Vikings by the Numbers

Initially I felt a little surprise over so few players wearing both 1 and 2, but I suppose single-digit numbers are limited to QBs and K/Ps.

Side note: Forgot perhaps the greatest No. 1 of all.

2018_0824_seahawks_home_ttl_0157.jpg

• Like 2

Vikings that have worn the number 3:

• Jan Stenerud (1984 - 1985)
  • Rich Karlis (1989)
  • Eddie Murray (1997)
  • Jeff George (1999)
  • Spergon Wynn (2001)
  • Blair Walsh (2012 - 2016)
  • Jake Browning (2019-  )

There are some very good kickers on this list of number 3.  The Vikings got Stenerud at the end of his career.  He is a Hall of Fame place kicker.  He is the best kicker who wore the number 3 in Viking history.  Then we have some quarterbacks.  Jeff George is the standout here.  His 1999 season was really good, as he put the Vikings offense in his hands and his right arm got them into the playoffs.  To bad he was such a jerk.  He might've lasted more than a year in Minneapolis.  At any rate, he was a better quarterback than Jake Browning and Spergon Wynn.

I would love to give it to Karlis, since he was a barefoot kicker...but it has to be Stenerud, as far as I'm concerned.  He was the first HOF kicker and he had a solid couple of years here.  

Hell, if Browning gets cut, George is still available.  He's only 52, I imagine he could still sling it.  

On 5/7/2020 at 6:45 AM, Virginia Viking said:

Vikings that have worn the number 2:

• Teddy Garcia (1989)
  • Leo Araguz (2003)
  • Darren Bennett (2004 - 2005)
  • Kai Forbath (2016 - 2017)

A pretty "meh" group.  Forbath is the most notable from this list.

This must be an old list.....P Britton Colquitt wore 2 last year.

• Like 1

I've only watched one game with Moon as our starter (a reairing of a 1988 game at home vs Chicago). That was a fun game to watch of his. I think he played in the wrong era though. I think in today's game he'd be even better.

#2...Forbath: good on field goals. Bad on XPs.

Sidney Rice wore #4 in college and I remember a few end around pass attempts..?

btw, Harvin only being 31 and Rice only being 33... they should have lasted a lot longer. (We know why they didn’t but gosh they’re still young.) Could in theory have played for us to this day.