Rank every division’s QB situations: AFC East

notthatbluestuff

There are several different metrics that this question is asking and can be answered — thats a very good thing. 

If we take each QB's situation I would say:

Bills — Has the best set of skill players to compliment Allen

Pats — Always seem to be competent when it comes to running an offense with out Brady. 

Dolphins — I think there's more talent on the offensive side of the ball than the Jets, but huge questions with the coaching staff and the AFCE's favorite OC, Chan Gailey

Jets — Douglas has done pretty well in his first offseason as GM to reshape the offensive line and add a few pieces. I really like Mims, but just don't think he moves the needle that much. And Can't forget about Gase being HC/calling plays.

If we're ranking them on who's the best, I would give a slightly biased edge to Darnold over Allen, but that is a pretty much toss up. Tua is a guy I really like, but there are very huge injury/durability questions and issues. Stidham is also a big question mark, but I did see him not play well vs the Jets last season. 

So that would be

Darnold/Allen

Tua

Stidham

To see that people say that any of these clubs should give up on their young possible franchise QB to sign a 31 y/o Cam Newton is out there imo. 

• Like 2

On 26/05/2020 at 12:04 AM, Johnthejetsfan said:

Pats — Always seem to be competent when it comes to running an offense with out Brady. 

We certainly have been in the past, but there hasn't been a non-Brady period as of yet with the talent vacuum that we'll have this season. I think we are entering uncharted waters here. I trust the coaching, for sure. But the talent....eesh.

When you look at Cassell's season, he had the corps of the 07 season (still won 5 fewer games). Jimmy and Jacoby had a good OL, peak Gronk, peak White - although none had the running game of 2018, to be fair.

We'll see. I think it's right to have us last though.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

How about now?

If Cam looks like Cam of 2019, not much has changed. This assumption he's miraculously back to his MVP form and fully capable in a shorten Covid offseason of instantly learning "virtually" that Josh McDaniels Offense, is also a reach IMO. 

On 6/29/2020 at 3:38 AM, notthatbluestuff said:

How about now?

are we talking short-term or long term?

if short term, I would go with the Pats as #1

Pats

Bills/Jets

Dolphins

if it is long term, I would still have 

Allen & Darnold as 1A/1B

Dolphins

Pats. 

I have the dolphins QB room 3rd because I can't put a rookie QB with serious injury history above 2 returning starters (even if I have him as a prospect graded above the other 2). And with the Pats, I just don't think Cam is the long-term starter there, but is easily the best QB in the division at this current moment. 

Dang. I don’t even know how to go about ranking these guys. Way too many unknowns. Allen and Darnold have flashed but need to play more consistent. This year will be a big year for them. Tua is a rookie coming off major surgery and Fitz can be great or horrible (never anything in between). Cam Newton in a BB offense...hmm....I’ll believe it when I see it. My guess is that they will use him similar to how McDaniels used Tebow in Denver. Way too many question marks.

I would probably go

1) Cam. They still have great coaches. Although losing their OL coach is a big deal

2) Darnold/Allen: I can’t decide. I think Darnold is better but Allen has better pieces around him

4) Fitz/Tua: I don’t expect Tua to play. And Fitz playing well is a coin flip. He was descent last year. So I’ll guess he’ll be bad this year. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 5:34 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Assuming Cam healthy;

1. Patriots - only MVP type QB in the div

2. Miami 

3. Buffalo 

4. NYJ

If half-man Cam

1. Miami

2. Buffalo

= 3. NE

= 3. NYJ

MVP type lmao.... Josh Allen has a better shot at MVP and his chances are slim to none. Even when healthy the guy had one tremendous year and has fallen way off since.

Edited by marshawn lynch

11 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

MVP type lmao.... 

Yeah, you know....Cam won the MVP. And I did say assuming healthy.

How many times has Josh Allen won the MVP?

Josh Allen vs NE: 0 wins, 52.5 Rating

Cam Newton vs NE: 2 wins from 2, 128.2 Rating.

salt-shaker.jpg?w=1155&h=1541

Edited by Hunter2_1

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I mean i agree with your statement about cam mvp type but using their stats against the Patriots as a case is extremely flawed lol

On 5/5/2020 at 8:56 PM, Starless said:

The last time a division had a QB situation this weak was probably the 2010 NFC West where all the teams finished below .500 and the best QB was rookie Sam Bradford. 

And that division ended up becoming the best division in football for most of the past decade.  I think the AFC East follows suit.  I think there are 3 bonafide franchise QBs in this division: Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, and Jarrett Stidham.  The Bills, Jets, and Patriots are set at the QB position moving forward. 

On 5/7/2020 at 2:51 PM, RamblinMan99 said:

Obviously, you're not fully aware of how horrible your team is.  

But we ARE fully aware of how laughable your football assessments are.   

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 4:42 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

When did i ever say Josh Allen was an MVP type. If if healthy Cam is not MVP caliber... he lucked out one season. He isn't MVP caliber because he lucked into one years ago. He is not much more than a mediocre QB. Healthy or not.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

When did i ever say Josh Allen was an MVP type. If if healthy Cam is not MVP caliber... he lucked out one season. He isn't MVP caliber because he lucked into one years ago. He is not much more than a mediocre QB. Healthy or not.

He “lucked” into an MVP with a WR group led by Ted freakin’ Ginn. Who by himself dropped 6 40+ yd. walk in TDs. An UDFA #2WR(Philly Brown) who was out of the league a year later. A #3WR in Rookie Devin Funchess, who at mid season had literally dropped as many passes as he had caught. And a 4WR who was absolutely a contender for slowest WR in the NFL. Plus 3 drops in the SB.     

And still would have won MVP if he never ran the ball once the whole year. The “luck” you speak of is the only year Carolina put a solid OL in front of him.