2021 Draft Talk

swede700

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

74DD74B5-94F2-44FA-8521-D6B8CA8D0935.jpe

How would people feel about that trade?

I would not mind it, is not really giving up a ton and if they really like Slater is probably the only way to get him.  I know in this forum mock Slater fell to the Vikings and we took him.  But not sure that would happen in real life, Philadelphia or the Chargers would get him.  

Move up to #9 and get a shot at not only Slater but Parsons, Waddle, Surtain, and maybe even Pitts or Mac Jones as a trade to someone.  So tons of options and elite players who would all be gone when the Vikings pick at 14.  

It would be a great trade to make.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Really the top 4 athletes in this RAS score are all this year?  Spencer Brown had good times but they are not that out of this world, he must get more points for being 6-8 because there are many OL prospects with better times than he had in a few categories.  That 3 cone is impressive but Ezra ran faster and had more reps in the bench and did not dominate or something athletically on the field last year.  

Brown, Cosmi was way up there based on his RAS score, and I believe there was one more that has slipped my mind.  Brown gets a big boost based on his height and RAS is certainly not everything.   

Either way, a guy like Slater or AVT with inside-out flexibility and likely another OG is a must.  Probably another corner now as well.

3 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Brown, Cosmi was way up there based on his RAS score, and I believe there was one more that has slipped my mind.  Brown gets a big boost based on his height and RAS is certainly not everything.   

Either way, a guy like Slater or AVT with inside-out flexibility and likely another OG is a must.  Probably another corner now as well.

Another corner for the Vikings?  With Alexander coming back and bringing in Peterson not sure CB is as big of a need, safety is a far bigger need than corner to me.  

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Another corner for the Vikings?  With Alexander coming back and bringing in Peterson not sure CB is as big of a need, safety is a far bigger need than corner to me.  

I was referring to the Gladney news.  I agree they might still be fine with PP, Dantzler, Alexander, Boyd, Hand. 

I think they will go OL, Edge then BPA safety, DT, OL2,  them CB and WR depth.  But Zim loves corners and if Gladney is lost it might rocket up the priority list

4 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

I was referring to the Gladney news.  I agree they might still be fine with PP, Dantzler, Alexander, Boyd, Hand. 

I think they will go OL, Edge then BPA safety, DT, OL2,  them CB and WR depth.  But Zim loves corners and if Gladney is lost it might rocket up the priority list

Oh I never heard that news yet, sucks and dude could easily be cut because of it.  So yeah CB is a need for sure with Gladney is done.

I doubt that the Gladney news impacts the draft strategy much. 

The team was likely going to find a CB on day 3 to compete with the likes of Boyd and Hand, if he remains at CB. And I don’t think that’ll change, there just might be less of a competition for that final spot. 

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The team was likely going to find a CB on day 3 to compete with the likes of Boyd and Hand, if he remains at CB. And I don’t think that’ll change, there just might be less of a competition for that final spot. 

I think it changes it big time, especially if they cut Gladney which could easily happen.  Vikings to me were not going to target a CB before this happened, now they almost have to.

Trill Williams, Marco Wilson and Bryce Thompson should all be targets for the Vikings at CB in the 5th round.  Especially Trill who could be a safety as well potentially, well I guess same with Bryce Thompson and those two can tackle aggressively with force.   

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think it changes it big time, especially if they cut Gladney which could easily happen.  Vikings to me were not going to target a CB before this happened, now they almost have to.

Unless a video comes out that causes a PR nightmare, I doubt that Gladney gets cut. But even if he does get cut the roster is still comprised of PP, Dantzler, Alexander, Hughes, and Boyd. There’s still no need to draft a CB on day one or day two with that group of corners. 

26 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s cut tomorrow. Let’s see if the Vikes can own their word when they say they want to draft and employee good people. 

CB is most definitely a priority now unless you trust Peterson, Dantzler and Alexander as your top 3.

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s cut tomorrow. Let’s see if the Vikes can own their word when they say they want to draft and employee good people. 

CB is most definitely a priority now unless you trust Peterson, Dantzler and Alexander as your top 3.

I absolutely trust that top 3.  That’s easily a top 10 CB group.  Peterson will return to form with a pass rush.  Not worried at all.  1st round should still be BPA no matter what.

40 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Is there any detail on what happened? Seems a little premature to cut him now imo

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is there any detail on what happened? Seems a little premature to cut him now imo

Gladney is accused of assaulting his 22-year-old girlfriend on Friday after he became upset over her text messages.

Gladney tried "shoving" the woman's face toward her phone to try to use its Face ID to unlock the phone, "pulling [her] by her hair trying to hold her still."

Gladney struck her "with closed fists, causing pain in the side of her ribs, in the stomach and the back, and hitting her with an open hand across the head."

She also accused Gladney of "strangling [her] by the neck, which impeded her breathing for approximately 5 seconds" after returning to an apartment complex in Dallas. The woman alleged that Gladney later grabbed her by her hair while the vehicle was moving and dragged her across the ground.

Sounds very bad actually, sure could be lies but not if the woman is injury and I am sure she probably is.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Yeah not 1st or 3rd round but 4th or 5th CB is in play.  Especially if they do end up cutting last years 1st round pick.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Gladney is accused of assaulting his 22-year-old girlfriend on Friday after he became upset over her text messages.

Gladney tried "shoving" the woman's face toward her phone to try to use its Face ID to unlock the phone, "pulling [her] by her hair trying to hold her still."

Gladney struck her "with closed fists, causing pain in the side of her ribs, in the stomach and the back, and hitting her with an open hand across the head."

She also accused Gladney of "strangling [her] by the neck, which impeded her breathing for approximately 5 seconds" after returning to an apartment complex in Dallas. The woman alleged that Gladney later grabbed her by her hair while the vehicle was moving and dragged her across the ground.

Sounds very bad actually, sure could be lies but not if the woman is injury and I am sure she probably is.

Yeah not 1st or 3rd round but 4th or 5th CB is in play.  Especially if they do end up cutting last years 1st round pick.

That's messed up if true.