Update: Browns to reopen team facility June 1st

candyman93

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If there’s no league year I wonder if the contracts would just hold over until the next year 

I can't imagine it being any other way. You pretty much just carry on with the contract details except 2020 would turn into 2021 and etc... Otherwise there would be so many issues that you would almost have to void all contracts and everyone becomes a free agent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I can't imagine it being any other way. You pretty much just carry on with the contract details except 2020 would turn into 2021 and etc... Otherwise there would be so many issues that you would almost have to void all contracts and everyone becomes a free agent.

My dream scenario. 

raw

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kayelcio said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I thought it was an interesting discussion

I’ve felt this would happen for awhile. The NFL makes most of its money from TV and doesn’t rely on fan attendance as much as other sports.

It’s why I won’t be shocked if Jimmy say no more signing free agents. You might see some owners panic and cut vets now.

Edited by candyman93

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You might see some owners panic and cut vets now.

I am hoping so.

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Jimmy say no more signing free agents.

I am hoping not if there are bargains to be had.

On 5/6/2020 at 10:14 PM, bruceb said:

Gotta love the NFL's methodically pushing a "business as usual as much as possible" agenda while other sports, government and business organizations seem to be floundering around with their thumbs partially or fully up their butts.

I would bet the hard part for the other leagues is they already put their season on hold. They have to negotiate with the players unions to restart. Being that the NFL hasn't had to cancel anything, it is much easier for them to proceed than the other leagues, who are seemingly ready to, but need to come to agreements between owners and players before anything happens.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:14 PM, bruceb said:
On 5/19/2020 at 8:57 PM, candyman93 said:

Jimmy say no more signing free agents.

I am hoping not if there are bargains to be had

It’s not a bargain if you sign a guy and they get a signing bonus and the league doesn’t even have a season. 

35 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Minicamps including players could be scheduled as early as June 15 or as late as June 27 (Yahoo

They should just have positional grouping mini camps. Just to limit potential contact with bigger groups. Only allow OL to get together, only allow the DL to get together and etc

I would rather have some guys be able to work with their positional coaches, especially someone like Wills

• Like 2