Lebron's 2017 & 2018 Finals

RandyMossIsBoss

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But yeah, nothing wrong about saying that LeBron should have closed out games 3 in 2017 and 2018. Game 1 of 2018 though? Meh, Hill needs to hit both FTs or Smith needs to go up after the rebound. LeBron played arguably his best game ever before that point. 

Sure they needed to do those things, but why do we give him a pass in OT? From arguably the best game of his career to 2 points, 0 assists, 0/4 shooting, and -10? Why doesn’t anybody want to hold him accountable for that? He played terrible in OT, didn’t know he had a timeout which could have been called when it was obvious JR had no idea wtf was happening, and alienated himself from his teammates after regulation ended and did nothing to rally his troops. It’s a pouty loser *** mentality. 

The only one who tried to rally the troops for another 5 minutes of war was Jeff ******* Green? Like are you kidding me? Terrible display of leadership. The game wasn’t over.

• Like 1

The nitpicking is so extreme it's nauseating. 51 points and a historic flub from a teammate kept you from winning? Who cares, didn't score in OT. Doesn't matter.

It's sad really. Some people focus on the greatness they witness of a player taking his team well past their limits. Others focus only on the moments where they fail. Even though without said player they never would've been in that position in the first place.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1

Imagine thinking a flub kept him from winning even though he had the ability to call timeout but didn’t because he wasn’t paying attention and didn’t know he had it. Not to mention he still had the ability to win it in OT. But yeah everyone’s fault but Lebron 🙄🙄🙄. The only thing that’s nauseating is Lebron always being painted as the victim.

10 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Sure they needed to do those things, but why do we give him a pass in OT? From arguably the best game of his career to 2 points, 0 assists, 0/4 shooting, and -10? Why doesn’t anybody want to hold him accountable for that? He played terrible in OT, didn’t know he had a timeout which could have been called when it was obvious JR had no idea wtf was happening, and alienated himself from his teammates after regulation ended and did nothing to rally his troops. It’s a pouty loser *** mentality. 

The only one who tried to rally the troops for another 5 minutes of war was Jeff ******* Green? Like are you kidding me? Terrible display of leadership. The game wasn’t over.

First time seeing that clip and honestly I expected a better reaction from LeBron, I honestly think he gave up on that team from that point onwards. 

This doesn't really have anything to do with the 2017 and 2018 finals, but one thing that hurts LeBron in the GOAT conversation is that his own peers don't even think for the most part that he was better than Kobe. You have guys that competed against both that will say Kobe is better. Forget being better than Jordan, LeBron doesn't even have the blessings from his peers of being the best in his era. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This doesn't really have anything to do with the 2017 and 2018 finals, but one thing that hurts LeBron in the GOAT conversation is that his own peers don't even think for the most part that he was better than Kobe. You have guys that competed against both that will say Kobe is better. Forget being better than Jordan, LeBron doesn't even have the blessings from his peers of being the best in his era. 

That's not necessarily true. A poll last year of current players showed more considered LeBron the GOAT than Kobe. MJ still led the way with a massive 73%. LeBron was second at 11.9% and Kobe 3rd at 10.6%.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

That's not necessarily true. A poll last year of current players showed more considered LeBron the GOAT than Kobe. MJ still led the way with a massive 73%. LeBron was second at 11.9% and Kobe 3rd at 10.6%.

That's not including guys like Matt Barnes, Stephen Jackson, Paul Pierce, Bruce Bowen, Chris Bosh etc. A large amount of players that played against both have Kobe ahead of LeBron. I mean two of the best players in the game today in Kawhi and Durant have Kobe above LeBron. You get the point, hard to be seriously in the GOAT conversation with Jordan when it's not even a consensus with his peers that he is above Kobe.

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's not including guys like Matt Barnes, Stephen Jackson, Paul Pierce, Bruce Bowen, Chris Bosh etc. A large amount of players that played against both have Kobe ahead of LeBron. I mean two of the best players in the game today in Kawhi and Durant have Kobe above LeBron. You get the point, hard to be seriously in the GOAT conversation with Jordan when it's not even a consensus with his peers that he is above Kobe.

All those guys played against prime Kobe and pre-prime LeBron.

Kawhi, Bosh, and Durant grew up lionizing Kobe just like most of us. Essentially picking their hero vs. their rival. It's a flawed pick. Durant said he only considered retired players anyways.

But either way, I see your point to an extent. Prime MJ didn't have another perimeter player on the level of LeBron or Kobe to compete against. He was the only superstar wing in a league of superstar big men in the 90s.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

All those guys played against prime Kobe and pre-prime LeBron.

Kawhi, Bosh, and Durant grew up lionizing Kobe just like most of us. Essentially picking their hero vs. their rival. It's a flawed pick. Durant said he only considered retired players anyways.

But either way, I see your point to an extent. Prime MJ didn't have another perimeter player on the level of LeBron or Kobe to compete against. He was the only superstar wing in a league of superstar big men in the 90s.

I'm not arguing Kobe>LeBorn as I don't see it that way. But this is why it is hard to making a convincing argument of LeBron being the best when so many in his era think Kobe is better.

Difference between Jordan was that the other two all time perimeter players in the 80s both conceded that Jordan was the best. In the 90s Jordan certainly had no close second, that much is true. But hardly any (there is a select few) of the peers of Jordan, Magic and Bird ever argued the latter two were better than Jordan. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not arguing Kobe>LeBorn as I don't see it that way. But this is why it is hard to making a convincing argument of LeBron being the best when so many in his era think Kobe is better.

Difference between Jordan was that the other two all time perimeter players in the 80s both conceded that Jordan was the best. In the 90s Jordan certainly had no close second, that much is true. But hardly any (there is a select few) of the peers of Jordan, Magic and Bird ever argued the latter two were better than Jordan. 

There's a lot of reasons LeBron shouldn't be argued over Jordan. The opinion of a player like Kawhi picking Kobe over LeBron, who only played 4 seasons against Kobe with 2 of them being post-achilles tear, should not be one of them.

Players don't like LeBron's attitude. I get it and respect that people, especially NBA players, liked Kobe's more. I feel like that has a lot more to do with this than anything.

But I digress. Going to drop it.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

There's a lot of reasons LeBron shouldn't be argued over Jordan. The opinion of a player like Kawhi picking Kobe over LeBron, who only played 4 seasons against Kobe with 2 of them being post-achilles tear, should not be one of them.

Players don't like LeBron's attitude. I get it and respect that people, especially NBA players, liked Kobe's more. I feel like that has a lot more to do with this than anything.

But I digress. Going to drop it.

Kawhi picking Kobe while not playing against him for many of his peak years doesn't really matter since he did watch majority of his caeer...And then played against Kobe who was still great in his first two years of the league...Ditto for Durant. Now some of it could be just that idolized Kobe, that could be true. But someone like Pierce didn't idolize Kobe and played against him and against LeBron while he was in his prime. 

And of course it is not the end all be all of what their peers think, but when it is split like this between LeBron and Kobe....Then it becomes harder when you bring up a superior player to Kobe in Jordan. Peers opinions and former players opinions in the debate of the GOAT has to matter some at the very least.