partner. Then use the remaining 15 picks to trade up and trade for picks next year.

Go get the best 9 guys I can get forget drafting 15 guys and 8 UDFAs if you cant keep them all and other teams end up taking your draft picks from the practice squad.

Yeah that 40 time Bateman posted about is legit, sub 4.4 speed is big time and kid played with a QB who threw wobbly passes that were often inaccurate.  Mac Jones if he falls then sure could be trade bait for the Bears or Patriots.  I think either team would love him and if he falls Vikings could use that to get more picks later in the 1st and or 2nd.  Doubt it happens though, apparently Rhule on Carolina liked Mac Jones a lot when he coached the Senior bowl.

Kyle Pitts I would not mind but again would be very surprised that happens.  Bateman I would like but hard to explain it with a two WR system, Thielen with a big contract and Jefferson who had a record rookie year.  Also they play two TEs a lot and should not just switch to 3 wide all of a sudden especially with such a poor OL.

Tamorrion Terry granted had an awful season this past year, quit the team or whatever not far into it.  Still if you just look at his FR or SOPH tape the kid is crazy talented and could be got in the 4th or 5th maybe even 6th round.  That is something I would be more interested in if we are indeed looking for another WR which they should in the later rounds.  I had the kid as a high 1st rounder before the season started, he has big time deep play ability.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Watch any one of Chase, Smith or Waddle and you’ll see somebody better. 

Ewww, Waddle looks like a playmaker. Chase and Smith don't look bad but don't look like they have the potential CD Lamb or Jerry Juedy had coming out of college. They don't look bad. JJ was good at everything and didn't stand out for speed like Waddle, and didn't have the route running of Jerry Juedy. But superb route running either way.

I'm just saying I'd trade back for Bateman then draft those 3 at 14. Hopefully the Packers or somebody doesn't take him.

5 minutes ago, HeydudemanG said:

Ewww, Waddle looks like a playmaker. Chase and Smith don't look bad but don't look like they have the potential CD Lamb or Jerry Juedy had coming out of college. They don't look bad. JJ was good at everything and didn't stand out for speed like Waddle, and didn't have the route running of Jerry Juedy. But superb route running either way.

I'm just saying I'd trade back for Bateman then draft those 3 at 14. Hopefully the Packers or somebody doesn't take him.

Well I’m sure someone will take him at some point. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah that 40 time Bateman posted about is legit, sub 4.4 speed is big time and kid played with a QB who threw wobbly passes that were often inaccurate.  Mac Jones if he falls then sure could be trade bait for the Bears or Patriots.  I think either team would love him and if he falls Vikings could use that to get more picks later in the 1st and or 2nd.  Doubt it happens though, apparently Rhule on Carolina liked Mac Jones a lot when he coached the Senior bowl.

Kyle Pitts I would not mind but again would be very surprised that happens.  Bateman I would like but hard to explain it with a two WR system, Thielen with a big contract and Jefferson who had a record rookie year.  Also they play two TEs a lot and should not just switch to 3 wide all of a sudden especially with such a poor OL.

Tamorrion Terry granted had an awful season this past year, quit the team or whatever not far into it.  Still if you just look at his FR or SOPH tape the kid is crazy talented and could be got in the 4th or 5th maybe even 6th round.  That is something I would be more interested in if we are indeed looking for another WR which they should in the later rounds.  I had the kid as a high 1st rounder before the season started, he has big time deep play ability.

Terry is my favorite later round target.  I hope his head is on straight.   His size alone offers a dimension that no other receiver can that's currently on the roster.

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Is it wrong to get Josh Gordon vibes from Tamarrion Terry?

I guess I need to ask, which Josh Gordon vibes?  The vibes that he has all the potential to be great? Or, the vibes that lead you to think that he has behavior issues and substance issues that will keep him from living up to his potential?  If he is giving off the later vibes, I want nothing to do with him.