2021 Draft Talk

swede700

20 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’m predicting he’s picked in the top 10

I can see him falling because 3-4 QBs will be drafted top 10, 2-3 WRs, 2-3 CBs, Micah Parsons then pass rushers and OL. He’s definitely a top 10 pick but he’s going to fall to us.

Edited by KeithVikings28

3 hours ago, viking said:

Don't take IOL in the first round - only premium positions 

So,  just don't have a guard?  If there is a starter there, that's worth a pick.  Or, what is your plan?  They also need a tackle.... what's your plan?  And, plenty of teams disagree with you.  

Edited by PrplChilPill
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

So,  just don't have a guard?  If there is a starter there, that's worth a pick.  Or, what is your plan?  They also need a tackle.... what's your plan?  And, plenty of teams disagree with you.  

Pick up a solid FA G, Draft a mid round guard. Cleveland - Rookie - Bradbury - FA guard - O'neill

In the first round pick up a pass rusher or if one of the top 2 corners fall pick one of them up or a pipe dream would be Trey Lance falling to 14.

5 hours ago, viking said:

Pick up a solid FA G, Draft a mid round guard. Cleveland - Rookie - Bradbury - FA guard - O'neill

In the first round pick up a pass rusher or if one of the top 2 corners fall pick one of them up or a pipe dream would be Trey Lance falling to 14.

Planning to go into the year with a mid round guard as one of your starters? That's ugly. Might as well put Kirk Cousins on IR right now and start the most athletic QB you can find; he'll be running for his life all year.

I would rather the team do something that gives them a better chance of winning this year.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Planning to go into the year with a mid round guard as one of your starters? That's ugly. Might as well put Kirk Cousins on IR right now and start the most athletic QB you can find; he'll be running for his life all year.

I would rather the team do something that gives them a better chance of sinning this year.

I didn't see Kirk on IR last year? And I didn't see the offense struggling either. We were a top 10 unit on the offensive side of the ball and bottom 5 on defense.

if the top 3 tackles are off the board and we still go OL (or IOL ew) the draft will be a fail. Take a premium position at 14 and build for the next 5 years not just next year.

10 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I would rather the team do something that gives them a better chance of sinning this year.

Is a mid round Guard that much of a downgrade from Dozier last year? Cousins did just fine, he was actually quite good in November and December and Cook had a career year. I can’t fault the OL for Cousins atrocious play to start the year, that’s why we missed the playoffs.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Is a mid round Guard that much of a downgrade from Dozier last year? Cousins did just fine, he was actually quite good in November and December and Cook had a career year. I can’t fault the OL for Cousins atrocious play to start the year, that’s why we missed the playoffs.

Down grading from Dozier at all is a bad idea

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Well, that's a goal you don't see everyday in the NFL!

11 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’m predicting he’s picked in the top 10

While unlikely, I did one mock draft recently where he was still available at #14, so I took him.  It certainly would make things interesting from a schematic standpoint...I guess Kubiak would have to begin running the Patriots offense.

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

While unlikely, I did one mock draft recently where he was still available at #14, so I took him.  It certainly would make things interesting from a schematic standpoint...I guess Kubiak would have to begin running the Patriots offense.

To be fair, I honestly believe he will be used as a WR split out far more than even being inside. 

I’m not saying I would not hate it. I would love to get Pitts. I just don’t see him being around. I still am not 100% against going WR again early in this draft if we move around. But like everyone else, we have no idea who is going to be or LT or LG right now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Well, that's a goal you don't see everyday in the NFL!

Lol. Darn fat sausage fingers.

I edited my post to fix it.

As far as other responses, I don't know what the suggestion to go into the year planning on a mid round rookie starting at guard has to do with last year.  I strongly disliked suggestions here about going into the year with a second year Samia as a starter. A plan to go into the year with a rookie mid round pick as a starter are even worse.

In the end, the Vikings didn't go into the year with Samia as a starter. That was all just crazy talk on the Internet. Even when Samia got playing time after an injury to Elflein and Jones he didn't last long before the Vikings replaced him.

Talk of going into a year with an unknown mid round rookie as a starter is evener crazier talk than the talk we saw last year about Samia, or all the chatter prior to last year about Isidora or Yankey and whatever other terrible options the Internet has put out there.

I can't wait for the Vikings to have a GM that has a different philosophy on how to build a team.  I love the Tomlinson and Peterson signings, but free agency this year again shows that our GM doesn't put as much value on getting the offensive line solidified as he does many other positions. That is not a philosophy that I agree with. Even Patrick Mahomes couldn't compensate for terrible line play when the Chiefs lost a couple starters. Cousins is no Mahomes and the Vikings still have an offensive line that looks too similar to the line that couldn't hold up well enough for Mahomes to get a single TD in the Super Bowl.