6 minutes ago, viking said:

If we pick up a couple of low $$$ Veterans at guard in FA how would everyone feel if we picked up DeVonta Smith at 14?

I waffle on whether I'd take him or not if he's the BPA.  I think I'd still rather trade down and pick up a 2nd before I'd take him.  But, if not, then I'd consider it, because Thielen's probably only going to be around for another 2-3 yrs.

20 minutes ago, viking said:

If we pick up a couple of low $$$ Veterans at guard in FA how would everyone feel if we picked up DeVonta Smith at 14?

I like Ja’Mar Chase a little better, but that’s just my preference. DeVonta is dynamic. It would be a tough decision to take a WR that high, but I wouldn’t necessarily hate it.  If I had choice, I would forgo a WR at #14 and trade back. 

36 minutes ago, viking said:

I'm not ready to say low dollar veterans at the guard position is going to improve the offensive line.  I think the best plan is to trade down in the first and gain a 2nd and use both picks on the best IOL available it it is deemed that the fit the scheme and could start on day one.

• Like 2

I think that with the team restructuring Thielen’s contract, and essentially locking him in for the remainder of said contract (and likely his career), I would be pretty surprised if they drafted one of the top receivers. 

I’d bet that it’s more likely that they’d use that player to get a nice trade package. 

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Unless we’re throwing trash out there like Dru Samia, that seems very unlikely.

Doesn't seem that unlikely to draft another Samia in the middle rounds, only this time you'd be expecting him to start a a rookie

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Is a mid round Guard that much of a downgrade from Dozier last year? Cousins did just fine, he was actually quite good in November and December and Cook had a career year. I can’t fault the OL for Cousins atrocious play to start the year, that’s why we missed the playoffs.

Name a mid round starting OL this FO has had work out.....

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Depending upon what you're calling mid round...if you include 6th rd you have John Sullivan...and to a lesser degree, Brandon Fusco.

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Depending upon what you're calling mid round...if you include 6th rd you have John Sullivan...and to a lesser degree, Brandon Fusco.

Pat Elflein played well as a rookie, under Sparano and the offensive scheme that he was drafted to play in. 

I think the biggest issue with the Vikings failing to develop mid/late round o-linemen is directly related to how often they’ve had to change offensive coordinators and schemes. 

39 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

So just don't try is going to do what exactly?

We need one left guard and one left tackle and I find it more likely  the tackle gets taken round 1 then guard.

9 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

So just don't try is going to do what exactly?

We need one left guard and one left tackle and I find it more likely  the tackle gets taken round 1 then guard.

They very well could have Cleveland penciled in at LT. Would they take an OG at 14?