2021 Draft Talk

swede700

Assuming the draft goes something like;

1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Jones (just based off of recent rumor)
4. Lance
5. Sewell
6. Chase
7. Waddle
8. Fields
9. Parsons
10. Farley
11. Slater
12. Pitts
13. Darrisaw

Minnesota sends 14(1st)

Jacksonville sends 33(2nd), 45(2nd), 130(5th), 170(6th)

Is that too far of a trade down for people? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I would say any and all of the ones who will be drafted by a team that doesn’t have a strong roster, or the building blocks to build a strong roster, around them. 

However, looking at the teams that are poised to draft a QB, I could see this class turning out to be something similar to the 2003 draft class. 

Quite frankly, of the top 4 teams that I expect to take a QB, Lawrence in Jacksonville is the one I’d be the most concerned about. I think it was an absolute disaster of a decision for Jacksonville to hire Urban Meyer. 

Urban Meyer made a mistake hiring that former Iowa Strength and Conditioning coach granted.  But the moves they have made and the hires he has made other than that have been solid.  Charlie Strong brought in, Darrell Bevell the OC, Joe Cullen as the DC and brought in Chris Ash etc.

Bringing in Shaq Griffin CB was a solid move, Robertson-Harris from the Bears helps in the switch to the 3/4 defense which is better for the guys they have.  Marvin Jones helps at WR and Jenkins at safety, not to mention having a crap ton of draft picks which if they hit on they will be in good shape.  And hard to be in bad shape with Trevor Lawrence, a big strong athletic QB who can run with a cannon for an arm.  

Urban is an outstanding communicator and motivator, he is a tough guy and his teams have always been tough.  Been a little wishy washy with retiring as a coach or never coaching again and saying it then gets back into the game.  But he is a great motivator and could do fine in the NFL.  Now is he Pete Carroll and will win a Super Bowl, I doubt it but will see.  Either way is better than what they go and with all the picks they have would be hard to mess it up.  They have 5 selections in the first 65 picks.  

I could see the Jets being a rough win spot if they do not get a run game or improve that OL which they have not really done either thing this off season.  

15 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Rousseau would have been the Danielle Hunter of this draft, but apparently is too slow...at least today, anyway.

For some reason, I'm thinking Rousseau is going to be that inevitable Everson/Danielle type that's going to be a 1st rd talent, but will fall and could be available to the Vikings in the 3rd.

19 minutes ago, swede700 said:

For some reason, I'm thinking Rousseau is going to be that inevitable Everson/Danielle type that's going to be a 1st rd talent, but will fall and could be available to the Vikings in the 3rd.

Edited by SemperFeist

1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
4. Lance
5. Sewell
6. Chase
7. Waddle
8. Fields
9. Parsons
10. Farley
11. Slater
12. Pitts
13. Darrisaw

Minnesota sends 14(1st)

It would be for me.  I don't mind trading down and hopefully picking up a 2nd round pick, but I wouldn't want to drop out of the 1st round altogether.

1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
4. Lance
5. Sewell
6. Chase
7. Waddle
8. Fields
9. Parsons
10. Farley
11. Slater
12. Pitts
13. Darrisaw

Minnesota sends 14(1st)

I think I'd need a little more to trade down, change that 5th to a 4th and I'd take it. We could pick up an impact edge defender and one of the better IOL in the class. then BPA through the mid rounds