Lebron's 2017 & 2018 Finals

RandyMossIsBoss

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Says who? The Cavs were clear underdogs and the Warriors are one of the best dynasties ever. 

Says anybody with eyes who doesn't make excuse after excuse for poor ol lebron

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh and HE didn't lose. The Cavs lost. They were expected to lose. The fact that he even won the Cavs a title vs the Warriors is a miracle. 

Oh ok. So HE didn't lose in 2015, 2017, or 2018... but HE did win in 2016.

23 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

But, sure, LeBron "haters" (for lack of a better word) put unrealistic standards on an all-time great. He elevated a ****ty franchise to heights they'll never see again. He's got a shot to win a title with a 3rd franchise as the lead dog...at 35/36. 

It's not an unrealistic standard. I'm going by the standard he set for himself when he called himself the GOAT while also in his prime. I expect more than 1-8 with that kind of declaration, and that's not unrealistic whatsoever. I just don't come up with excuse after excuse for him like everybody else.

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Says anybody with eyes who doesn't make excuse after excuse for poor ol lebron

Lol sure. Spoken like someone coming from a totally unbiased stand. 

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Oh ok. So HE didn't lose in 2015, 2017, or 2018... but HE did win in 2016

Considering he made the game saving block? Yeah, I'd say so. Can make the same claim for Kyrie cuz he hit the shot. 

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It's not an unrealistic standard. I'm going by the standard he set for himself when he called himself the GOAT while also in his prime. I expect more than 1-8 with that kind of declaration, and that's not unrealistic whatsoever. I just don't come up with excuse after excuse for him like everybody else.

Good thing he's not 1-8, then. You are the last person anyone should engage with about LeBron. I'd take a simonwayne conversation over this. At least SW was able to talk with basketball sense and not "herr derr I hate deh Lebran"

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Considering he made the game saving block? Yeah, I'd say so. Can make the same claim for Kyrie cuz he hit the shot. 

You already refuted yourself tbh

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Good thing he's not 1-8, then. You are the last person anyone should engage with about LeBron. I'd take a simonwayne conversation over this. At least SW was able to talk with basketball sense and not "herr derr I hate deh Lebran"

He sure is. Gentleman's sweep in 2017 and full sweep in 2018 = 1-8. 

Also, holding someone to a standard they set for themselves =/= hating. Why is it unrealistic to think he should have won more than one game in those Finals? Especially 2017? 

12 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He sure is. Gentleman's sweep in 2017 and full sweep in 2018 = 1-8. 

Also, holding someone to a standard they set for themselves =/= hating. Why is it unrealistic to think he should have won more than one game in those Finals? Especially 2017? 

Oh, you're talking solely about the series totals. Gotcha.

Yes, sure. Hold someone who has unfailing believe in themselves to a standard that has no clear picture. You can define GOAT any way you'd like. You can go by resume or you can go by sheer complete skill set. If you go with the latter, there's not a single player in NBA history better than LeBron James. 

Because his teams were so blatantly outmatched it wasn't funny. The Warriors were ridiculous once they got KD. There's a reason they didn't lose in the playoffs until KD went down for good. Not a single soul expected the Cavs to win in 17 or 18. Not one. Hell, nobody thought they'd win in 16 either. 

Edited by beekay414

But we're just gonna go in circles because you have this asinine belief in W/L as if it's an individual stat. LeBron did everything in his power to win those series and, in the end, his teams were too far overmatched. 

LeBron is literally the greatest elimination game player in NBA history but he gets labeled a choker by idiots. 

Never has someone succeeded so much under such an insane microscope. I don't understand why we can't just appreciate greatness while it's around. He's absurdly good and is EASILY a top 3 player of all time. Just appreciate something you'll never see again. From 16 and in the spotlight to a 35 year old MVP candidate chasing a title with a 3rd team. The only other players to EVER do that were role players (Horry and Salley). 

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh, you're talking solely about the series totals. Gotcha.

Yes, sure. Hold someone who has unfailing believe in themselves to a standard that has no clear picture. You can define GOAT any way you'd like. You can go by resume or you can go by sheer complete skill set. If you go with the latter, there's not a single player in NBA history better than LeBron James. 

Because his teams were so blatantly outmatched it wasn't funny. The Warriors were ridiculous once they got KD. There's a reason they didn't lose in the playoffs until KD went down for good. 

I don't think they were outmatched in 2017 at the levels people are claiming. But hey we can agree to disagree that's fine. And for the record, I don't hate Lebron. He is a fine gentleman and a basketball legend.

Edit: Well, except for the whole China thing. But that's a different story for a different day.

Edited by dtait93

6 hours ago, dtait93 said:

shouldn't have lost as badly as he did.

Based on what? The Cavs were predicted to lose 4-0/4-1 in those series. You can kill Lebron all you want. We get it, your trying to drive your own narrative. 

I mentioned why it wasn’t just Lebron a fault but than you try and look for singular blame. Kill Lebron but you put anyone else in that positions and the Cavs aren’t having that success. 

The best player in the 2015 finals was LeBron

The best player in the 2016 finals was LeBron

The best player in the 2017 finals was LeBron

The best player in the 2018 finals was LeBron

and if we want to go further back

The best player in the 2014 finals was LeBron

The best player in the 2013 finals was LeBron

The best player in the 2012 finals was LeBron

The best player in the 2011 finals was Dirk

Edited by roger murdock
  • Like 2