Most Likely NFC Worst to First

HTTRDynasty

The tweet below had me thinking this question over in more depth than it probably deserves, but I'm interested to see what FF thinks.  I'll keep my thoughts brief:

I think the Cardinals will be the best team out of the 4 this year, but they also play in the toughest division.  

The NFCS is also pretty stacked, but I don't think the Panthers will be very good anyway.

So I think the Lions are the most likely to actually go from worst to first if there's a 2020 season.  Their division isn't great (Packers weren't as good as their record indicated last season and I think Cousins will really miss Diggs) and Stafford was playing very well last year before getting injured.

Though the Redskins would be a good dark-horse candidate, given how terrible the NFCE is (4-19 against teams with a winning record last year).

I’m too deep into Cinco De Mayo to fully digest the OP...

but I’m really high on Kalamurri and think the Cards are gonna be feisty as hell this year.

I don’t think they’ll finish first though... 

I agree it’s the NFC South but to be honest I’m more afraid of Tommy and the Bucs than Teddy and the Panthers 

Edited by Dome

3 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

That's funny because Neither Washington nor Dallas have one won in... 25 years now? LOL Giants are coming up on a decade.

NY and Washington are perennial laughing stocks right now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's funny because Neither Washington nor Dallas have one won in... 25 years now? LOL Giants are coming up on a decade.

NY and Washington are perennial laughing stocks right now.

i wouldn't sleep on washington. That D-line is stacked with some heavy talent, if they can get something of an offense going this year. Before Alex Smith got hurt, they were just bagging on teams this past year e.g. Packers 

21 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

i wouldn't sleep on washington. That D-line is stacked with some heavy talent, if they can get something of an offense going this year. Before Alex Smith got hurt, they were just bagging on teams this past year e.g. Packers 

If you saw my prior post, you'd see I said that Washington is a year away. I expect them to be on the rise, but they need another year before I expect them to really make some noise.

Honestly? No one. Arguments against. Washington if Alex Smith came back. Lions if they didn’t have Patricia. CArolina if it wasn’t the NFC South.

Best chance? Cardinals. But I still think we’re putting too much credit into one WR and Isaiah Simmons (my personal fav player in the draft). The division is still a murderers row. Their OL is still not much improved other than 3rd round Josh Jones. They had 2 wins in the final 9 games. I hope they’re good, my favorite non Ram NFC West team. I just don’t think they’re ready to make the 2017 Rams and 2019 Niners jump.

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Where can I buy some of this kalamurri? Sounds fun 

I was in Australia a while back, and I swear to God, they have the biggest, thickest kalamurri you've ever seen. Wholly recommend if you are a fan

• Like 1

Cardinals. Even with being in the hardest decision.

Lions are too talent deprived & Patricia is a joke.

Never been sold on Haskins & I don’t like Rivera.

i liked their draft a lot, but Carolina is just too talent deprived as well.

11 hours ago, Danger said:

Cardinals. Redskins and Panthers are still a year or so away.

Lions are in purgatory.

Skins are my pick, if for no other reason than they don't have the 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams as their competitors.  That's two of the last 3 NFC Super Bowl reps, and the Seahawks, so a tough hill to climb for the Cards.

Lions are my second.  They've been good before, and I could see the Packers and Vikings splitting things enough for luck to bail the Lions out.

Panthers would maybe be next.  That defense will be stout, and McCaffery is still great.  I don't think it's likely, but Brady is old, in a new place, and without a Belichick, so he could struggle, and the Saints could too if Brees falls off.

Cards last.  That's just too tough a division, and I don't really believe in Kyler.