Potential Midseason Trades

Big T

The Frank Gore signing could be an ominous sign that Bell's days are coming to an end.

Lets face it, Gore was Gase's choice last year and Bell wasn't.

Furthermore if the line holds up, and Bell is having a good season, knowing that the Jets are not beholding to him in 2021.

He becomes a very tradable chip for a team looking for an edge going into the playoffs.

The Jets had discussions about trading Bell last year, who knows how close they came, or in fact perhaps the compensation wasn't worth it.

But should Bell be moving the chains and the Jets still are struggling to make it to the playoffs, then Bell could fetch a reasonable draft pick in exchange for his services.

Marcus Maye could also find himself a half season bargaining chip seeing as they drafted Davis.

Davis could find himself being seasoned by the midseason point then take over for Maye.

These two moves prior to the 2021 draft would give the Jets much needed draft capital.

The Jets already have 9 picks for 2021 and if things go the way I think.

That sum could go up to 12.

Perine also factors into this move. The Jets will more than likely add a RB next year on the second day of the draft as well as a Center perphaps in the first round.

I believe Bell's days are numbered, and the haul for the Jets if all goes well could wind up being a couple of day 2 picks.

At this point in Frank's career, I don't think anyone sign him with the expectations of starting. Perine was a good pick, but he didn't do much to be viewed as an early starter. So I don't think Bell will be moved unless Perine goes off in preseason. 

Maye, I think there is a good chance he may be traded out of everyone. I don't like the idea of trading him but I'm having a hard time seeing JD pay him and Adams after picking Davis in the third. 

I'll be watching Winters and Williamson this preseason. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

JuJu is a guy to keep an eye on. Pitt has said they’re letting him walk. And with us having money, a need at WR and his history with Sam... it makes a lot of sense

Is he going to be a FA? Imagine signing him then drafting an Edge. Wow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

JuJu is a guy to keep an eye on. Pitt has said they’re letting him walk. And with us having money, a need at WR and his history with Sam... it makes a lot of sense

Out of all the moves I've been hearing about recently, this might be my favorite. Takes pressure off Crowder and Mims (While he develops). Bell, Juju, Mims, Crowder, Herndon and an improved oline should be great around Sam. Juju struggled with injuries and being the #1 target, but we know what he can potentially do. 

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Out of all the moves I've been hearing about recently, this might be my favorite. Takes pressure off Crowder and Mims (While he develops). Bell, Juju, Mims, Crowder, Herndon and an improved oline should be great around Sam. Juju struggled with injuries and being the #1 target, but we know what he can potentially do. 

You left Perriman out 

18 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm still very much in the JuJu is a top 10 WR group. He struggled last year because he had a terrible service. He dethroned AB for a reason, and he's going to be an expensive acquisition if we let him play out the season with Big Ben back.

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'm still very much in the JuJu is a top 10 WR group. He struggled last year because he had a terrible service. He dethroned AB for a reason, and he's going to be an expensive acquisition if we let him play out the season with Big Ben back.

Because he's 23, I'm comfortable with tossing our 2nd rounder for him. We would be getting a long term proven answer at WR. I think he needed a rough year like he faced last season. I feel like he's the type that will learn a lot from it and play with a chip on his shoulder after what happened in Pitt. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

JuJu for Maye and a mid rounder is a steal. And lock him up long term as part of the deal.

Darnold might make himself pregnant from excitement

lol Don't say that. 2020 is so wild, it might be possible for him to get pregnant. 

If the Steelers get off to a bad start, I could see them shopping Juju. He’s likely going to want something around $15M per year. They won’t get a ton for him mid season though. Amari Cooper went for a 1st midseason but he wasn’t set to hit FA. Jets somehow got a 3rd and a 5th for Leo.