2020 Schedule

J-ALL-DAY

The official schedule will be coming out in a few days, but the leaks have already started:

Don't really like the super late MNF game in week 1 as the following week we will be on a short week traveling across the country. The last two times this happened we had a great week 1 performance to only get hammered the following week on the road. 

Obviously a different team though. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The official schedule will be coming out in a few days, but the leaks have already started:

Don't really like the super late MNF game in week 1 as the following week we will be on a short week traveling across the country. The last two times this happened we had a great week 1 performance to only get hammered the following week on the road. 

Obviously a different team though. 

Expect our travel schedule to be absolutely brutal

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Expect our travel schedule to be absolutely brutal

It definitely will be brutal this year. Hate that week 2 against the GOAT HC we will be on a short week traveling across the country. Pretty much could be a schedule loss, despite being the better team. 

Week 4 will be at the Jets then I guess. Really don't like that at all. One week home, then travel across the country...Travel right back home and then back across the country again. 

Gotta start 3-1 at least though. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Week 4 will be at the Jets then I guess. Really don't like that at all. One week home, then travel across the country...Travel right back home and then back across the country again. 

Gotta start 3-1 at least though. 

It would be really nice if the Jets and Giants games are back-to-back, for less travel.

As usual I'm never concerned about the traveling (at least in the USA). Never seemed to be a problem when the 49ers traveled across the country every year to New Orleans or Atlanta, and then Carolina for a short while. New Orleans in particular the 49ers from 1981-1998 (glory years) lost 3 times total there. One of the losses wasn't even in the early start time. Yeah traveling arrangements still aren't always ideal, but every year here people seem to make a bigger deal out of it than it should be. The better team usually wins because they're a better team. I can't recall of a team claiming their lackluster season was in part due to so much traveling. There never really seems to be a word about the winning teams that have a brutal travel slate though. Or the winning teams that had an easy travel slate. Only the ones that had a bad season. 

Opening up against Miami is weird though. I would think the defending NFC champions would get a better matchup, but I'll take it. 

Edited by PapaShogun

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

They've scheduled the out of conference games this early to make it easier to cancel. 

Different states will have different rules for public gatherings as well. What if California doesn't allow public gatherings of more than 50 people in September but NJ does? Etc. So many variables at play

14 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

They've scheduled the out of conference games this early to make it easier to cancel. 

Different states will have different rules for public gatherings as well. What if California doesn't allow public gatherings of more than 50 people in September but NJ does? Etc. So many variables at play

If certain states do NOT allow public gatherings, then simply put you will see games without fans for all the teams. You can't just let say Florida have fans while NJ/CA teams can't have any fans in the stands.