Potential Midseason Trades

Big T

24 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I never said Robby was?

Quite the opposite actually.. Point being, Perriman has shown to be the same one dimensional threat Robby was. Any talk about him being a more complete WR is an assumption/projection based on his size/physicality. I posted very relevant statistics that demonstrate his style of play, but I guess they're meaningless because they don't fit a certain agenda.

Stats can be skewed anyway you want them to be. Has Robby out produced Perriman? Of course he has. But that’s doesn’t show the skill set that each offers. Just bc teams used Perriman perhaps wrong, doesn’t mean he can’t do things. Where as Robby is actually physically limited as a player. He’s not built to play tough. Just won’t ever happen for him. Where Perriman for starters needs to stay healthy. And from there can demonstrator his skill set. But to just go by stats of what they’ve done is looking at exactly that “just stats” when if you look at what each guy in fact offers. That’s not the case.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We’re discussing ability. 

Robby had a huge catch vs Dallas. 92 yarder. He caught the ball at the 50 and ran the final 50 yards. 

Stats would show he had 50 yards after the catch but he was behind the defense already, he didn’t create after the catch. 

So if you just pull up stats and say “that’s not true” you’re missing huge parts of the context that those stats show. 

Watch the film, you’ll see more than checking pro football reference. 

Again with the assumption that you're the only one who watches film lol.

YAC above expectation is literally a statistic created for the exact scenario you just described, but still meaningless because it doesn't fit your agenda? 

Maybe try supporting your own opinion next time instead of discrediting others because you feel some level of entitlement.. 

48 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Stats can be skewed anyway you want them to be. Has Robby out produced Perriman? Of course he has. But that’s doesn’t show the skill set that each offers. Just bc teams used Perriman perhaps wrong, doesn’t mean he can’t do things. Where as Robby is actually physically limited as a player. He’s not built to play tough. Just won’t ever happen for him. Where Perriman for starters needs to stay healthy. And from there can demonstrator his skill set. But to just go by stats of what they’ve done is looking at exactly that “just stats” when if you look at what each guy in fact offers. That’s not the case.

So.. Three NFL teams and UCF all used Perriman in the wrong way?

This isn't just about statistics - Perriman was labeled a one dimensional threat coming out of college and hasn't developed into much more. Whether or not injuries have played a role is besides the point I'm trying to make. I think you're getting too caught up in the Robby comparison. I've already acknowledged that Perriman can hopefully develop into a more complete player - He obviously has the frame and physicality to do so that Robby lacks.. But, to this point those abilities haven't shown up on tape. Statistics are just a way of illustrating that as objectively as possible. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Bucs run a vertical offense. 

How you are used =/= what you are capable of. 

So... Would you rather analyze his film from Cleveland/Baltimore?

He didn't prove capable of much before joining the Bucs vertical passing attack. Crazy coincidence? Or maybe that scheme just so happens to play to his strengths..

Also, he's always been used primarily the same way. So what you're implying is that all his coaches to date have failed to properly utilize him.  

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

He didn't prove capable of much before joining the Bucs vertical passing attack. Crazy coincidence? Or maybe that scheme just so happens to play to his strengths..

Also, he's always been used primarily the same way. So what you're implying is that all his coaches to date have failed to properly utilize him.  

I think that is totally legitimate. I don’t think it’s crazy to assume coaches haven’t used him correctly bc of his injury history. Im sure they’ve all coddled him to not risk another injury. Meaning not using his full skill set. His injury history is mostly concussion and knee related. So you can totally see why coaches would ease him in. Therefor never really utilizing him totally. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think that is totally legitimate. I don’t think it’s crazy to assume coaches haven’t used him correctly bc of his injury history. Im sure they’ve all coddled him to not risk another injury. Meaning not using his full skill set. His injury history is mostly concussion and knee related. So you can totally see why coaches would ease him in. Therefor never really utilizing him totally. 

Seriously? I find it incredibly hard to believe that he's been held back his entire career (Including college) by coaches who chose to limit his route running for the purpose of preventing injury. It sounds a bit optimistic coming from a fan of the team who just signed him.   

54 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

There's answers for everything, if you watch but thats up to you.

Robby in his time with us has shown what he is and thats fine, no one is saying he isn't a good player but he's limited.

And it is possible that he's been used wrong consistently, Alex Smith was crap until he found coaches(Harbaugh/Reid) who played to his strengths. Sure people made checkdown/5 yard jokes but he was marching into the playoffs year in and year out.

We'll see about Perriman.

38 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Seriously? I find it incredibly hard to believe that he's been held back his entire career (Including college) by coaches who chose to limit his route running for the purpose of preventing injury. It sounds a bit optimistic coming from a fan of the team who just signed him.   

Coaches dont send Desean Jackson across the middle for this exact reason.

Some coaches dont let their running backs catch the ball with their back to the defense.

8 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I suggest you watch more of him. Bc you’re basing your info on stats instead of the eye test. If you think they’re the same WR that just one has stayed healthy and the other hasn’t... we just won’t see eye to eye on this. Which is ok. But no sense in going round and round about it

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I suggest you watch more of him. Bc you’re basing your info on stats instead of the eye test. If you think they’re the same WR that just one has stayed healthy and the other hasn’t... we just won’t see eye to eye on this. Which is ok. But no sense in going round and round about it

I offer a different opinion, so naturally I'm the one who needs to watch more film? Few things:

Your'e so caught up in the comparison that you've missed the underlying question: Is Perriman a more complete WR at this point? I don't see that on film - I see a deep threat who's used almost exclusively as a vertical option. Again, doesn't mean he can't or won't develop further.. But when you claim he's the more versatile player right now, you're making an assumption based on size/physicality that have yet to translate. That's all - If you disagree, try supporting your own take instead of making a baseless claim that I'm just going off of stats.

I use statistics to support what I've seen with objective reasoning, you should give it a shot. 

12 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I offer a different opinion, so naturally I'm the one who needs to watch more film? Few things:

Your'e so caught up in the comparison that you've missed the underlying question: Is Perriman a more complete WR at this point? I don't see that on film - I see a deep threat who's used almost exclusively as a vertical option. Again, doesn't mean he can't or won't develop further.. But when you claim he's the more versatile player right now, you're making an assumption based on size/physicality that have yet to translate. That's all - If you disagree, try supporting your own take instead of making a baseless claim that I'm just going off of stats.

I use statistics to support what I've seen with objective reasoning, you should give it a shot. 

Stats are exactly that stats. Doesn’t tell the whole story. As I’ve stated... there’s an eye test. And you can just look at Perriman and can tell he offers more than being a deep threat. There’s not a reason he can’t do things that use more of a physical play. I’m not saying your stats are wrong. I’m saying they are exactly that just stats. For example based on stats nearly every RB drafted didn’t catch the ball much in college. Doesn’t mean they can’t do it. Hell James White has made a whole career of it and played for a school that rarely throws to their RBs. My point is that just bc of often injured career, down on the depth chart, etc. Doesn’t mean he can’t do more than these stats say.

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Stats say that Darnold isn't good, eye test says he's more than what his stats are showing 

Stats are nice but with football I go off of what I see more. There's usually more to it.

THANK YOU!!!