2021 Draft Talk

swede700

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d throw a 6th or 7th round pick at him and let him compete with Beebe. 

I’d be willing the bet just from how athletic he is, and how good he actually plays with his route running he will be a 2nd round pick. Hell, wouldn’t be surprised to see some mocks have him touch the 1st round.

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

hello Mr. Leatherwood

Why should I care what an offensive  lineman scores in the vertical jump?  I can see that it would be useful for receivers and DB's to be able to compete for a high ball, and perhaps DL's for blocking passes before they go past the line of scrimmage.  But, for the life of me, I can't figure what it shows in offensive linemen, who you NEVER want to leave their feet!!

3 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Why should I care what an offensive  lineman scores in the vertical jump?  I can see that it would be useful for receivers and DB's to be able to compete for a high ball, and perhaps DL's for blocking passes before they go past the line of scrimmage.  But, for the life of me, I can't figure what it shows in offensive linemen, who you NEVER want to leave their feet!!

Know, but it’s lower body and core strength to get that wait moving. Explosion scores. Means he’s an athlete. He can explode off the line. Hold his base. Typically leads to stamina for staying in a base. Just from wrestling from my experience, staying in a base is one of the toughest things to do when your tired. Guys like this can do it all day. I personally don’t care about height actually, but just the strength to get up and explode show me a lot.

3 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

It shows lower body explosion. Which is very important for linemen. 

13 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Know, but it’s lower body and core strength to get that wait moving. Explosion scores. Means he’s an athlete. He can explode off the line. Hold his base. Typically leads to stamina for staying in a base. Just from wrestling from my experience, staying in a base is one of the toughest things to do when your tired. Guys like this can do it all day. I personally don’t care about height actually, but just the strength to get up and explode show me a lot.

I've always seen the broad jump measurements as being a more meaningful indicator of horizontal projection.

4 minutes ago, babababa said:

I've always seen the broad jump measurements as being a more meaningful indicator of horizontal projection.

Probably is, we used to do a explosion score with all these added up, to actually calculate the score. Actually panned out pretty well, someone still does it on Twitter, at least used to during the combine. 

6 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

@Ozzy must be happy with those numbers. He’s been banging the table for Leatherwood for quite sometime now. Is he worth the 14th overall pick? Does his tape match his numbers? 

Dancing-Gif-to-Be-Happy-2.gif?w=690&ssl=

AdolescentAnotherIberiannase-size_restri

I would love him as a guard for the Vikings with OT versatility if need be.  If Cleveland sucks at LT Leatherwood could play it or O'Neill could move over.  Or they could keep him as a OG and is athletic enough to play in the system with these numbers.  I have had him rated as one of the best OL prospects since the start of the year and still do not get why so many think he is not even a top 50 player.  

• Like 1