2021 Draft Talk

swede700

13 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

They have any prospects besides Slater and Newsome?

Yeah they have tons of other guys outside of those two, especially at linebacker.

Paddy Fisher Northwestern RS SR ILB
JR Pace Northwestern SR S
Blake Gallagher Northwestern SR OLB
Peyton Ramsey Northwestern RS SR QB
Ramaud Chiaokhiao-Bowman Northwestern RS SR WR
Gunnar Vogel Northwestern RS SR OT
Earnest Brown IV Northwestern SR DE

Travis Whillock Northwestern RS SR S (not sure he is in this draft or not, did sit out this season and I assume he will continue to play but who know, still the kid is a striker at safety.)

Either way on the 9th they better send someone else to Wisconsin-Whitewater as well to see Meinerz.  Would love that type of toughness and attitude at guard.

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Might as well sign him up to be a Viking with those numbers.  Crazy high bench press for a dude with that type of athletic speed.  Vikings take him all day, too bad the Chargers will steal him, or Dallas or maybe the 49ers if they pass on Trent Williams new contract.  So doubt the Vikings even get the chance.    

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RpMc said:

So this guy ran the 8th fastest 40 time in history by any guard prospect?  I just do not really believe that.  Watching this 40 here and Slater's, one dude is fast, the other might be a little inflated in terms of time.  Great if he indeed ran that but hard to believe looking at his build and simply his get off in this 40, not very fast out the gate which is then very hard to get a time like that.  

According to NFL combine results website, Randall McDaniel ran a 4.6 40 as a guard which is the fastest time, Danny Pinter was the latest and best time at 4.91.  None were anything close to 320 like Meinerz is.  Brandon Brooks ran a 4.99 at 346 pounds and he is a three time Pro Bowler.  

By the looks of it no center 320+ ever ran that type of time, same with no guard as well or DT but Marcell Dareus ran a 4.93 at 319 so came close.  A few OTs have done it at 320+ but come on this is a little hard to believe honestly.

All these times will come out, and has anyone ran poorly yet?  Will see but little too good to be true at the moment for some.  

58 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So this guy ran the 8th fastest 40 time in history by any guard prospect?  I just do not really believe that.  Watching this 40 here and Slater's, one dude is fast, the other might be a little inflated in terms of time.  Great if he indeed ran that but hard to believe looking at his build and simply his get off in this 40, not very fast out the gate which is then very hard to get a time like that.  

According to NFL combine results website, Randall McDaniel ran a 4.6 40 as a guard which is the fastest time, Danny Pinter was the latest and best time at 4.91.  None were anything close to 320 like Meinerz is.  Brandon Brooks ran a 4.99 at 346 pounds and he is a three time Pro Bowler.  

By the looks of it no center 320+ ever ran that type of time, same with no guard as well or DT but Marcell Dareus ran a 4.93 at 319 so came close.  A few OTs have done it at 320+ but come on this is a little hard to believe honestly.

All these times will come out, and has anyone ran poorly yet?  Will see but little too good to be true at the moment for some.  

It may be inflated but he did look pretty quick.  I'd take him on this team for sure. 

2 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

It may be inflated but he did look pretty quick.  I'd take him on this team for sure. 

Not saying I would not take him, I would as well and would love him.  But overall if all these times continue to be outstanding, it will be a little fishy.  Is clearly not as accurate or as unbiased as the NFL combine would have been.  The combine is exact, sure some guys still use hand timers but they also have the exact computer time as well, just seems almost all the times that come out are all like great times.  Just seems a little fishy until someone craps the bed with a bad time and have yet to really see that.

Apparently when Meinerz last assessed by Whitewater in March 2020 he had 30 reps of 225 (which makes sense).  4.5 second pro agility drill and 7.5 in the three cone.  Those would have ranked him 5th in the bench, 2nd in the agility and 3rd in the 3 cone out of all the OL in the 2020 combine.

Now maybe he is this all world athlete or the school in this case is being a little generous to grain more attention arguably the most hyped athlete they have ever had which in return is giving a great deal of attention to the school and their football program.  

But yeah as a Viking would love him but if these times are legit, no way he makes it out of the 2nd round.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Not saying I would not take him, I would as well and would love him.  But overall if all these times continue to be outstanding, it will be a little fishy.  Is clearly not as accurate or as unbiased as the NFL combine would have been.  The combine is exact, sure some guys still use hand timers but they also have the exact computer time as well, just seems almost all the times that come out are all like great times.  Just seems a little fishy until someone craps the bed with a bad time and have yet to really see that.

Apparently when Meinerz last assessed by Whitewater in March 2020 he had 30 reps of 225 (which makes sense).  4.5 second pro agility drill and 7.5 in the three cone.  Those would have ranked him 5th in the bench, 2nd in the agility and 3rd in the 3 cone out of all the OL in the 2020 combine.

Now maybe he is this all world athlete or the school in this case is being a little generous to grain more attention arguably the most hyped athlete they have ever had which in return is giving a great deal of attention to the school and their football program.  

But yeah as a Viking would love him but if these times are legit, no way he makes it out of the 2nd round.  

That is fair.  You'd have to question this year who exactly is reporting these times.  Hopefully things are back to normal relatively for 2022.

Just wait until Alabama's pro day when Devonta Smith "weighs in "  at a rock solid 210.