Jump to content

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Seems like the kind of draft where we may “overdraft” an OL at 14 right before a potential run on OL. Didn’t we see this during the Brian O’Neill draft. Took Mike Hughes instead of OL in round one because there was none left. That’s just the feeling I get given all of the mentioned OL talent in the mid to late 20s. I’m fine taking one of those players at 14 honestly as value continues to be the justification for not looking at OL early. Given there isn’t a second round pick to grab one later, I think it’s pertinent to find a way to get one day one. But I’m not complaining if they end up with a pass rusher either.

When I've done mocks this year, if I trade down them I usually miss on a couple after AZ and Las Vegas take OL.  Might be better to say to hell with value and take our top OL right at 14.  I'd honestly be happy with any of Slater, Darrisaw, or Vera-Tucker. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Seems like the kind of draft where we may “overdraft” an OL at 14 right before a potential run on OL. Didn’t we see this during the Brian O’Neill draft. Took Mike Hughes instead of OL in round one because there was none left. That’s just the feeling I get given all of the mentioned OL talent in the mid to late 20s. I’m fine taking one of those players at 14 honestly as value continues to be the justification for not looking at OL early. Given there isn’t a second round pick to grab one later, I think it’s pertinent to find a way to get one day one. But I’m not complaining if they end up with a pass rusher either.

Yeah pass rusher I would be fine with but Paye had great workout numbers but has never really done amazing job at rushing the passer and is only 6-2.  Phillips is a beast but physically he could breakdown at any time and he did retire from football because of all the injuries before changing his mind and going to Miami.  Rousseau is talented but did not workout like Phillips did, is the more safe prospect because he does not have the injury history but does not have the thick build Phillips does or the great athletic numbers.  And Barmore not sure he worked out that well to be worth that high of a pick and with Tomlinson signing with the Vikings makes it probably not very likely they get Barmore.  Maybe Azeez Ojulari makes sense and is worth that high of a pick, awesome athlete but might be more of a 3/4 OLB than a 4/3 DE.  Still he could be a pass rush option also but again can he hold up like a down DE and not a 3/4 OLB?  Then there is Oweh but not sure I would be down getting him that high but had an amazing workout but again not much pass rush production and there is risk there.

 

So not sure getting a pass rusher is an option either.  Sure anything can happen but it almost has to be Slater, Vera-Tucker, Leatherwood or Darrisaw and that is it.  Really I would be fine with any of them honestly and just move on.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

When I've done mocks this year, if I trade down them I usually miss on a couple after AZ and Las Vegas take OL.  Might be better to say to hell with value and take our top OL right at 14.  I'd honestly be happy with any of Slater, Darrisaw, or Vera-Tucker. 

tenor.gif

 

I basically just said that same time you did, I added Leatherwood in that group though but yeah basically same thing.

 

 

PS Might through Teven Jenkins in that mix, dude plays angry aggressive football and is tough so he is in the conversation as well.  

Edited by Ozzy
Link to post
Share on other sites

I want the Vikings to find a way to draft Teven Jenkins and Landon Dickerson. 

Beyond there obvious talent, this team desperately needs the mentality and attitude that they both bring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I want the Vikings to find a way to draft Teven Jenkins and Landon Dickerson. 

Beyond there obvious talent, this team desperately needs the mentality and attitude that they both bring. 

With Jenkins workout today, how could he not be in the conversation for @#14?   

I didn't know much about the guy, but sounds like he's a Kyle Turley clone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Seems like the kind of draft where we may “overdraft” an OL at 14 right before a potential run on OL. Didn’t we see this during the Brian O’Neill draft. Took Mike Hughes instead of OL in round one because there was none left. That’s just the feeling I get given all of the mentioned OL talent in the mid to late 20s. I’m fine taking one of those players at 14 honestly as value continues to be the justification for not looking at OL early. Given there isn’t a second round pick to grab one later, I think it’s pertinent to find a way to get one day one. But I’m not complaining if they end up with a pass rusher either.

A long term starter is worth plenty at 14. I'd trade 14 for an OL that was a good starter for 4 to 6 years......

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vikings tried to trade up in last year’s draft to take Wirfs. While a lot of the talk has been about trading down to amass picks, a trade up for a tackle like Sewel or Slater would not surprise me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The Vikings tried to trade up in last year’s draft to take Wirfs. While a lot of the talk has been about trading down to amass picks, a trade up for a tackle like Sewel or Slater would not surprise me. 

Are we sure that it's not more likely that he's looking at Jevon Holland?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Are we sure that it's not more likely that he's looking at Jevon Holland?

I'd imagine both would be in play if available.   Sewell, Holland,  probably Graham and Lenoir but idk if they draft a corner anymore.   Verdell?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Are we sure that it's not more likely that he's looking at Jevon Holland?

Certainly a possibility, but the fact that Spielman has personally been to the pro days of just about every highly ranked O-lineman, I’m guessing this was similar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still love the idea of somehow pick swapping with the Ravens looking to find a WR falling or any other position and pick up Orlando Brown. I would probably guess there’s a shot we add another mid rounder to it. 
 

but...

Adding Orlando Brown and another Interior lineman with that first rounder sounds fantastic. Pipe dreams.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

126F65F6-10C9-463E-933B-2EA51D4C5499.png

How does Teven Jenkins fall to the 2nd round when he will be a 1st round pick?

Much less Onwuzurike in what the 3rd when he will at worst be a 2nd rounder.  Or Jamin Davis in the 3rd round when he is a 2nd rounder.  

 

Would be an amazing draft but not realistic.  Hainsey in the 4th round and Janarius in the late 6th?  

 

Having Cleveland and Jenkins would flat out be amazing, especially Jenkins.  With his nasty aggressive play he could be in play for the Vikings at 14th overall.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah kind of want this #73 guy, and if we do not take him the Bears easily could.  

 

giphy.gif

 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

 

 

LT Teven Jenkins
LG Dozier / Mason Cole
C Bradbury / Mason Cole
RG Ezra Cleveland / Samia
RT Brian O'Neill

 

Would not be an awful group, and Jenkins with his strength and aggression could maybe go into guard if Cleveland can handle LT.  Or O'Neill move to LT but not totally sure about that.  Leatherwood I think has a bit more athletic ability and versatile but Jenkins is tougher and a more physical blocker.  Leatherwood I would have more faith in him as a guard but if Vikings are for sure sold on Cleveland sticking at guard Jenkins could be a nasty RT if O'Neill can switch to LT.  

 

Teven Jenkins ran a 5.01 but also have seen a 4.96 time which is what Leatherwood had.  Jenkins did a super impressive 36 reps at 225.  Really wish Leatherwood did that test but sure he did not want to with his massive wingspan and arm length which makes it a lot harder.  

Then again in the zone blocking scheme maybe the Vikings do not want a mauler type even though sure would be fun to have one.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...