2021 Draft Talk

swede700

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

I still can’t imagine 4 QBs being taken with the first 4 picks. Why this year of all years when it’s considered a down year for the QB position? 

3 is pretty much a given though right? Or could the Jets really want someone else? 

On the day the Cincinnati Bengals won big thanks to a blockbuster NFL draft trade between the Miami Dolphins and San Francisco 49ers, a report surfaced suggesting the Bengals had previously talked with the 49ers about a blockbuster trade of their own.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Bengals were one of the teams the 49ers talked with while looking for ways to trade up: “49ers have been attempting to move into top five picks for several weeks now, per sources. They discussed trading up with Dolphins at 3, Falcons at 4, Bengals at 5 and ultimately decided to go as high as they could, per sources. There were no trade-up talks with the Jets at 2.”

Instead, the 49ers struck a trade with the Dolphins to earn the third pick. Those Dolphins then secured a trade with the Eagles to move back up to six.

Long story short, it has been obvious the Bengals would field calls for the fifth pick and likely at least entertained the idea of a trade with the 49ers — which would have moved them down to 12th.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/26/bengals-discussed-trade-49ers-fifth-pick-2021-nfl-draft/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverickTony&fbclid=IwAR3n5KgUvmOvnEOTUsKqKi0912aL-gjiha7J6JrhTD5twwmMQVaQmMT-1WE

are we interested in having the #5 pick...?

If you haven’t watched WR Simi Fehoko you’re missing out.

ht/wt 6’4 222lbs

hand size 10 1/4

40 4.37

3 cone 6.78

He’s going to continue to progress. We could use him as a big slot WR with the ability to bully smaller CBs and provide a deep threat. In the past 15 games he’s played he’s had 8 games with a catch that went for over 40 yards. 

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

are we interested in having the #5 pick...?

Only for Sewell, I'd think. He's a HOF type talent at an incredibly important position. Only guy I think we'd be able to justify giving up a lot of picks for. Especially without a 2nd rounder this year. 

6 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Only for Sewell, I'd think. He's a HOF type talent at an incredibly important position. Only guy I think we'd be able to justify giving up a lot of picks for. Especially without a 2nd rounder this year. 

The bad news is, in order to trade up to the 5th overall spot would require all of our draft capital this upcoming draft:

5th overall = 1700 pts

R1 = 1100  R3a = 200  R3b =140  R4a = 56  R4b = 47  R4c = 39  R4d = 34.5  R5a = 27  R5b = 22.6 R6 = 10.2 for a total of 1676.3 pts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, perrynoid said:

The bad news is, in order to trade up to the 5th overall spot would require all of our draft capital this upcoming draft:

5th overall = 1700 pts

R1 = 1100  R3a = 200  R3b =140  R4a = 56  R4b = 47  R4c = 39  R4d = 34.5  R5a = 27  R5b = 22.6 R6 = 10.2 for a total of 1676.3 pts.

I think you'd clearly have to use future picks.  And are you trading that many picks for a non-QB?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think you'd clearly have to use future picks.  And are you trading that many picks for a non-QB?

I think you are right, we'd have to use/include future picks.  One would hope we would not trade that many picks for a non-QB.

Just now, perrynoid said:

I think you are right, we'd have to use/include future picks.  One would hope we would not trade that many picks for a non-QB.

I mean, I get the appeal of having someone like Sewell that you think you can plug into the LT for the next decade, but that's a TON of draft capital for a non-QB.  Personally, I couldn't justify that kind of package.

• Like 2