Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Raiders sign OL Sam Young

Recommended Posts

I liked him as a ND fan, but thought he had questionable agility for LT but he seemes to have played both LT and RT in the league.  Not a bad signing, hopefully he replaces Parker or Parker takes two steps this camp.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice camp competition signing. He has played in 92 games (21 starts) so he should be able to push Parker for that last OT spot. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Nice camp competition signing. He has played in 92 games (21 starts) so he should be able to push Parker for that last OT spot. 

Good break down, basically sums it up. Exactly what I wanted, a cheap vet to challenge Parker to step his game up. Maybe we cut those scrubs to sign a few cheap vets 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Good break down, basically sums it up. Exactly what I wanted, a cheap vet to challenge Parker to step his game up. Maybe we cut those scrubs to sign a few cheap vets 

We gotta get going on cutting these CFL and career PS guys and signing vets.  Now that FAs don’t count towards the compensatory pick formula teams are starting to fill out there rosters with the remaining FAs.  I don’t expect every position to be filled because we should leave A few spaces for guys who get cut but we need to sign a good 6 veterans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

We gotta get going on cutting these CFL and career PS guys and signing vets.  Now that FAs don’t count towards the compensatory pick formula teams are starting to fill out there rosters with the remaining FAs.  I don’t expect every position to be filled because we should leave A few spaces for guys who get cut but we need to sign a good 6 veterans.

Would really like one of those to be a legitimate RB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Totty said:

Would really like one of those to be a legitimate RB.  

I’ve been ranting that for weeks now.  Are we waiting for Carlos Hyde to take a 1yr, 2.5M deal elsewhere and then no one is out there.  I really fear they think Bowden is good for 100 carries and Richard is good for 50ish.  
that’d be a big mistake.  We can’t run Jacobs into the ground.  Adding a nice RB too does so many things for us.  
Honestly, at this point I’d even throw a 6th rounder to GB for Jamal Williams. We have Chicago’s 7th for Eddie Pinero, so reading a 6th isn’t a big deal at all.  He isn’t a starter but he’s an ideal RB2.  He runs hard and is good receiving.  He has a few flaws but he’d cost little in a trade and is still on a rookie deal, albeit last year.

Im starting to wonder if any of the RBs who stayed in school declare for the supplemental draft, due to covid.  I was suprised Eteinne (Clemson), Harris (Alabama), and K.Hill (miss st) didn’t declare.  This RB class could have been nearly as deep as the WRs.  We really only need a stop gap RB2 for this year then should draft one in the 3rd round or so.  There’s so nice talents next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So does Sam Young beat out Parker? Or do neither make it onto the 53 man roster and we go with just Sharpe as a backup LT+RT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’ve been ranting that for weeks now.  Are we waiting for Carlos Hyde to take a 1yr, 2.5M deal elsewhere and then no one is out there.  I really fear they think Bowden is good for 100 carries and Richard is good for 50ish.  
that’d be a big mistake.  We can’t run Jacobs into the ground.  Adding a nice RB too does so many things for us.  
Honestly, at this point I’d even throw a 6th rounder to GB for Jamal Williams. We have Chicago’s 7th for Eddie Pinero, so reading a 6th isn’t a big deal at all.  He isn’t a starter but he’s an ideal RB2.  He runs hard and is good receiving.  He has a few flaws but he’d cost little in a trade and is still on a rookie deal, albeit last year.

Im starting to wonder if any of the RBs who stayed in school declare for the supplemental draft, due to covid.  I was suprised Eteinne (Clemson), Harris (Alabama), and K.Hill (miss st) didn’t declare.  This RB class could have been nearly as deep as the WRs.  We really only need a stop gap RB2 for this year then should draft one in the 3rd round or so.  There’s so nice talents next year.

