Week 4 GDT: Tennessee Titans (2-1) at Houston Texans (1-2)

titans0021

Really thought I created this but must have not pressed submit before leaving work last night.

Anyways, this is obviously another massive game. Have a chance to put a little separation between us and Houston and go a long way towards earning any potential tiebreaker if it's needed.

Big thing is to contain Watson. I feel alright about this after how we played Wilson. He was able to slip out of some sacks, but didn't really pile up a ton of rushing yards. I know the stats look bad, but that's a product of a whole lot of yards and a couple of touchdowns after we built a 30-14 lead.

Also, limit Hopkins. Given how often Watson throws to him, he's going to catch some passes, but limit the damage.

We'll see if Fuller plays. I have my doubt.

Corey Davis will likely sit again this week. Because we can't have nice things.

This game will be tough no doubt. So for any Texan fan that comes in here this week understand I respect your team I don't think you suck but I've bought in to this team. Being down in Nashville and being around the players and seeing it in person it just feels different this year. I know the Texans didn't have Watt last year the first go around but the Titans could have come out of that game with a win and that was with less weapons than we have this year.

Aside from the onside kick this year Mularkey has pretty much pushed all the right buttons with this team. Sticking with Adoree at CB, the screen game which we have never had a screen game this year, rookies like Jonnu and Jayon Brown contributing in big ways.

Marcus is playing great I know the stats arnt eye popping but he's doing a lot of things well I feel like when he has a designed scramble he calls it at the right time. Even the whole throwing to the right thing is slowly starting to go away the TD throw to Jonnu was dropped into the bread basket Sun and that throw to Eric Decker was a thing of beauty and Week 1 to Corey Davis. 

Watson is going to be tough but I'm banking on Lebeau being able to confuse him and I never really say that about our defense ever but this week needs to be the week Lebeau designs his @ss of to help go down there and take this game. 

I don't know how well we will be able to run the ball but if I'm the Titans I'd keep mixing Henry and Murray up it's working well 

I like the Titans in this one maybe even Special Teams plays a factor in our favor this time around at some point though they are going to stop kicking to Adoree

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Davis needs to sit until his hammy is 100% healthy. We're clearly doing well enough on offense without him for now, and adding him down the stretch/having him for a potential run in the playoffs is far more important than him playing now, just being week 4.

I almost wouldn't mind just sitting him until the bye week, so he can be 100% full go for the 2nd half of the season. 

As for this game, it'll be tough(what game in the NFL isn't) but I feel pretty good about this matchup. I think Watson will be a good QB in this league but I feel DLB and the D will have his number Sunday. I feel Adoree's going to get his first INT on Sunday.

The back end of the Texans defense also looks vulnerable to me. The lost of AJ Bouye seems to really have affected them. Our OL blocks as well as they did against the Jags and Seahawks, and I think our offense will have another productive game.

I think this is a more important game for our season compared to last week's. Think last week was a fluke for their offense as the Pats have made two offenses look like mid-2000's Colts. Brown is going to get a lot of run this game, me thinks, spying Watson. Our OL can handle any DL in the league with the way they controlled Seattle's DL. Would love to see the offense to get moving earlier in the game while kicking less FGs in the RZ.

21 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

You bring up a good point TNV it would be nice to start fast for once. The last 2 weeks it took a half to explode 

That has been my biggest concern with the offense so far is that we don't seem to come out with that killer instinct. In the Seattle game it took MM almost getting killed for the offense to get that fire going. Hoping that play could maybe kick start the entire rest of the season and we play with that fire all year.

Something I do not want to see more of this game is Eric Weems on offense. There was a stretch during the game after the Taylor carry for loss where Weems played over Taylor and Mariota even targeted him on a 3rd down play. I get maybe Weems was in there for blocking maybe but give Taylor of Weems any day

I have seen zero of Houston. Still this d was real solid against a very balanced O in raiders so if the players listen stay focused we should contain Houston just like we did Seattle until the game was over and went into prevent mode      

On offense Houston has given up yards this year so if we come out ready and like some one mentioned a little fire especially our OL we should be fine a little desperation to get a early TD would be nice.  I would also like the coaching staff calling plays to not. Forget Mathews in their desire it seems to mix it up this year he has consistently shown more than any other receiver the ability to make plays down field.   And where in the world have the down field plays to Walker gone.  I see he is fighting an injury. Luckily we have been getting big plays from janu to make up for Walker not making plays.    And yes Taylor seems more in game shape time to run him deep or slants to get him the ball in space

Adoree Jackson is going to return at least four KR or PRs for TDs. That's the low end. High end, probably 16. 

The Titans front five vs the Texans front seven might look like the opening war scene from Saving Private Ryan - blood and guts everywhere, Taylor Lewan shot up 15 feet in the air like he stepped on a mine, Jadevion Clowney with his guts spilling out of his body amd screaming for his mom, JJ Watt and Jack Conklin stabbing each other to death, Bernardrick McKinney and Ben Jones breaking each others' legs - gonna be some gruesome football. 

Hopefully this is the first of many classic matchups between Mariota and Watson. Goodness knows - given the history of our two franchises, we deserve to have a storied QB rivalry. Hard to dislike either guy, as well. 

Hoping for a fun, entertaining game with no serious injuries to either side. Fully expecting a Titans win.

Titans 545 - Texans 13.

Archived