League reopening Protocols

textaz03

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29144226/nfl-lays-carefully-developed-protocols-reopen-team-facilities

league office tonight has issued the first of several protocols for reopening team facilities. 

“In a memo sent by commissioner Roger Goodell and obtained Wednesday night by ESPN, several phases of the protocols were laid out. The first phase would involve a limited number of non-player personnel, initially 50 percent of the non-player employees (up to a total of 75) on any single day, being approved to be at the facility. But state or local regulations could require a lower number.“

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I'm fine with opening things up, but man, if this backfires.....

I think it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't either way..

I keep looking a what Sweden is doing... any waiting for results... they are either doing the smartest thing or the worst.. but we won't know until many months from now..

Edited by resilient part 2

I am all for them starting to open, just need to be smart and the truth is, at a certain point you have to test to the waters to see what happens.  What I am curious about is the bit about "state or local requirements" would that be giving an unfair advantage to a team from TX vs a team from NJ (which I am all for)...seems like that does need to be addressed.  The Cowboys could begin to gather while the Giants still can't would likely cause issue amongst teams.  And then if official cave and grant special "essential" status to sports team, certain states may lose their minds. 

34 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Not like Dak and Zeke are obeying the stay at home and social distancing orders anyway.

This is for front office employees, not players. 

And I would say almost all players are breaking the quarantine rules. CeeDee Lamb has posted multiple workout videos with other people. 

Most people 40 and under don’t give four ****s about the virus from what I’ve observed. I am my dad’s caretaker and the seasonal flu has hospitalized him two years in a row. So I’m really being cautious, but most of my friends and others in public don’t care. I’ve been invited to beach parties, river parties, and house parties. The bars are open and they are full. 

29 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Most people 40 and under don’t give four ****s about the virus from what I’ve observed. I am my dad’s caretaker and the seasonal flu has hospitalized him two years in a row. So I’m really being cautious, but most of my friends and others in public don’t care. I’ve been invited to beach parties, river parties, and house parties. The bars are open and they are full. 

For most healthy adults it is basically the a week of the common cold. Hell, then you are immune for the rest of your life. If I didnt have kids I would probably be more social 

28 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yes this is true because for the most the virus affects older people and people with major health issues. On cinco de Mayo there were bars with back yard areas packed with people getting wasted and the cops did nothing about it.