Potential Midseason Trades

Big T

10 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

His traits being... Size/physicality?

I just posted some stats to illustrate the similarities with Robby. I agree that he "Should" be able to create more plays, but the reality is he hasn't shown that to this point in his career. All this talk about him being a more complete WR is based on assumptions, not productivity. 

Sorry about that. lol.

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The biggest difference though you’re leaving out. Robby has had every opportunity to show he’s more. Perriman hasn’t bc of injuries and where he was on the depth chart bc of those injuries. So while you can knock his injuries... to compare his stats to Robbys isn’t apples to apples. 

How is it unfair to compare statistics from last season when both guys were playing? It's a not like I'm looking at career #s to compare total yards or something entirely arbitrary. When Perriman has been healthy, he's been one dimensional... Pretty simple. 

Also, I've acknowledged the potential is there so it's not like I'm discrediting him because of a lack of opportunity. As far as Robby goes, he's had every opportunity catching passes from... Petty, Hackenberg, McCown and Falk among others. Fair to assume our carousel of QBs has impeded said opportunities. 

Giving Perriman the benefit of the doubt is one thing, but it's still possible to evaluate the guy when he has played.

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

How is it unfair to compare statistics from last season when both guys were playing? It's a not like I'm looking at career #s to compare total yards or something entirely arbitrary. When Perriman has been healthy, he's been one dimensional... Pretty simple. 

Also, I've acknowledged the potential is there so it's not like I'm discrediting him because of a lack of opportunity. As far as Robby goes, he's had every opportunity catching passes from... Petty, Hackenberg, McCown and Falk among others. Fair to assume our carousel of QBs has impeded said opportunities. 

Giving Perriman the benefit of the doubt is one thing, but it's still possible to evaluate the guy when he has played.

It’s comparing a teams #1 WR to a teams #3 WR

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s comparing a teams #1 WR to a teams #3 WR

You're missing the point. 

That would only be relevant if I was comparing them for the purpose of determining who the better player is, but I'm not. I'm comparing specific statistics to shed light on the type of player he is. The actual overall comparison is besides the point - I was just trying to add perspective seeing as everyone knows Robby to be a one-trick pony.

I understand what you're getting at - With more opportunity Perriman can be a more complete WR. I'm not necessarily disagreeing. Thing is, he's still had plenty of opportunity to showcase the type of player he is.. And to this point, that's been a one dimensional threat similar to Robby. Doesn't mean he can't improve, but all this talk about him being the more versatile player isn't exactly true, at least not yet. 

Edited by NJC33

14 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Perriman's final 3 games last year should show why he could do more than one trick pony WR.  Use speed against Lions.  No speed against better defense Texans. Number one material against Falcons.

Exactly just look at his body and you can see he can do more. Robby was never built to go across the middle. Perriman is. It’s just how a guy is built. Think DJax. Was he a weapon? Ya but in a limited capacity. Some players have a bigger capacity.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Again, this just simply isn't true.. 

• Average yards per target: 16.1(4th)
  • Yards per reception: 17.9 (5th) 
  • YAC above expectation: -2 (LAST!!) 

For comparison.. Robby: 

• Average yards per target: 15.3 (7th)
  • Yards per reception: 15 (20th) 
  • YAC above expectation: -.02

This idea that Perriman is going to come here and provide more flexibility is misleading - He's been the same one dimensional threat Robby was, if not worse. Doesn't mean he can't improve, but assuming he's a more complete WR is purely speculation to this point. 

Oh stats. 

Watch the film. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Oh stats. 

Watch the film. 

Lol.. In other words, you've got no better response. 

You act like you're the only one with access to NFL game pass - I've watched plenty of Perriman recently.Tell me, is it just a coincidence that his YAC above expectation happens to be last in the league? His average yards per target among the highest?

The statistics don't fit your agenda so they must be wrong.. 

5 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

You act like you're the only one with access to NFL game pass - I've watched plenty of Perriman recently.Tell me, is it just a coincidence that his YAC above expectation happens to be last in the league? His average yards per target among the highest?

So what exactly are you debating. That Robby is way better than Perriman?

Just now, NJC33 said:

Huh? Not at all. 

Simply that Perriman isn't the more complete WR he's being made out to be.

Gotcha. I don’t agree but I’ll play along with it. But even if you think he isn’t a complete WR... how is Robby one? We just watched him for 4yrs and he never gained the weight to take his game to a physical side and his route tree was limited. So even if you think Perriman isn’t complete. That doesn’t make Robby even close to complete.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Gotcha. I don’t agree but I’ll play along with it. But even if you think he isn’t a complete WR... how is Robby one? We just watched him for 4yrs and he never gained the weight to take his game to a physical side and his route tree was limited. So even if you think Perriman isn’t complete. That doesn’t make Robby even close to complete.

I never said Robby was?

Quite the opposite actually.. Point being, Perriman has shown to be the same one dimensional threat Robby was. Any talk about him being a more complete WR is an assumption/projection based on his size/physicality. I posted very relevant statistics that demonstrate his style of play, but I guess they're meaningless because they don't fit a certain agenda.

53 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

We’re discussing ability. 

Robby had a huge catch vs Dallas. 92 yarder. He caught the ball at the 50 and ran the final 50 yards. 

Stats would show he had 50 yards after the catch but he was behind the defense already, he didn’t create after the catch. 

So if you just pull up stats and say “that’s not true” you’re missing huge parts of the context that those stats show. 

Watch the film, you’ll see more than checking pro football reference.