The Claypool Quandary

GordyTheGoffer

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Definitely mixed opinions on his route running, pretending otherwise is simply incorrect

Opinions I saw raved about his route running. I didn’t see any that said he flat out struggled except for the poster that said “meh” last page. I’d say he’s a decent route runner. 

29 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Opinions I saw raved about his route running. I didn’t see any that said he flat out struggled except for the poster that said “meh” last page. I’d say he’s a decent route runner.

In regards to the Senior Bowl, or in general? Because his route running definitely was never considered a strength of his throughout the draft process, even a weakness for some. That, his ability vs press, agility, and inconsistent hands were some of his most common complaints. 

Who raved about his route running? 

16 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

In regards to the Senior Bowl, or in general? Because his route running definitely was never considered a strength of his throughout the draft process, even a weakness for some. That, his ability vs press, agility, and inconsistent hands were some of his most common complaints. 

Who raved about his route running? 

I’m talking about the senior bowl. Also, on a Steelers site they just broke down every game of Claypool’s season and tracked all his targets. It was pretty extensive. It showed that his games at the beginning of the season were kind of rough but he improved steadily in terms of route running/beating the press/and gaining YAC. I can give you a link if you’d like to check it out, but it’s long.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’m talking about the senior bowl. Also, on a Steelers site they just broke down every game of Claypool’s season and tracked all his targets. It was pretty extensive. It showed that his games at the beginning of the season were kind of rough but he improved steadily in terms of route running/beating the press/and gaining YAC. I can give you a link if you’d like to check it out, but it’s long.

I’m sitting on a fixed post right now, so hit me lol. 

I know there was lots of talk that considered Claypool as a big slot/receiving tight end type, so interested to see different perspectives that might project him more as a Vincent Jackson type.

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’m sitting on a fixed post right now, so hit me lol. 

I know there was lots of talk that considered Claypool as a big slot/receiving tight end type, so interested to see different perspectives that might project him more as a Vincent Jackson type.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/05/chase-claypool-2019-game-contextualizations-notre-dame-vs-usc/#disqus_thread

This is to the first game of the season. I thought they were all in one area, but he hasn’t made the capstone post. It shouldn’t be hard to follow through the rest of them in order.