2020 Schedule

J-ALL-DAY

4 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Saints vs Chargers is MNF, but Saints vs Niners is not primetime? That seems odd to me.

Fox can protect certain games to prevent them going to primetime. This was one they protected 

• Like 1

Really, to amend that, there's not a game I don't see as winnable. Division games will be tough, New Orleans on the road will be tough. But the teams that really scare me, we won't see until the Super Bowl this year. Whatever dropoff there is from Staley, Sanders, and Buckner to Williams, Aiyuk, and Kinlaw, I think there's a very reasonable chance to expect enough improvement from players like Garoppolo, Deebo, Warner, and Bosa, to offset it. Plus real wildcards in McKinnon, Taylor, Hurd, Pettis, and Solomon Thomas at his most natural position that could legitimately even make this a better team in 2020. I think New Orleans/Arizona/Buffalo improved, but I'm really unimpressed with what all the other teams did. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Really, to amend that, there's not a game I don't see as winnable. Division games will be tough, New Orleans on the road will be tough. But the teams that really scare me, we won't see until the Super Bowl this year. Whatever dropoff there is from Staley, Sanders, and Buckner to Williams, Aiyuk, and Kinlaw, I think there's a very reasonable chance to expect enough improvement from players like Garoppolo, Deebo, Warner, and Bosa, to offset it. Plus real wildcards in McKinnon, Taylor, Hurd, Pettis, and Solomon Thomas at his most natural position that could legitimately even make this a better team in 2020. I think New Orleans/Arizona/Buffalo improved, but I'm really unimpressed with what all the other teams did. 

Cowboys on the road makes me a little nervous. That offense is going to put up points, but I don't have a good read on their defense. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Cowboys on the road makes me a little nervous. That offense is going to put up points, but I don't have a good read on their defense. 

You pretty much nailed it there. They are going to win a ton 40-38 type games. 

I'm with you being a little concerned about cowboys, but the good thing is that I think Dak's history against actual good teams and defenses is spotty

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Weeks 7-10 is gonna to be another brutal stretch but I like that its right before the bye. Not ideal to go the Foxboro then to Seattle but I can live with it. I think the last time we did that was 2012 when we beat the Pats then got smoked by the Hawks@thier place the following week. And then we get the Pack@home on a Thursday night. That's gonna be a tough three game stretch. Then we have to go to NO yet again before the bye, but on 10 days rest.

I'd be more spooked to go to Tampa this year compared to going to Foxboro. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

You pretty much nailed it there. They are going to win a ton 40-38 type games. 

I'm with you being a little concerned about cowboys, but the good thing is that I think Dak's history against actual good teams and defenses is spotty

Also he hasn't seen the 49ers revamped defense yet. For a first time meeting, I think that would be in the 49ers favor. 

I would love the 49ers to go into Dallas and murder their squad. My uncle would never live it down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Joe Looney is their starting center. Their OL is not what it once was. I am confident we will get after the QB in that one.

We are a good road team because we are always well prepared. Short/quick practices and detailed gameplans. Unless there is some intrinsic negative scenario such as a 10am game or one less day of prep than the other team, I really don't see any difference for us in home vs away. 

The problem normally is that we typically get shafted with the 10am timeslot. that's rough. we don't have many of those, and when we do we play the jets lol

Edited by N4L

I wonder if the impact of COVID-19 will make fanbases more apprehensive to attend games early on. This could work well for the 49ers in weeks 2 and 3. It's the same stadium, and both teams are predicted cellar-dwellers. New York is the most impacted state in regards to the outbreak. Even if things simmer down, the first few weeks might be tame in regards to crowd size. Especially fans know their team is probably going to get stomped. Might avoid the hassle all together. It's the Jets and Giants, so the 49ers should be able to win those games under normal conditions anyway, but help is help. 

Definitely need a quick start. If we can get off to a 7-1 record, that would be great and put us in position to get home field. Better health luck than last season and this team could have a repeat 13-3 season or better. 

• Like 1