If i'm Carlos Hyde, i have no interest signing with the Raiders. This ain't a one way street. Hyde is probably looking for a team where he can potentially earn a bigger role than he would with LV. Only chance for him to get significant carries with the Raiders is Jacobs being out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

We gotta get going on cutting these CFL and career PS guys and signing vets.  Now that FAs don’t count towards the compensatory pick formula teams are starting to fill out there rosters with the remaining FAs.  I don’t expect every position to be filled because we should leave A few spaces for guys who get cut but we need to sign a good 6 veterans.

We don't have the money. One or two vet minimum guys maybe.

The salary cap will drop significantly next year as well (possibly), we cannot be signing guys with any money guaranteed in future years.

I was reading that Logan Ryan wants close to what he got last year (10 mill). 

We have 8 mill in cap space, have to sign draft picks, and leave room for the season. For the most part, what we have is what we are rolling with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’ve been ranting that for weeks now.  Are we waiting for Carlos Hyde to take a 1yr, 2.5M deal elsewhere and then no one is out there.  I really fear they think Bowden is good for 100 carries and Richard is good for 50ish.  
that’d be a big mistake.  We can’t run Jacobs into the ground.  Adding a nice RB too does so many things for us.  
Honestly, at this point I’d even throw a 6th rounder to GB for Jamal Williams. We have Chicago’s 7th for Eddie Pinero, so reading a 6th isn’t a big deal at all.  He isn’t a starter but he’s an ideal RB2.  He runs hard and is good receiving.  He has a few flaws but he’d cost little in a trade and is still on a rookie deal, albeit last year.

Im starting to wonder if any of the RBs who stayed in school declare for the supplemental draft, due to covid.  I was suprised Eteinne (Clemson), Harris (Alabama), and K.Hill (miss st) didn’t declare.  This RB class could have been nearly as deep as the WRs.  We really only need a stop gap RB2 for this year then should draft one in the 3rd round or so.  There’s so nice talents next year.

Williams I feel at RB would be an excellent addition, we dont really need a versatile back as we have Richard and Bowden who will get receptions and split out etc. We need a thumper maybe to just take the wear off Jacobs and perhaps as important a guy to come in so that the defence wont feel its getting a break or a rest, Williams will run hard and the D wont relish seeing him come in the game. As you've said before prolong Jacob's career and hopefully keep him healthy and fresh for the playoffs 😁

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’ve been ranting that for weeks now.  Are we waiting for Carlos Hyde to take a 1yr, 2.5M deal elsewhere and then no one is out there.  I really fear they think Bowden is good for 100 carries and Richard is good for 50ish.  
that’d be a big mistake.  We can’t run Jacobs into the ground.  Adding a nice RB too does so many things for us.  
Honestly, at this point I’d even throw a 6th rounder to GB for Jamal Williams. We have Chicago’s 7th for Eddie Pinero, so reading a 6th isn’t a big deal at all.  He isn’t a starter but he’s an ideal RB2.  He runs hard and is good receiving.  He has a few flaws but he’d cost little in a trade and is still on a rookie deal, albeit last year.

Im starting to wonder if any of the RBs who stayed in school declare for the supplemental draft, due to covid.  I was suprised Eteinne (Clemson), Harris (Alabama), and K.Hill (miss st) didn’t declare.  This RB class could have been nearly as deep as the WRs.  We really only need a stop gap RB2 for this year then should draft one in the 3rd round or so.  There’s so nice talents next year.

Just sign Jonathan Williams

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

So does Sam Young beat out Parker? Or do neither make it onto the 53 man roster and we go with just Sharpe as a backup LT+RT.

Seems to me the better question is whether the coaching staff will even give him a legitimate opportunity? From everything I've seen from him so far, Parker should not be on an NFL roster. Being a Cable pet project has kept him around imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

We gotta get going on cutting these CFL and career PS guys and signing vets.  Now that FAs don’t count towards the compensatory pick formula teams are starting to fill out there rosters with the remaining FAs.  I don’t expect every position to be filled because we should leave A few spaces for guys who get cut but we need to sign a good 6 veterans.

I believe 2 of those CFL guys were all stars. Kinda interested to see them in camp. Would like to sign RB,  9th DL, LB...... maybe one more safety for competition or convert a CB.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...